ALS Awareness Month

I hope this is ok to post here.

May is ALS awareness month and I just wanted to share a few facts with you in an effort to raise awareness! Obviously :laughing:

I’ve talked about a lot my experiences with this disease and I appreciate all the love and support you’re shown me, which means the world to me! :blue_heart::two_hearts::heart::purple_heart::people_hugging::kissing_heart:

16 Likes

Thank you for sharing these. :people_hugging: :black_heart: I had no idea it could take so freakin’ long to diagnose! That’s a lot. :grimacing:

12 Likes

This is helpful to know, thankyou lovely :green_heart: I particularly relate to:
“ALS affects the entire family”, this is important as a mother of a disabled son (ASD), I get this.

You do amazing by the way :green_heart::people_hugging:

13 Likes

Reminds me of the disease that claimed my mom’s whole side. Most of them died of Huntington’s disease. Including my grandpa Jeff kadar. I never met but my mom said he would have never left my side. As I was a sports kid and he loved that. Wish I could have had him in my life. Lose control of motor functions. Eventually can’t breathe or swallow.

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @Sivonnah. ALS is rough. I have know several people who have had it. The woman
knew Kathy lived for 6 yeats. She was amazing.
How many years has it been since your diagnosis? I can’t remember.
I am grateful to know you and that you share your experience with us :sparkles: :heart: :pray:

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Sivonnah. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Sivonnah I was not aware of any of this. Much love to you. You have amazing strength my dear friend. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing these with us :heart: I knew some of it but others I didn’t. I’m grateful you’re here with us!

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing and for raising awareness about an important cause :pray: We’re blessed to have you here with us, @Sivonnah :hugs: :heart:

12 Likes

I care, @Sivonnah .

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Sivonnah. :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

It is very similar and it’s heartbreaking :broken_heart:

8 Likes

It was a little over a year ago. April 2023. Symptoms started in 2022.

9 Likes

Thank you for all your love! I have such loving and supportive family here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts::purple_heart::blue_heart::heart::people_hugging:

9 Likes

I’m sorry and I love you sister :heart::kissing:

8 Likes