45 but feel like I'm finally living on my terms

I’m going to try not to ramble . . . but I don’t know how successful I will be!

I’m a happily married 45 year old, living in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I have 4 beautiful children (16, 15, and 13 y/o twins) and was raised a devout catholic. Attended 13 years of Catholic School and never considered any other religious belief.

I’ve always been drawn to witchcraft, mystical things, energy and ritual but had no idea where to start to develop any kind of personal connection. I have very few friends but am well liked - I long for a sisterhood or community that understands me.

I believe that is why I was drawn to Spells 8. I love to learn . . . I’m longing to grow . . . I need to focus on myself.

I’m not sure any of that really makes sense but hopefully it doesn’t sound too silly.

I look forward to my journey here!

Janene

13 Likes

Hi @JaneneK! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It doesn’t sound silly at all! I came here looking for friendship and I found it and you will too! There are a couple of former Catholic witches here that might help you along your path. I myself was Methodist growing up. No church school for me, thank goodness! LOL!

Have you found the Courses? They’re full of great information to help you on your journey. If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you.

I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Hi @JaneneK!!! Welcome to the group! I was raised catholic as well, and also went to catholic school! I didn’t question my beliefs until I was around 14, and I started to do witchcraft when I was 21 (now 23). If you ever need to reach out, I am on here every day, and others are on here too and we are willing to answer questions, listen, etc. Again, welcome to the group! We are happy to have you! :slight_smile: Blessed be!

7 Likes

Merry meet @JaneneK!

Welcome, sister! As you can probably already sense, the coven community here is a very friendly and welcoming one. Please make yourself at home! :heart::infinite_roots:

It is a blessing to have you! From your lovely introduction, it sounds like you feel a strong call to the witchy arts- is there any topic(s) in particular that you are studying/want to jump into? If so, I second what Amethyst suggested about the Courses- they are a treasure trove of magickal wisdom! :books:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

merry meet and glad to meet you i also reside in downtown pittsburgh and congrats on your marriage we look forward to hearing more from you merry meet merry part an merry meet again blessed be

5 Likes

this is just a friendly offer if you are ever in downtown pittsburgh i could meet up with you to give you some help with book titles as well as some practices for meditations as well as a store i know of where i go for materials for celebrations and rituals for our sabbits if you so choose merry meet merry part an merry meet again blessed be

5 Likes

@JaneneK
Well, my sweet girl, you have the 2 most important things you need to succeed.

1. a need to learn
  2. a positive attitude.
    Welcome to your new home. Here you will find kindness and encouragement and an amazing amount of information. You bring us a fresh new mind full of wonderful ideas.
    With much love…Blessed be
    Garnet
5 Likes

@JaneneK

Merry meet. I’m also new to witchcraft. This is a great place to start. Everyone is so nice and supportive. The courses are amazing place to start.

I’m from Ohio so we are not to far from each other :slight_smile:

Blessed be

7 Likes

48 year old here who has finally found her way home. I was raised baptist and went to church as much as I could but kept getting dissapointed by the actions of the leaders of the church. It all started when I went on a self-care journey and realized that I was a Witch. I’m still expanding.

7 Likes

@TheRealKara
Lovey, don’t judge your church by the people who attend, you’ll be disappointed every time.
Most become arrogant and condescending. They’ll help you when you’re in need but ignore you otherwise. They actually think they are good Christians.
I’m not saying anyone here is perfect, no one is.
What I can say is that this is an eclectic group of people who came together seeking their truth. What is the truth? Everyone’s truth is different.
No one here will either criticize or bully you, if you have this issue, please contact one of our moderators and they will resolve the issue.
The only hard and fast rule is, to be nice. Courtesy is its own reward. Read the rules.
OK, that’s my speel. Welcome to spells8. We are individuals from around the world seeking the truth through knowledge.
Spells8 is loaded with information.
Start with the courses. Any questions? Has two answers: go to Q&A or Forum.
We love questions! If one cannot answer another will lead you in the right direction.
I’m 74 and am a Solidary Eclectic Witch, living in Florida.
Be blessed, be safe, and know you be loved.
Love, Garnet

7 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @JaneneK

It’s nice to meet you! I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I am looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome sister :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

@JaneneK welcome sister. Im Christeena and im 42. U will find so many like minded brothers and sisters here who will welcome and accept all of u with open arms without condescension. If u have questions all u have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. U will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again welcome!!!

7 Likes

Hi @Amethyst and thank you so much for the welcome! I have been working through the courses and loving them! Currently, I’m finding it hard to really have the time to dive in like I want to because I do lead a VERY busy life but I feel dedicated and am going to find a way to make it work! I’m doing my first ritual tonight for the New Moon, asking it to help me set intentions for this lunar cycle.

I can’t wait to get started!

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, @youngea ! My biggest issue is finding time to really do the things I want to do. I’m planning on setting aside time for me each week . . . but with 4 kids, 2 jobs and a husband . . . it can be tough!

I appreciate your thoughtfulness and will be sure to reach out if I have any questions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you, @BryWisteria

I appreciate the welcome and look forward to learning and growing here! I have started the courses and am excited to keep going. Finding time can be tough but I’m not in a big hurry. I feel like I’m in the right place and going to do all of this in my own time. Baby steps!

4 Likes

@TheRealKara - I’m glad to hear that someone else is starting their journey in their 40s. I wasn’t really disappointed in the leaders of the Catholic Church, even though I had reasons to be, but I just started to question things I never questioned before and it lead me here. I’ve loved all things “witchy” for most of my life and I feel the draw/pull now, stronger than ever. I look forward to learning more!

4 Likes

Very cool! Good luck with your ritual!

3 Likes

You said this perfectly- you’re the master of your own path! Set a pace that works well for you :blush:

Wishing you all the best- please keep us updated as you continue to learn and thrive in your magick! :sparkles:

Much love and blessed be :heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.