Absurd things for thanksgiving

Have you ever heard of a gravy fountain for thanksgiving? I saw one advertised on A Gravy Fountain Would Make Your Life So Much Better | Food & Wine.
It’s a real fountain but filled with gravy. Not sure how I feel about it, I think and old fashioned gravy boat would be neater

il_570xN.599271452_ca5c
![image|500x500]
This was Moms gravy boat. I have the service for 12 along with soup taurine, gravy boat, coffee service.
Rich doesn’t understand why I don’t use it.
"Well, it’s 80 years old and replacement serving bowls and other pieces are really expensive. Last but not least, Honey. It was Moms…BACK OFF!, Sweetheart :kiss:

![image|500x500, 50%] Titanic gravy boat, $45.00, Archie McPhee(upload://vFJK6XAGeWuSoF2FTFOFBef6Qsn.jpeg)

5 Likes

Oh my that a gravy fountain sounds so gratuitous :scream: maybe it would work if you have a very very large family gathering of like–50 people! :joy::joy:

5 Likes

That gravy fountain is wild! It would create a big mess trying to get it on the mashed potatoes! I like the Titanic one but I’d worry it would break and spill gravy all over the table in the middle of dinner.

6 Likes

If you put chocolate instead of gravy. Oh my.

7 Likes

Gravy fountain: Can you imagine the cleanup…woow

4 Likes

We’ve always had the gravy boat at my place- I can’t imagine the chaos of a gravy fountain! :joy: I’m with @Temujin_Calidius- fill it up with chocolate (or even melted cheese) instead and then count me in! :chocolate_bar: :yum:

5 Likes

I was just thinking that it reminds me of the cheese or chocolate fountains & fondue. Of course, I only ever saw those at large events like a large Wedding type of event. I would never dream of using them for residential/personal home use :joy:

Can you imagine if just 1 person misguided the gravy & then it became a domino effect whether on purpose or not? At that point just hose down the room & start over. :rofl:

4 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius Yes!!! I was thinking the exact same thing! :drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes

I think a gravy fountain would be incredible! Messy, but totally worth it!! :grin:

4 Likes

It would be like a 6 year old holding a marshmallow in a chocolate fountain without help. Then again…CHOCOLATE…Yummy

5 Likes

Okay, the Titanic one totally cracked me up! :rofl:

5 Likes

Me too. My family is so irreverent they’d make titanic jokes throughout dinner and play with the boat.

4 Likes

Your family and I have a lot in common! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Why do you think I’m here with Normal people instead of my crazy relatives! Ha, ah.

5 Likes

My mom would love a gravy fountain! She buries her mashed potatoes in gravy at Thanksgiving dinner or any other dinner throughout the year. :rofl: I’ve told her she should have a separate bowl of gravy and eat it like soup.

5 Likes