A Website Containing Additional Information About Babaylans

Hello and welcome to all, in the midst of research about more information about Babaylans (healers) of my country, I have come across the website linked below this message,

Blessed Be,
Margaret

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.en.google-info.org/2506992/1/babaylan.html

10 Likes

Wow, there’s a lot of information there! Thanks for sharing this great resource @anne2 :blush:

Sending you support and positive energy on your path to learning more about Babaylans! :heart: :open_book:

5 Likes

You’re welcome too @TheTravelWitch ,

I’m grateful for whoever was the researcher who did all the research, it must likely took years to do it too. I wonder how will it work out for me though if I ever find a mentor for me there. I’ll accept it if another initiation is to be done just like it did in pre-colonial times, though I wonder how that will work out , After I tell the mentor the sort of past I had before deciding if I still need to undergo initiation, it’s better to be honest to them so the elder/s will have an idea and can discern whether a different initiation is still required or not in cases similar to mine,

Enjoy and Blessed Be,
Anne

5 Likes

It’s an honor to see your path as you research Babaylan wisdom, Margaret! Thanks for sharing this with us!

I remember in one of your posts you mentioned the Center for Babylan Studies. Did you manage to get in touch with them for educational material or instruction?

3 Likes

Not yet @Francisco ,

I’m still figuring out which coven to choose from, it could be that the deities they have is different from the deities of another coven I had found in the past, I’m referring to the one who comes from a lineage of healers. The side he’s from is also from the provinces yet he’s a good source of wisdom too for any practitioner who’s willing to have a mentor who’d teach responsibility in performing any spells or rituals, it was from him I learned to only use any spell (light or dark) as a last resort if problem/s can’t be solved in mundane manners. The education I currently have about their practices is also found on research which is a challenge to find (it’s similar to studying martial arts there are teachings only known to official disciples by the grandmasters and the ones not officially part of it are not told of it) and the spells or rituals in it I actually do is based upon instinct itself (considering I don’t fit with any coven that has Babaylans in it yet for now)

3 Likes

I understand that!! I’m trying to find a better reiki course/healer/mentor that teaches closer to Mikao Usui. But it’s only taught to certain people and it’s not found everywhere.

2 Likes

Same, the only difference is that I chose what is hidden in my country for different reasons, I would have fun learning from all of the elder/s even though they’d say “You’re going to have to eat a lot of rice yet”, it’ll be a long journey considering this is ancient history and beliefs being taught of too

2 Likes

Yep, that’s absolutely right.

2 Likes

A link to a PDF file I had saved in one of my google mail accounts I’ll share it here as Google Docs:

The main summary of the whole article is this:

“The education of a babaylan is lifelong and she becomes a full fledged babaylan when she understands and embodies the multiple functions of priestess, healer, sage and seer.” excerpt from a file named Babaylan Women as Guide to a Life of Justice and Peace by Marianita Girlie C. Villariba

"What lies at the core of babaylanism?

Loving unconditionally in this life and beyond so one can cross with grace into the next life. The belief in another life is at the core of loving. Babaylans believe that one crosses, tumatawid, to another life after death and that love helps the person to find those who will guide her/him to the next life. "

(I have a very long road ahead of me for I do need to learn Divination too after reading this document or file, martial arts well…As unorthodox as it was a group who knew how to use and wield Arnis and Ju Jutsu did teach me it back when it was noticeable for them someone was harming me in the household, there were a lot of falling for me in the practice there :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: , Hopefully my body still remembers how to actually wield an Arnis stick and how to dislocate any person intending harm to myself or another person for non humane reasons :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:)

Document Link: 02wia06_06GirlieA - Google Docs

Blessed Be,
Margaret

2 Likes