A Horrible Experience 😥

Okay so I have to say that today’s morning was terrible! :face_exhaling: I got up with my phone ringing and immediately got excited that something special :smiling_face: that I had ordered from Amazon must have arrived! I received the call & someone claiming from the bank that I have my account in, told me that a certain amount of money was charged on my card as all the international transactions from my bank’s credit card, were bound to charge fees. Okay, yes I immediately contacted my bank’s helpline firstly and they said it is true. So obviously I assumed, that person was authentic. Even before I could call him, he called me back. I told him that I would like to cancel the charges and I will not do any international transactions. (As much as it hurt my heart, I just had to take this decision, forget Etsy forever…:sob: :cry: :broken_heart:) My parents would have killed me if I had agreed to give an amount of 4000 Rupees annually against my credit card for purchasing internationally! So yes, I sadly went with the process that person told me. Now, is the real case. All the instructions he gave me with authentic enough links, I followed, until…I got a message - “transactions from your credit card are declined due to incorrect details.” I was shocked. Yes I remembered I had entered something incorrectly, but where the hell did this word - ‘transaction’ come from!!? That was when my bell rang, it was all a BIG fraud. A scam. I instantly ended the call and blocked his number everywhere! I honestly, couldn’t have been more grateful for entering something incorrectly!!! :scream: :cold_sweat: Although the reason he had provided was true…that idiot was a scammer! He also added his phone number in my account, I don’t know how the heck!? I immediately removed it tho & sent two emails to customer care of my bank including his phone numbers. Now, I am temporarily safe at least without any loss, but I will never be able to make any international transactions again…:broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: Still, I am thankful to the Universe for protecting me when I thought I was gone…(that incorrect detail was a blessing!) What shook me more infact, wasn’t even one part of this story actually; it was this darkness that I encountered. I can not believe how a person can immerse himself so much into darkness that they do such things!! :sob:
Anyways, I am feeling much better now though my nerves are still restless, I have my magickal family here! :face_holding_back_tears: I just wanted to share my feelings with people who are my only friends and whom I love so much. So thank you for anyone & everyone who read this, I just couldn’t be more thankful for y’all just being here! I guess I just feel supported in times like this, when I am with my coven…:face_holding_back_tears: :hugs: :blue_heart: :heart:

15 Likes

Oh my! @Solasta_Amore
I’m so sorry this happened to you! It’s so crazy, it seems like I have to get a new card every few months because of fraud! You must be so careful nowadays! With all that said, I think you have learned a very valuable lesson! And thankfully, you didn’t lose your money! :hugs:
Love :pink_heart: you hon!

9 Likes

Hideous, so glad youre ok. Really sorry for the stress you must have gone through. Sending love love to you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

8 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened to you but I’m glad you realized it was fake! :clap: I get so many fake phone calls every day that I don’t bother answering my phone unless I recognize the number.

11 Likes

Sending you so much love, what a terrifying experience… :cold_sweat: I’m so glad the Universe had your back there with the number… and I hope you’ll find a way to buy lovely things again anywhere in the world! You can still do bank transfers even if not credit card? If so maybe there could be ways to figure things out, with gift cards and such! :blush: Just please be very careful with things like foreign credit cards and cryptocurrency! :sweat_smile: No more unplanned encounters with darkness for my beloved angel of light :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m glad you realized it was a fake!

8 Likes

First things first- a big hug for you, Solasta! :people_hugging: :heart:

That is a really stressful situation and I am so sorry you experienced it. Scammers are awful- I remember a few years ago a scammer got my credit card information somehow. They weren’t very smart and accidentally sent their purchases to my house instead of their address- as soon as I realized, I contacted my credit card and had everything shut down, but I ended up with a massive food dehydrator that no one wanted to take back :sweat_smile: Ended up putting it in a Christmas swap haha.

Thank goodness! I’m also glad that the Universe helped you out. And it’s a huge plus that you are so smart and that you keep an eye on your finances too- scammers are tricky, but being aware and acting fast really help good win over the wrong-doers.

May you stay protected and safe from scammers- sending lots of love your way, Solasta! :pray: :heart:

7 Likes

Oh sweetie I am so sorry that happened. Thank Goddess you caught it in time. So many people don’t

Fraudulent charges appeared on my Sister’s account so many times that she had to switch banks because her bank stopped believing her. Strangely it hasn’t happened since.

7 Likes

That’s just it. I have indeed learned a very important lesson! :heart: Yes, I too am thankful for being able to avoid the loss at the last moment! :cold_sweat: Thank you & I looooove you tooo sweet pea! :face_holding_back_tears: :revolving_hearts:

Awww you’re soo sweet! :face_holding_back_tears: :smiling_face: :hugs: Thank you so much my beautiful friend! :hearts:

Yes Megan! :hugs: I am absolutely thankful for my sixth sense that woke up on the last minute! :sweat_smile: And shit, that’s some awful stuff. Actually I just downloaded truecaller (an app) on my phone yesterday. You know, it literally tells if the number is fraud or normal whenever you get a call or even a message! It’s an amazing app & I think so it is international but I’m not sure. Plz check hun, if it’s not there even then there are plenty of similar advanced applications. I think everyone should have such an app nowadays. It’s best to be cautious! :innocent: :kissing_heart: :heart:

Hmmm, I guess in India, for international transactions, there are only two methods available, yet. Paypal & Credit Card…:roll_eyes: :worried: Number one - Paypal doesn’t work here literally for anyone :joy: , number two - my credit card = gone for good. Soo, I guess no international transactions would be possible for some time maybe. I really hope tho, that other methods specifically, net banking, should be enabled internationally too! :pleading_face: And…awwwwww! You are suuper cuuute Celestia! :face_holding_back_tears: :blush: :pink_heart: I love you my love witch :wink: :heartpulse: :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

Yep, me too! :sweat_smile: Thanks honey! :kissing_heart: :heart:

Aww sending you warm & big huggles back! :hugs: :people_hugging: :sparkling_heart:

Ooh that’s really funny! :grin: :smiling_face:

That’s right darling. :kissing_heart: I am still thanking the Triple Goddess for being there for me! :face_holding_back_tears: You won’t believe, the digits that I had entered incorrectly was something that I always remember…and in that exact moment I simply forgot! Even bigger shock, after I realized it was a fraud I, immediately remembered it right!! I guess, that was some magick there, as in, a blessing of protection. :innocent: :face_holding_back_tears: :pentagram: Thank you sweetheart and love you right back!! :wink: :kissing_heart: :two_hearts:

Oh god, that’s awful Nixi! :worried: I am still dazed by the fact that some people are soo greedy and selfish!! I can’t imagine what your sister must have gone through but I am even more happier for her that now it’s all okay. It is really good that this hasn’t happened since she switched banks. I suppose, those scammers actually infiltrate a particular bank’s database at a time and use the account holders’ money. But yes, it won’t be so easy for them to do the same with every bank so frequently, so it was a real wise decision! And thank you soo much love! :face_holding_back_tears: :hugs: :blue_heart: I actually very much needed this support and love from my lovely friends here!! :kissing_heart:

Blessed Be All Of My Magickal Friends!
:sparkling_heart: :sparkles: :dizzy:

8 Likes

I’ve never heard of that app before – I’ll have to check it out! :pray: :sparkles: May it always block the scam calls for you!

9 Likes

Thanks sweetie! :hugs: :pink_heart:

8 Likes

I’m so sorry! :people_hugging: I’m also glad you realized it was fake & get it taken care of :clap:

I do the same as @MeganB & don’t answer unless I know the number. I have private calls blocked :no_entry_sign: on my phone & i figure if it is truly important they will leave a message.

I’ve never heard of True Caller, I may have to look into that also. Thank you for that recommendation :blush:

8 Likes

@Siofra_Strega Thank you so much my love! :hugs: :kissing_heart: Yes, that actually is the right approach to deal with these scammers, you know. But in my case I keep getting a few calls that are unknown numbers but still important and not fraud. So, I guess truecaller has become my rescue! :sweat_smile:
Also, I am totally looooving your new profile picture Siofra! :wink: :heart_eyes: :heart: It’s suuuper sweeet! :cupid: :gift_heart: :hugs:

8 Likes

Aaawww, thank you! It’s actually a picture of me at sunset on a beach here in town. My son redid it as this image on his phone & sent it to me. He has a fun photo app on his phone. Lol :laughing: He did another one of me & my daughter at the same sunset that he sent to me too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I get those calls too & figure if they need to talk to me they will leave a message for me to call back or tell me who they are & if they don’t then it wasn’t that important :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m glad it was taken care of for you.

I know here we also have an app called Nomorobo & it will do your cell phone & your landline should you have one & block calls automatically too. :hugs:

8 Likes

Awww that is sweet as hell! Now that is something that an artist, like myself would loooooooove to know about! I mean, just try & ask him the app’s name! :smiling_face: :heart:

Oh wow, that’s a new name for me! :blush: I guess, something must be available everywhere as an app to block and detect such fraud calls. I am just relieved I was saved, :face_exhaling: and of course, I don’t want any of my coven mates either, to be troubled like this! :people_hugging: So everyone who is reading this topic, please download a spam call detecter/blocker app on your phone. Stay safe & stay loved forever…
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

8 Likes

I will ask him when I get home from an appointment for you! I’ll let you know what it is when I find out! :tada:

8 Likes

Thanks honey! :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

It’s really cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And do I spy cat ears too? :smile_cat: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I’m not sure lol :laughing:… hold on…

That one is me & my daughter at the same sunset. I just asked my son what the name of the app is so I’ll be back with what I find out.

That one is just me again. :rofl:

8 Likes

Dang sorry to hear that this almost happened to you and I am glad that something clicked so you knew that it felt off. Glad you caught it in time but sucks on the international purchases now tho.

8 Likes