Activating 3rd eye chakra

Anyone have suggestions for opening the 3rd eye chakra? :eye: :blush:

11 Likes

Hey, that’s a nice question. :+1::wink:
I think same question has been asked a while back.
You can check it here Open 3rd Eye Chakra - #3 by Francisco

Hope you can find your answers :pray::sparkles:

10 Likes

Here are some more tips I’ve gathered over the course of this year:

Yoga Poses

Unlocking and balancing the third eye chakra, a pivotal energy centre can be facilitated through the practice of specific yoga poses. The human body serves as a profound and readily accessible platform for honing and harnessing these vital energy centres.

Yoga, an ancient practice that intertwines physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation, is renowned for its ability to stimulate and align the chakras, including the third eye chakra. This energy centre, associated with intuition, awareness, and inner vision, is believed to be located between the eyebrows, just above the bridge of the nose.

Food

Incorporating specific foods into your diet can significantly support the activation and balance of your third eye chakra. This energy centre, associated with insight, intuition, and inner wisdom, can benefit from a selection of nourishing options:

Purple Fruits and Vegetables
Rich in antioxidants, purple fruits and vegetables are formidable allies for protecting your body from free radicals. These colourful foods include grapes, eggplant, and bananas. The antioxidants in purple produce can assist in maintaining the clarity and receptivity of your third eye.

Dark Leafy Greens
Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, dark leafy greens like spinach, kale, and collard greens offer holistic nourishment for your body. These vegetables contribute to detoxification and overall well-being, creating an optimal environment for your third eye chakra to thrive.

Blueberries
Known for their antioxidant prowess, blueberries are a nutritional powerhouse. These tiny fruits boost overall health and support memory and cognitive function. A sharp, clear mind is conducive to nurturing your third eye’s potential.

Fish
Fish, especially those rich in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon and mackerel, are invaluable for brain health. Omega-3s enhance cognitive function and offer protection against cognitive decline. By including fish in your diet, you’re helping your mind stay sharp and receptive to intuitive insights.

Seeds and Nuts
Seeds and nuts, such as chia seeds, flaxseeds, and almonds, are excellent sources of protein and healthy fats. These nutrients promote overall brain health and support memory and cognitive function. The mental clarity and acumen derived from these foods can encourage a more profound connection with your inner wisdom through the third eye chakra.

Remember that a balanced and holistic approach to nutrition, mindfulness, and meditation practices can contribute to the well-being and activation of your third eye chakra. By nourishing your body with these foods, you create an environment where your intuition and inner vision can flourish.

Pineal and Pituitary Glands

The pineal and pituitary glands in the brain play a vital role in regulating sleep patterns and moods. These glands are interconnected with the third eye chakra, and their proper functioning is believed to maintain balanced energy levels and mental clarity.

The pineal gland, a tiny, pea-shaped structure near the brain’s centre, behind the eyes, is responsible for producing melatonin, a hormone that regulates the sleep-wake cycle. Melatonin levels are highest at night and lowest during the day.

The pituitary gland, also small and pea-sized, resides at the base of the brain. It produces hormones that oversee growth, blood pressure, and reproductive functions, while also governing hormone production by the thyroid gland, adrenal gland, and gonads. Certain practices can be adopted to support the health and function of these glands.

Insufficient intake of K2 can lead to calcium being directed towards the pineal gland at the expense of our teeth and bones, causing calcification of this important area. Thus, periodic supplementation can offer valuable benefits, particularly as we age.

Essential Oils

Discovering the world of essential oils not only brings a delightful aromatic dimension to your life but can also be a helpful tool in unblocking and balancing your third eye chakra. The added advantage? Many of these oils are safe for your furry friends.

Lavender
Lavender stands as a versatile essential oil renowned for its calming and stress-relieving properties. Its applications range from diffusing it in a room to topical use and even ingestion (when appropriate). Lavender is your go-to for addressing issues like headaches, insomnia, and anxiety, and promoting an overall sense of relaxation.

Frankincense
Frankincense, an ancient and revered essential oil, is known for its grounding and centring effects. It’s an ideal choice when seeking to enhance focus and concentration, making it an excellent companion for meditation and mental clarity.

Myrrh
Myrrh carries a spiritual and mystical essence, making it a valuable tool for those interested in intuitive and psychic development. This essential oil can encourage a deeper connection with your inner wisdom, fostering a heightened sense of intuition.

Sage
Sage, a purifying and cleansing essential oil, is renowned for its ability to clear away negative energy. Whether you’re looking to cleanse your space or your own energy, sage can be a useful ally in promoting a sense of renewal and purification.

10 Likes

@EvaCVM Thanks! :blush: I’ll check it out!

@starborn Those are all foods I should be eating lol. Helps if I had an appetite, but I’m working on it! Thanks! :heart::people_hugging::purple_heart::blush:

10 Likes

Good point. Food requires an appetite. :sweat_smile: I suppose some of those can be bought as drinks? Is blueberry juice any good? :thinking:

When I don’t want to eat, I toss a little dried cranberries, blueberries, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and almonds (premixed in a container because there’s no way I’m doing that every time) into two small tablespoons of blueberry yoghurt, and that’s me done with these for the day. It’s still eating and sometimes even that is a struggle, but it’s a lot less daunting than trying to make a meal out of it. :black_heart:

10 Likes

Adding to the great resources and advice already shared, there’s a guide to the Third Eye Chakra with some tips here:

And @christina4 once shared a lovely Third Eye crystal grid- it can be found here:

Blessed be! :eye: :purple_heart: :blush:

7 Likes

I know this is kinda late but just close your eyes. Relax. Focus on your breathing, normal breathing. Listen to the sounds. Smell what you can. Touch something (any indigo/purple crystals). Using your senses 1 at a time. Id duggest to wear and work with the colors purple or indigo.

If you have said colored crystals, place one on your 3rd eye, with your eyes closed.

There are plenty videos on YouTube!

Hope this helped in any way!

7 Likes

Thank you! :heart: I bought a set of chakra crystals. Why i didn’t think of that? i don’t know! :rofl:

6 Likes