A few questions about the self initiation and practicing

Hello! I had a few questions about the self initiation and practicing.

Is it wise to have your alter be at your desk? As a homemaker I consider my desk to be my “battle station” as it is where all of my planning is done to keep my home and family functioning. It is also where I like to relax during the day by reading various articles and such, falling ever so deeper into the Youtube rabbit hole, or watch some of my favorite movies and shows. This is my “hub”. I tie a lot of energy here. Would it be ill advised to practice here considering how heavy of a working energy and a relaxed energy is concentrated or do you feel it would be an asset?

I feel I already know the answer to this one, but I’m going to let her fly anyways…
Is it okay to practice rituals, spells, prayers and the like to familiarize yourself with the practices prior to self initiation? To be blunt, I don’t want to fire something off into the universe by accident. For instance, I know from my readings and studying so far that I’d like to be a Kitchen Witch. I’ve already mixed a few oil combinations for rituals and spells and other things although I have not charged them; only mixed them according to the instructions in the book.

and finally…

Self initiation. I have another self initiation that is in a workbook I was given to me by a close friend when I started my studies last year prior to finding spells8. I have viewed the video here to familiarize myself with the directions. I find myself leaning more towards wanting to do the workbook version rather than the one here. Would it be okay if I did the self initiation from the workbook and mark the video here complete in order to more forward with more lessons?

Thank you in advance to any and everyone who can help.

M.~

8 Likes

Hi there Mia! I hope you don’t mind but I moved your post to its own topic so others can see it and help you out :blush: as for your questions, I will go ahead and give my perspective real quick, too.

I don’t think it matters either way, honestly. If you spend the majority of your time at your desk then go for it! If you’d like to put it somewhere else, that’s fine too. There isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule about where your altar needs to go in Neo-Wicca or other pagan practices.

I say yes, and here’s why. The initiation isn’t an initiation into witchcraft. The initiation is a sort of dedication to the Wiccan deities and has nothing to do with practicing witchcraft. I’m also a firm believer that it’s okay to practice spellwork when you’re just starting by doing any small little spell. How else are you going to get better at working magic if you don’t practice, you know?

I say yes to this, too. If you’re more comfortable doing a different type of self-initiation then that’s totally fine!

9 Likes

Thank you so much for moving it! I’m horrible at remembering how to post on forums :laughing:

Also, thank you for your guidance! I really appreciate it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You’ve given me a lot to think about!

8 Likes

No problem at all! :blush: I’m happy to help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.