Altar by entrance and other trinkets

There are 2 types of sansevieria in the white pots.
The one on the upper shelve, believe is jade plant. It grows very slow.
Quite like the dried lavander twiggs, don’t know what to do with them yet.
As you can see there’s a lot of Feng Shui around.
Still have to make room for another altar upstairs.

10 Likes

Lovely pics @basil! All sorts of interesting things to look at!

3 Likes

I love looking at your pictures! And for lavender twigs, you can use then in many spells.

4 Likes

I will do at the end of next harvest. These are more than 1 year old. I could use them as incense. They are very dry. I could use them in a craft project.
I have plenty of lavander budds to make tea, cook and spells.; even made some oil!
Thanks

4 Likes

Beautiful space Basil :herb: Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Wow - I’m really loving those bundles of lavender and that Green Man decor. Your plants look happy too!

5 Likes

@robin77. Thank you. Bits and pieces collected over the years. Finally together they have a purpose.the plants are kind of low maintenance, slow growing. I surprise myself, because I find them no the easiest ones to grow. They all have different personalities and needs.

6 Likes

@basil That gives me hope lol! I’m doing research now to find a few potted plants to start with. I have no yard space or even real window sill space (just a small balcony) but I’m nervous to care for them! I’ve never done well with plants, but I think I’m in a head space to give it a better try now.

6 Likes

@robin77. The best incentive for me was failing to keep plants alive.
I was given a spider plant once. Apparently nothing kills it, well, I did!
Nowadays got loads.
Some plants thrive being neglected: nastartiums are one.
You can eat leaves, flowers and pickle the seeds in vinegar, cheap version of capers!.
A small space is better than nothing.
I watched a guy once that it had over 100 plants in a small apartment. Would take 1 hour daily to care for them.
ZZ plant is an easy one, but you’ll get bored waiting for it to grow.
Find one you like. Think where you want to place it and don’t get to excited watering. That’s a number one killer.
Rule of thumb, allow soil drying between waterings.
Most plants love getting a good drink in a sink, this way you avoid “gnat” flies.
I’ve been there😬
Have fun & good luck😸

7 Likes

@basil - THANK YOU!!

6 Likes

These are lovely pictures <3 Thank you for sharing them <3 My favourite is the boat :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s great advice!!

@robin77 I have one of these dollar plants (I’m not sure what the exact name is), and they are so easy to care for! We’ve had so many plants die (can’t agree who’s watering it with my wife!) but this one is really hardcore:

4 Likes

@Francisco. That’s impressive, how old is it?. Mine, as you can see is very compact in shape and height. Seems happy all year around by the front door. Got it out a few years back and got burnt leaves( slow recovering).
It’s some babies, but the replication process will take me some time.
It’s a bit of Bonsai, has enough compost holding the roots and not much to fill the pot. If I get I bigger pot, will have to move it.
Reminds me of my ficus benjamina. It’s in the kitchen, if I move it leaves start falling.

. When came back from Spain, was in bad shape. Slowly recovering!.
Believe it or not, my partner used to work for Greenpeace, Amnesty international, and did conservation group. When it comes to his own garden and house plants, it’s all about boring low maintenance evergreens!

3 Likes

I don’t know what to comment on first but that plate is A—mazing.
You can see so much in it. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s a bit crammed, but to me came out ok. The plate symbolises the flow of energy in Feng Shui. Can not have an aquarium, so there is a nice substitute.
Found it in a charity shop. I love the colours.
Thanks

2 Likes

Crassula ovata (Jade Plant / Money Plant)

2 Likes

www.ourhouseplants.com

Crassula ovata (Jade Plant / Money Plant).

Great advice on other plants!

1 Like

Loving your vibe so much

4 Likes

@AliceInWonderdab. Thank you.
How are things?
With Aries energy we should see things moving.
Fingers crossed and hope for the best!
You’re worth it​:pray::smile_cat:

3 Likes

Gorgeous altar space and plants, @Basil! :heart_eyes: You have so many wonderful treasures, and it looks like your lovely plants are thriving :herb::two_hearts: The dragon in the Himalayan sea salt bowl/candle holder is a gorgeous touch- so fun to see! :sparkles:

Thanks so much for sharing :blush:

4 Likes