(#3) 100th Weekly Witchy Challenge – Week 20 - Heed the call of Crystals. Challenge entry - Garnet

(#3) 100th Weekly Witchy Challenge – Week 20 - Heed the call of Crystals

Challenge entry - Garnet
I ordered some arnica flowers last week and as a gift, my seller sent me a lovely dark stone. The stone was labradorite. I didn’t know much about it except it was pretty, so I looked it up.
Labradorite is a Feldspar* mineral.
Labradorite in a white matrix is often called “Rainbow Moonstone”. There is also a particular variety of Labradorite from Finland which is called Spectro lite.
Associations
Chakras - Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, Crown Chakra
Zodiac - Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius
Planet - Uranus
Element - Water
Numerical Vibration - Number 6
Typical colors - Pale green, blue, colorless, grey-white: with iridescent blue or gold flashes

Healing with Labradorite
Transformation, Promotes psychic abilities, Strengthens our will, Stimulates imagination, Calming
It turns out that this stone is quite useful and powerful.
Labradorite is a useful companion through change, giving strength and perseverance.
It balances and protects the aura, raises consciousness and grounds spiritual energies. Excellent for strengthening intuition - promoting psychic abilities.
Powerful in revealing the truth behind illusions.
Labradorite banishes fears and insecurities, strengthens faith in the self and trust in the universe.
It stimulates the imagination and calms an overactive mind, developing enthusiasm and new ideas.
Healing-
Labradorite treats disorders of the eyes and brain, stimulates mental acuity, and relieves anxiety and stress. It regulates metabolism, balances hormones and relieves menstrual tension. Labradorite treats colds, gout, and rheumatism, lowers blood pressure, and aids in digestion.

*Feldspar - an abundant rock-forming mineral typically occurring as colorless or pale-colored crystals and consisting of aluminosilicates of potassium, sodium, and calcium. Oxford dictionary

How wonderful, I thought, I must write a spell.
An altar uncovered and blessed.
A circle of protection is cast and strong.
I light the candles and hold stone used, to heal.
Taking several deep breaths, I close my eyes
With deep concentration I say:

Mother and Consort, bless me this day
Bless this altar and all that it holds.
Touch us with your light, your grace to hold.
Keep us in safe in sunshine or rain.
Lessons unlearned? Teach us again.
This gift of Labradorite I offer to you
That it may be bless and touched too.
My thanks for your attention and so much more
too many to mention. Please know I am yours.
Bless all that I Iove and all that I know.
Bless those hurt me and those who have grieved.
That I may walk in your light on this world
And into your arms when I leave.
As I have spoken, Please let it be so

Garnet

6 Likes

This posted just a short while after the challenge closing announcement, and I’ve been so busy reading everyone’s entries that I haven’t yet managed to collect them all yet for awarding badges!

Seeing as how the Props and Presents post isn’t out yet, I’m going to go ahead and count it for a badge.

Thank you so much for your entry, Garnet! :heart::blush:

What a nice gift! Your flower seller is very thoughtful :bouquet: :gift:

And hooray for labradorite! The first time I saw it I was obsessed with the “aurora borealis” inside the stone- it is mesmerizing to hold it up to the light and spin it around to see all the colors.

I also didn’t know it was associated with Scorpio- perhaps that’s part of the reason why I’m so drawn to it! :laughing: :scorpius:

Thank you so much for all this great information and that gorgeous spell chant, @Garnet- may your new labradorite serve you well! :heart:

5 Likes