🙌 Content Ownership - A Friendly Reminder for the Forum Family

Warm greetings to all! :wave:

To forum family members both new and old, this is a gentle reminder about the importance of content ownership.

As mentioned in the Forum F.A.Q/Guidelines and Terms of Service, it is important to be mindful about the content we post.

We are a community that loves to learn- and there are so many wonderful things out there to share! :star_struck: If you find the perfect media (such as photo or video) or information (such as a section of an article or book) to share with the coven- please do so! :blush: Just please be sure to add a source link/credit to the owner.

[Picture from Pixabay]

Those of us on the Spells8 staff team try our best to keep the site safe and enjoyable. To avoid the complexities of copyright legal battles, we ask that you also lend a helping hand by sharing your own content and giving credit when sharing content taken from other sites.

Here’s how you can help- it’s easy! :grin:

When you come across a perfect thing and want to share it with your coven…

• Mention where you found it
  • Say who the owner/creator is

Sharing resources is a huge help, so consider adding a hyperlink. A hyperlink is a clickable link that goes directly to your source!

CLICK HERE to learn how to hyperlink
  1. While typing up your post, click on the hyperlink symbol (:link:) in the toolbox bar above.

2. Paste the URL to the website of the content you are sharing

3. In the second box, type the name of the site or source you are linking to.

4. Click “OK”!

Don’t want to credit? You have options :+1:

Relax- no source link/credit is required when posting content that you own! :blush:

You also do not have to give credit for content taken from open access sites. There are many sites out there with resources that the public can use freely and do not require credit to be given. Here are a few:

Depending on the site, different photos may have different requirements for use. Be sure to read closely and look for “no attribution required” or “no credit required”.

[Picture from Pixabay]

Thank you so much for helping to keep the Spells8 forum safe! :heart: :bowing_woman:

If you have any questions or concerns about posting and content ownership, please feel free to comment below and we will do our best to help.

Blessed be! :sparkles:

31 Likes

Great reminder! I understand and I know I have gotten lax about this, but normally I’m sharing my own content so it has slipped my mind. I’m happy that you can always go back & edit the post or reply in case you need to. I know I have had to a few times.

I remember in college having to cite everything & it was in APA format. (This was very recent, I was in college while I worked at the bank) I won’t go that far, I can mention the place or insert the link a lot easier than figuring out APA or MLA. :rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

I love a hyperlink :joy: saves so much aggro!

16 Likes

:rofl: definitely not! We don’t need APA or MLA formats here :shamrock:

14 Likes

The only thing I would emphasize is Spells8 is a family but it does have Guidelines. As of this reply, 65 members have this badge. :star_struck: Wouldn’t it be awesome if every member had it? Together we have all made this an educational, fun, and :blue_heart: safe space :blue_heart: for eclectic witches.

Did you know a badge is available for reading the Guidelines? (I know, I know. I am probably the only one that gets so excited about badges. :rofl:)

badge

Thank you for this wonderful reminder, @BryWisteria.

16 Likes

@praecog29 I too am overly excited about badges. I’m a collector of sorts. :laughing:

9 Likes

@Princess_Tara

8 Likes

I just wanted to bump this thread back up as it’s always a wonderful reminder for all of us here :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

This is absolutely a great help! Thank you!

7 Likes

I have gotten so much better about links.

I just wanted to add, that as of today the badge count has gone up significantly to 165 members!

9 Likes

Thanks for bringing this back, @MeganB! :raised_hands: :blush:

And wow, @Susurrus- up to 165! That’s impressive! :partying_face:

A huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read through the guidelines (and now has a shiny new badge to show for their efforts!) :heart::pray:

8 Likes

Thanx so much for all the effort that us put into our community

7 Likes

You are very welcome! We try to keep it as comfortable as possible for all of our members :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’m curious what are the guidelines for sharing something from a book? I only found mentions of online sources. Specifically I was thinking of sharing a beautiful meditation, several paragraphs long… it really wouldn’t make sense to share only one or two paragraphs or paraphrase there. :pink_heart:

5 Likes

As long as the source is given, I’m okay with that!

5 Likes