An early birthday present

I got this from a friend who is very dear to me. It is a huge gift, I was so touched by it.
It feels very powerful :pray:t2: And I didn’t want to share it immediately. At first I just kept it to my heart. Now I am using it every day to draw a circle and invoke the elements, now the beasties as wel :smile:

13 Likes

How lovely! What’s that on the hilt? I can tell it’s carved but not what.

8 Likes

There is a god crafted on the athame itself the sheath has a goddess

8 Likes

That is sooooo cool!! I’ve never seen one like that before. What a wonderful gift to get too. Congratulations :smiley: :heart:
:butterfly:

8 Likes

That’s so beautiful @martje What an amazing gift! You are truly blessed :triquetra: :magic_wand: :heart:

8 Likes

Yes I am :smile::heart:

7 Likes

Thank you !

7 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing it!

6 Likes

Oh wow, it’s really nice & I hope it serves your highest good. I haven’t seen one quite like that one, I love seeing what everyone has for their own practices. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

How lovely! What a treasure!

7 Likes

Wow, look at that beauty! :heart_eyes: Congrats on your lovely athame, @martje- your friend gave you a very noble gift! :dagger: :sparkles:

The Athame and Ritual Knife Guide has a short blessing prayer you may be interested in:

“With the Elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth,
I consecrate this, my athame, to the Goddess and the God.
For the good of all, and according to my will. So mote it be.”

The guide also has tips as well as consecrating a new knife before use, if those are things you are interested in! :blush:

May your beautiful new tool serve you well and be a believed companion in your Craft!

Many blessings :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you! There is some new information for me! :smile:
I have cleansed it with water, fire, air and earth( salt) It was the first thing I did. And after that I just held it to my heart. But I am certainly going to use this prayer. :pray:t2:
Every day when I am doing the ritual and cast a circle I feel stronger, and more in connection with goddes, god, myself, and through the last challenge also with the dragon, the witch who turned into a crone, the nimph, and the goblin. The all have messages for me and they make the elements and there functions more alive for me. I am so grateful for you all and that I have found this place :heart::pray:t2: It really makes a difference!

6 Likes

What a gorgeous and thoughtful gift! It’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It sounds like a really powerful cleansing ritual as well as a bonding ceremony too :blush: :heart: And the magickal beings you connected with during the challenges have all found a home within your practice, that’s wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You are really doing amazing, @Martje- may your magick continue to shine brightly and bring you much joy and happiness! :sparkles: Many blessings!

6 Likes

Thank you, you warm my heart :heart:

6 Likes

This is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful piece to place upon your growing collection. :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you indeed it is :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to the Infinite Roots :infinite_roots:forum @Chrnicmadnx :rose:. We have a lot of awesome people here with awesome tools! We look forward to getting to know you too :wink:
Get comfy, have some tea and enjoy the forum :smiley:

Blessed Be :butterfly:

7 Likes

@Martje You are always welcome, Martje- and you spread lots of warmth and love yourself! :heart::blush:

@Chrnicmadnx Merry meet, Tawna! Welcome to the forum :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes