12 Words/Phrases (Or Pictures/Emojis) of 2020

I’ve seen this on social media. I think it is wiser for me to share 12 words/phrases of 2020. :wink: Doing this without context because mystery is fun. Feel free to use either one (But if you do pictures, maybe a collage or make them tiny. :joy: )

January: best friends :hugs:

February: :desktop_computer: computer repairs

March: a time to reset :mask:

April: :couplekiss_man_woman: anniversary

May: theology :latin_cross:

June: :waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon: Wicca

July: love :fireworks:

August: :thinking: questions

September: death :skull:

October: :candle: rebirth

November: growing up is hard to do :man_shrugging:t3:

December: :star2: hopeful

12 Likes

This is cool! Thanks for sharing mate!

6 Likes

Thank you. :grinning: I am hopeful people will enjoy sharing their 12 of 2020 on here, too.

6 Likes

I will really have to think… 2020 seems to have gone on forever… I will think about it and get back to you :laughing:

5 Likes

12 Words/Phrases for 2020 Krissie Style

January: appliances hate me
February: my car is a year old!
March: my babygirl is 11
April: still too cold for my liking
May: my first born turned 21! (I’m old)
June: school is out/summer starts
July: I returned to my craft & found Spells8
August: beach days with my daughter
September: Love
October: Salem, MA
November: I turned 22 with 21 in shipping and handling/Social Security Approval
December: still waiting for Social Security, coming out of my shell

5 Likes

Such a fun idea, @praecog29! :star_struck: This is a great way to reflect back and organize a very chaotic year. Count me in!

January: New beginning :dove:

February: Lost :black_flag:

March: Chaos :boom:

April: Emptiness :white_circle:

May: Slow growth :seedling:

June: Movement :door:

July: Freedom :raised_hands:

August: Success :handshake:

September: Calm before the storm :cloud:

October: Autumn celebrations :maple_leaf:

November: Stress :confounded:

December: Winter cheer :christmas_tree:

Some months are definitely easier to sum up than others- like the few months back during Spring lockdown :sweat_smile:

A very fun activity- thanks again for sharing! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

@krissie117, It’s neat that so many people returned to their craft or started their craft around July. I love the birthday :birthday: phrase. I need to steal it. :sweat_smile: Maybe the partial lunar eclipse on the full moon :full_moon: had something to do with it? I have no idea what power was around at that time.

@TheTravelWitch, I really enjoyed the challenge of finding one word or short phrases for each month. It looks like your year was up and down, just like ours. I can imagine what some of your months were since you are in Warsaw. :wink: Thank you for doing the challenge. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, the one about shipping & handling? Yeah, on my actual 21st birthday I was pregnant & had my son Parker. So I usually start it there & all of the other years since I became a mother are shipping & handling. Feel free to use it whenever you would like! I enjoyed that challenge. I had to put my thinking cap on trying to remember what happened or stuck out about the earlier months. Thank you for challenging my brain!

5 Likes

What a fun idea, @praecog29!!

January: Banishing :cloud:

February: Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

March: Clarity :gem:

April: Triplicity :small_red_triangle:

May: Study :books:

June: Chance :game_die:

July: Statue :moyai:

August: Coffee :coffee:

September: Fire :fire:

October: Prepare :corn:

November: Celebration :jack_o_lantern:

December: Power :star2:

7 Likes

Mmmm… coffee… one of my favorites. People wouldn’t survive if I didn’t have at least one cup when I wake up. :laughing: My second favorite is tea & my go to during the day is Coca-Cola. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Hahaha it’s a turbulent city to in live in right now, unfortunately! Yes- pandemic aside, there’s a lot going on. Many people are fighting for a whole spectrum of causes and the protests are a constant topic in the news. I’ve got my fingers crossed there will be some important changes and improvements in the new year! :blush:

It was a pleasure- thanks so much for sharing your fun challenge! :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

January: drowning :cocktail:
February: fun :dancer:
March: togetherness :family_woman_girl_girl:
April: drama :mask:
May: struggling :woman_facepalming:
June: stress :cry:
July: loss :broken_heart:
August: restart :house:
September: magic :first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:
October: obsession :heart_eyes:
November: purpose :clinking_glasses:
December: confusion :sweat_smile:

Gosh what a year! Thanks for sharing this challenge @praecog29 :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you, @Limeberry and @Francisco. I can’t take credit for the idea but I am glad you both enjoyed be bringing it to the coven. It has been a fun and unique way to review the year. Most importantly, it helps to reflect on such a crazy year and see not everything was doom and gloom. There were growth points, glimmers of joy and hope, rebirths, etc.

4 Likes

Oh boy! I’m not sure about this one! 2020 has been a rough one! Lol

4 Likes

January - hopeful
February- energetic
March- organizing
April -Gardening
May -Aging (my birthday LOL)
June - Blissful
July - Planning
August- Celebrating (Dad’s 95th birthday)
September - Prepping
October - Stretching
November - Thanking
December - Stressing

6 Likes

@berta, 95 years? That’s awesome. I hope to get that many.

It looks like you have had a decent 2020. I know we have all had struggles, challenges, and losses, but it is uplifting to see life was still giving joys, too. Thank you for doing this activity. :slight_smile:

@walter, I hope you still give it a try. There is no pressure to sugarcoat anything. If the year was rough, then it is the way it was. I would love to do this again next year and see how things can change in our lives.

5 Likes

I think this would be a great yearly tradition. Thanks @praecog29
I just have a hard time finding those emoji images. You all are so clever with them. I need to practice finding them.

5 Likes

I had trouble with the emoji part too. I tend to stick to the ones I know off hand. I know there are many more though.

I think a yearly tradition would be an excellent idea also!

5 Likes

🪱Jan-New Chapter in Abundance
:dog:Feb-Happy Place Inner child
March- Blissful :sunflower:Daisy
April-New Job :stars:
May-Health &Healing :woman_in_lotus_position::droplet::woman_climbing:t3:
June- Prosperity 🪄
July-Enlightenment Renewed :sun_with_face:
Aug- :arrow_up:and downs :arrow_down::sunrise_over_mountains:peaks & valleys!:national_park:
Sep-Harvest :rose:Death :wilted_flower:
Oct- Creative & New :broom:
Nov-Home & Fam :family_man_woman_boy_boy:
Dec-:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:Sadness
Jeannie

5 Likes

These twelve words and phrases come to mind for 2020;
Hoax, Lies, Inconsistant Lies, Lying Medical Experts, Lying News Media, Petty Tyrant Control Freaks, More Lies, Government Sponsored Suffering, Insanity, Deliberate Economic Destruction, Fraud, Slavery.
Maybe Carol Baskins belongs in there too.

5 Likes