Am I a bad person

Today I was approached by a street person and he wanted me to take him somewhere in my car, I said sorry and got in the car and left. Now I feel guilty, I could have taken him, but I didn’t.
Was that awful of me?

7 Likes

No, you’re not a bad person. That’s silly!

Especially if you’re a woman, driving alone, you’re not expected to pick anybody up. I don’t want to generalize but at least in my area there are many unhoused people who have mental issues that cause them to act in very unexpected ways.

I think the best help happens through organizations. Charities and public programs are equipped to provide the holistic support people need. Reach out to an organization in your community and see what’s the best way to help, in a safe environment.

8 Likes

Thanks, I feel better

6 Likes

Barbara,
Of course you’re not a bad person, you’re action was actually very wise. As @Francisco said being a woman and alone makes some see you as a target; unfortunately there are a lot of people that would rather cause harm or manipulate others instead of taking responsibility for their situation and seeking help. Never doubt your kind and generous soul. :grin::hugs:

6 Likes

Thanks, I needed that. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I completely agree with Francisco and Tamera- you are most definitely not a bad person, @Garnet! :hugs: It sounds like that man was quite suspicious. You are very smart for trusting your instincts that told you to walk away. Not only was it the smart and safe thing to do, it was something you had every right to do!

You also declined politely and there is the fact that you felt guilty about what happened (despite being absolutely in the right and doing the smart thing)- all the information leads me to believe that you truly have a heart of gold! :orange_heart:

Rest assured you made the right choice. Good for you!

7 Likes

You’re a good person who listens to her instincts. You never know, he could be a serial killer or something. I’m glad you are safe!

7 Likes

Greetings, I do agree that you did the right thing by following your instincts and trusting your gut. I’m not sure I would give anyone a ride, regardless of their living arrangements with the current environment we live in and without knowing the full interaction of the situation you had with this person. Something must have set off alarms for concern for you to say no besides the fact they were a “street person” and at least you told them no rather than walking by with no eye contact and pretending they did not exist. Sadly this is the world we live in these days. Blessed be.

7 Likes

Reassurance is like a blessing.
Once given it yours forever.
Thank you

4 Likes

Thanks Kasie

4 Likes

I didn’t even have to read your question to be able to answer with a resounding NO

4 Likes

Ok no that is not at all awful of you. Remember you do not owe anything to anyone. No matter who they are. I think maybe you feel bad because they were homeless and perhaps you feel like you might’ve been stereotyping? But that isn’t for you to feel guilty about~they are in charge of their own destiny. You must trust your intuition always and if for whatever reasons something didn’t sit right with you and you did the right thing.
It’s easy to feel bad when you’re a good person. :black_heart:

4 Likes

thank you. :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You’re welcome love!

2 Likes