A Bit Off Topic

I am just wondering if any or all of you choose to remain at home through this crisis we’re going through , as I am out everyday working with the same guy everyday , just me and him, (also my buddy of 50 yrs)., remodeling homes and fixing things for people , we know them all. only like 2500 people here 50 yards from here I see cows and nothing but the open prairie. Wow, I just kept that rolling on to something else…lol. Question: Staying home…Out and about?

6 Likes

@FlagrumThorn I am both out and about and staying at home lol. I work part time and have my own business so I need to stay busy. Work and play, play and work. Never ending cycle for me lol. My husband is at home, he is a therapist and they just closed down the clinic…again. He also does a bit of life skills coaching and teaches meditation. I like you live in a small rural town. We have less than 400 people here and I don’t see cows but rolling plains full of sage (burnt sage as we had a fire back in August).

6 Likes

I only go out for grocery shopping and doctor’s appointments. Then again I’m agoraphobic and don’t go out well on the best of days, and there sure ash hell hasn’t been a lot of those this year.

I think it helps that I’ve gotten to know at least all of the faces on the bus when I go shopping. It’s more comfortable mentally for me once I knew everyone. Maybe that makes a difference.

7 Likes

I’m on call. I get paid 40 hours a week regardless of what calls come in. If I could choose, I’d choose to stay home, but not because of covid. :grin: Even during the “shutdown” my wife and I were both considered essential so we kept working. (Thankfully she’s been given hazard pay bonus checks a few times since this started.) I only go grocery shopping and to friend’s homes that practice the same habits as my family does. We formed a “covid bubble” that has kept us sane. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

@FlagrumThorn A bit of both, I’m a stay at home mom, but now my girls who I homeschooled are done with school, having had a disappointing graduation due to Covid.
We do go out to get groceries, household needs once a week usually sometimes twice. And the safest place I feel to go for fun is the Beach. I can keep my distance and the salt air is amazing, not to mention the blue skies and waves are great mood adjusters.
But right now, the numbers in SC are rising again so I prefer my girls not to go in to the stores again. Which sucks, I feel like they have had to stay cooped up for so long and then when the cases started lowering we all started going back in to the stores (masks on of course) and now here goes the cases rising.
For me, there is just too much uncertainty to confirm if its real, if it’s a hoax, if the raise in numbers is just a political spoof, etc. So I’d rather just protect my family and myself.
It must be cool to work with your close friend.
Blessed Be,

5 Likes

That sucks. I feel really bad for anyone younger than me. It must be terrible not being able to socialize, make friends, travel, especially when you’re in your teens/early 20s.

@Magdelina Wow less than 400 people! :sweat_smile: Did you get any cases this year?

I do just like Benjamin said, we have a “covid bubble”, me and my wife. We see a very limited group of people, go to the store, and that’s it.

6 Likes

One person on the high school football team tested positive so both the football and volleyball teams and families had to be tested and quarantined. I do not know anyone personally that has had Covid.

4 Likes

On the teens/early 20,s note , I am in my teens (52) , I still go out and buy hot wheels cars at least twice a week. I love em…lol Almost to 3000 cars

5 Likes

I am disappointed to with Covid it’s so scary and not just that, I am a caregiver, It’s not easy to stay in one place! I shop a lot!
My son is 17 he’s still in school but has a hard time staring at the screen all day!
I really try my best but that Covid is no joke so my son just plays video games! I am great-full no one has got sick! But to follow the question I go to the store to my clients house and four different clients too! I am busy!
Blessed be
Jeannie

5 Likes

It’s so interesting to hear about everyone’s experience and the situation around the world! Thanks for opening up this discussion, @FlagrumThorn :grin:

Poland seemed to handle the pandemic pretty well at first, but the numbers here have skyrocketed since Autumn began and so we went back into partial lockdown. The requirements seem to change every week- it’s hard to keep track of everything! :mask:

But I work online from home and my school has returned to being fully online. So for now, I only go out for shopping needs and a daily walk (gotta get that fresh air!). Aside from my partner, it’s pretty much isolation for me.

Things sound much worse for my family back in Massachusetts. My great-aunt got covid when there was a breakout in her nursing home, but she is made of iron and seems to be doing okay now :pray: Everyone else in my family is trying to stay isolated as much as they can.

Sending warm thoughts to all- I hope everyone stays safe and healthy this holiday season! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I’ve been working through it all. I get a lot of overtime especially lately. There’s a lot of people that won’t work. A close friend and one of my sons won’t work because they have been getting generous unemployment benefits. I can’t imagine not working. That has to be so boring.

5 Likes

John,
I agree with you John I couldn’t imagine not going to work every day that would be really hard for me. I like working making money but sometimes I feel I need to be safer and be really careful! Wearing a mask in the pandemic is a pain but I can’t imagine getting sick! Stay safe out there!
Jeannie

5 Likes

Travel Witch,
I like how you said your auntie is made of iron! And thanks for your tip regarding the Kitchen Witch Recipe for immunity. When I get home I am definitely going to implement it in my routine!
during the winter everybody gets sick and germs are spread and it’s just really a vulnerable time for everyone so like you said keeping your immunity strong is vitally important.
Since I am a first responder I do go into homes and I have not been exposed to Covid, I am keeping my fingers crossed, I hope all is well with your family and friends! Take care everyone!
Blessed be stay safe!
Jeannie

6 Likes

I’ve known 4 people who have died from Covid 19. My cousin currently has it but is doing OK last I heard. A high school class mate is in ICU right now with it, and my daughter Emily is in quarantine for the 3rd time having been directly exposed to it. This time though it was from a contractor who came to her work sick - without a mask and exposed three people at my daughter’s work. He called the next day when his tests came back positive for Covid19.
My Dad is 95 so I only go out when I am absolutely climbing the walls usually to the grocery or doctor’s appointment. I finally had my haircut…but am no longer going for color. I have to be aware of my surroundings and I know people think I am paranoid but I am all my Dad has so I try not to bring anything home to him.
It is tough. We did Zoom for his birthday in August, Thanksgiving and probably will again for Christmas.
Be safe, be well.
Berta

7 Likes

You are very welcome, @Jeannie1! Yes, doing things to keep our immunities strong is extra important this time of year. Stay warm and stay safe! Wishing you all the best of luck as you work as a first responder- thank you for your service! It is a very important job to have and you are wonderful for working hard to protect others :pray::hearts:

I am so sorry for your losses, @Berta. Sending good thoughts to your cousin, classmate, and Emily too- shame on that contractor! 3 times in quarantine sounds awful. Your poor Emily must be exhausted! Wishing her a peaceful and quick-passing time in quarantine. Your dad is very lucky to have such a loving and diligent caretaker. I know Zoom holidays are tough, but I keep telling myself they keep it safe for holidays together again in the future! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@TheTravelWitch " keep telling myself they keep it safe for holidays together again in the future!"

ABSOLUTELY!!! That is the goal.

5 Likes

@berta If you are coloring your hair red, henna may be the way to go for you. You can apply it over color treated hair. I get mine from Ancient Sunrise since I am deathly allergic to hair color. Except I am a natural red anyway so it’s just to cover the gray lol. You do it at home so no going anywhere for 6 hours :wink:

I also don’t think you are paranoid. If I had older family around I would probably be more concerned but since we live in the middle of nowhere and I am the only one in the office I am relatively safe from getting it although I suspect I had it already back in November 2019 after our parish priest got back from the Philippines deathly sick. I have asthma and never have I ever coughed so much in my life even when I was dying from fungal pneumonia.

5 Likes

@Magdelina That is a great idea… I am a red head… and years ago I used to ‘boost’ the color with henna…(I can still smell it in my mind LOL) I’ll have to see if I can find a resource for it here. Thank you.

Oh wow… that must have been terrifying. I had pleurisy in College. That was bad enough. Glad you survived. Thank you for your kind support. It means a lot. :slight_smile: :heart: :two_hearts: :heart:

4 Likes

The shut down is hardest on the kids. You’re a good Mum. He is lucky to have you.

5 Likes