Adequate space or room for making a spell

@Irina7 Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England Loki is my patron deity. I do magic everywhere, even in my car. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Welcome, @Irina7!

Others have said it beautifully, so just chiming in with my support- I also think it’s perfectly fine to do magick work in your bedroom, and anywhere else you feel safe and called to work your magick!

Happy casting, and please make yourself at home here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be!

11 Likes

Heck, I do most of my casting from in front of my computer. It’s all good, don’t worry. And welcome to the forum! I hope you find yourself happy here!

11 Likes

Thank you for all the replies! Your Answers and tips are very helpful☺️

11 Likes

Welcome @Irina7 :wave:

I also do most of my workings in my bedroom. Sometimes out by my firepit in my yard, but in a more discreet way because of my neighbors that can see &/or hear when we are in the backyard.

I supporting making sure wherever you do them that you feel comfortable, safe, & with the privacy that’s comfortable for you to do them :hugs:

11 Likes

I’m just hopping in to agree with everyone else! Magick can usually be done anywhere it is safe to do so.

The only exception to this would be if you’re following a specific tradition that has specific rules. I read a book once (something written by Ambrosia Hawthorn - I can’t remember the title) that said an altar should never be in your bedroom and magic should never be worked in your bedroom. There wasn’t a reason given, but based on the rest of the book, I believe the author was speaking from a position of Hellenism and the concept of miasma.

Miasma is this concept of spiritual impurity. For those who believe in it, miasma collects in places and activities that are naturally human - the bedroom, bathroom, during menstruation, etc. It’s something that occurs naturally and is not inherently good or bad. However, in certain traditions, showing up to work magic or be with the Gods while miasmic is considered disrespectful.

I think this concept has carried over into some modern practices without full explanation.

Anyway, I say if you don’t believe it matters (and the Gods haven’t said otherwise), then it doesn’t matter!

12 Likes

To add to that, it has/can also be a term for social responsibility.

I will need to find the book(s) I got that particular definition from at some point… When I finally organise my books again. :face_exhaling:

But anyway, it’s a very community-oriented rather than individualist take on things, so I quite like it as a concept. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Not that I care about sin anyway, but you know what I mean. :joy:

12 Likes

I knew there was information on miasma here in the forum somewhere :sweat_smile: thanks for adding that extra definition there!

9 Likes

A forum is not an easy place to find mentions of things. :joy:

Now that I read it again, I’m wondering what things the people of Pompeii did to bring down the wrath of Vesuvius. Did they steal all the cookies from the cookie jars? :smile:

10 Likes

Oh geez… :sweat_smile: Maybe they kept their altars too close to their bedrooms, or maybe they didn’t give enough offerings to the Gods! :joy: The world may never know.

9 Likes

@starborn @MeganB they didn’t know how to pronounce Samhain, besom and Hekate! :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

9 Likes

Well, they were doomed from the start! :joy:

9 Likes

That’s a good question, here is my opinion on it, as someone who does perform magic. I agree to not perform spell work in one’s bedroom if one can help it. I don’t perform any spell work or even meditations in my bedroom now. There was a time many many years ago when I was living in my dad’s house, was confined to my bedroom, but it was large, so I meditated in a corner away from where I sleep, kept my spiritual tools there. At that time though, wasn’t practicing magic.

Now that I’m able to do my stuff in a different room, I have my own place, I do it.

Reason why. Taking me back to my days of learning meditation under Frederick ‘Rama’ Lenz, my meditation teacher, haven’t worked with him directly, he passed away, but I’ve work with students of his. Listening to a recording by him and he strongly advised to not meditate in your bedroom, or near where you sleep because that’s where you do your dreaming, need to keep that separate from your meditation works. His students I got in touch with echo the same with their practice. One of his students said she lives in a Manhattan apartment where space is limited, and she doesn’t use her kitchen to cook in, so she does her meditation there. From there, I extend this to my other spiritual works. Only if space affords me to keep it separate. Now it does.

10 Likes

The space of where you perform your magical works, that’s secondary, ultimately I feel it’s good you’re doing it, and importantly as mention at a place where you feel is safe and private. If it’s your bedroom, it’s your bedroom.

If you want to not do it in your bedroom, make a petition with your spells or manifestation works to get a bigger place down the line to separate your spiritual magical works from your bedroom, let the Universe to be make it happen. Ultimately, your practicing and that’s where it’s at! :sparkles:

10 Likes

I do most of my magick in the bedroom. You can do it anywhere in your house (or apartment) as long as it’s not bothering someone else or wherever you feel safe and can concentrate.

10 Likes

Merry meet :sparkling_heart:

For me the bedroom is a place of power, so it’s a natural place for an altar. :blush:

It’s so interesting to hear about different paths, and how completely opposite things can be true in different contexts and for different people. When in doubt about anything it’s good to listen how it feels in your body and in your heart. Contraction and the feeling of something being off is a no… relaxation, ease and openness is a yes. :pink_heart:

10 Likes

I’ve also heard that the body will lean forward for yes or backward for no. This is also handy for asking your body if certain vitamins or foods are needed at a certain time.

9 Likes

That would make sense… leaning towards in attraction and anticipation, or back for aversion. Our bodies are so wise :blush:

9 Likes

It’s fun catching yourself do this with people, too. Well, in the case of the former. In the case of the latter, it’s time to go. :smile:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.