My Dream Journal Tour: Flip-Through and Tips

I’ve seen some pictures on Google with all these beautiful dream journals but honestly, I have no idea how they do that. To me, it makes no sense! :confused:

My dream journal is something I grab as soon as I wake up, with my head still on the pillow, my eyes still closed. I reach out trying to grab a pen and I start writing literally with my eyes still closed! So I don’t expect it to look good!

Here’s my entry for the Weekly Challenge: Dream Magick!

My Dream Journal Tour!

As you can see, my dream journal is messy and almost unreadable! :laughing: That’s my idea of a real dreams journal!

Why do I write down my dreams?

My goal from the beginning is to lucid dream. I started years ago (I was 16 or 17) and really wanted to have lucid dreams. It took about a year of work but I did it. Now I’ve been trying to get back into it for the past year.

The benefits of keeping a dream journal are that it allows you to find recurring dreams, patterns, and ideas to look into your own subconscious mind. :brain:

Lucid dreaming has lots of benefits such as overcoming nightmares, cultivating creativity, expanding your manifestation skills and empowering yourself.

14 Likes

I agree, that’s how it should be :joy: I’m definitely not awake enough for any aesthetics when I write in it! A fun thing I noticed thanks to the dream journal is that I dream in different languages - which obviously makes the journal even more messy. Does that happen to you too @Francisco?

6 Likes

I have a pen on my nightstand and I try to keep paper around. It’s been soong since I remembered dreaming that I havent always made sure I hsve them. I did just get a journal I want to use on my path and I think I will keep it on my nightstand with a pen handy. I added some fresh lavender to my dream sachet and I’ve been repeating to remember my dreams each night while I am falling asleep. Im hoping my efforts help when the time comes for being aware that I was dreaming.

5 Likes

Yes, sometimes I write my dreams in English and sometimes in Spanish, but I do that when I’m awake too! LOL it must be something that affects us expats!

5 Likes

The dream sachet can help too! Especially if you focus on it right before going to sleep.

It can be a quick ritual or a long meditation repeating to remember my dreams… all before fully falling asleep. I found that reading about lucid dreaming in bed helps a lot. And then, as I mentioned before, doing WBTB (Wake-up Back To Bed)

5 Likes

@Francisco I seem to religiously wake up once a night. I wake up, go outside, go to the bathroom and then I lay back down. I think maybe tonight I will look at my lucid dreaming app and see if there are any checkpoints that maybe I missed throughout the day or re-read the blog that I posted about to see if I have done the things throughout the day or before going to sleep. I love falling asleep to the smell of the dream sachet, that’s why I added a little more lavender to it today!

4 Likes

I actually remembered a dream last night and the little notebook I got was too little for it, so I was up at three in the morning typing on my computer. LOL.

7 Likes

@Amethyst, I could try that too! My laptop is always by my bedside!

5 Likes

@Susurrus It worked for me. I can’t read my handwriting anyhow, so this is probably better. LOL.

6 Likes

I love your dream journal, @Francisco! :open_book::sparkles: I 100% agree dream journals don’t have to be aesthetically pleasing- it’s more important to get as much down on paper as quickly as you can! :writing_hand:

I don’t know about your journal, but my sleepy late-night/early-morning scribbles are so scratchy, I joke that they are written in a secret “code” that only I can read :joy:

And congrats to you, @Amethyst! :two_hearts: I’m happy you were able to remember a dream- I hope it was a good one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@TheTravelWitch, it was a weird, Murder She Wrote kind of dream. But I remembered enough for a page and a half of writing so yay! LOL

6 Likes

I thought about you last night. After I wrote down my dream, I jumped on my laptop to post what happened because I was so excited. Then I had a hard time going back to sleep for a couple of hours. I’m pretty sure that I had a dream again, I just had no clue what it was when I opened my eyes. Remembering the first one is a good start though.

5 Likes

Good for you! That’s a start! I’m sorry you had a difficult time getting back to sleep. Hopefully next time, it’ll be easier.

4 Likes

I am so excited that you are both finding success in remembering your dreams @Susurrus and @Amethyst! :heart_eyes: And so quickly too- you are both amazing and very talented :two_hearts: Stick with it- I hope you have more vivid dreams (that are both happy and interesting too) soon! :sleeping_bed::sparkles:

4 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement @BryWisteria! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I have dreams in Spanish, too! I think the first time that happened was a sign that I was officially fluent. That was way back, maybe in 1998? I’ve also caught myself speaking bilingual.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone has a perfect dream journal! You can rewrite the dress and messages to make it look better but it might take some time. For me at least :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have been writing in and keeping my journal on my nightstand with a pen. I kind of strayed from my routine last night, but I will get back to it today. We had company for a Bruins game and I went to bed at an odd time for me. I will be back to normal tonight though. I am really interested in what else my dreams have for me!

3 Likes

@christina4 Yes, I was going to a language conversation group so that I wouldn’t lose my native tongue! 3 years without speaking Spanish can get you!

2-anim-1.gif-1

5 Likes

Ooh, yeah hace mucho tiempo! Necesitamos practicar mas de cada 3 años.

6 Likes