An Inspired Poetry šŸŒŒ

Soo, this poem that I wrote today was after I got inspired in a poetic manner, by some amazingly breath taking pictures of The Auroras, that @Melora_Fae sent me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: from which one I am posting hereā€¦

These pictures caught my breath as I had never seen a real live picture of The Northern Lights!! Yes, as we were talking she told me that at that exact moment this magic :sparkles: was happening outside in the sky above those cold snowy lands :snowflake: ā€¦here goes my not-so-little poem, :joy: I hope you all like it :kissing_heart: ā€¦

ā€˜A Neon Dreamā€™
The room was dark, as she pulled aside
the linen curtains,
The sky was a lit charcoal, with dotted
flames of silver satin!
Just as the chime bells at her window,
rustled softly,
She gazed at the snow laden pines,
glittering so boldly.
When her heart started beating in a wild
rhythm, her mind raced at a lightning
speed for,
what could cause this sudden
enthusiasm?
As she considered a thousand flakes of
thoughts trying to give reason,
She felt her pulse freeze while in the sky,
she witnessed the Magic run!
Neon beams shot across the skies, as a
dance began in The Ball of
shimmering lights!
Gowns of lavender, teal & blue, swished
with their frills in perfect spirals,
As the snow reflected the same hues &
the trees swayed on a song gone so
viral!
The wind howled madly as the song of
The Auroras, was sung in a chorus,
When the girl blinked away a few tears
with her eyes holding magic & her
heart was curious.
A curiousity that was so quickly sated,
For she knew then, that to, whosoever
seeked, The Northern Lights were
bringer of miracles, so fated!
As she gazed upon the night sky till the
lights vanished like a drying stream,
A satisfied smile played on her lips, when
she went to sleep, with the mystery
unraveled of A Neon Dream!

~ Smriti :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Well done. You are so talented. It is really difficult to write a poem which flows and rhymesā€¦ believe me, Iā€™ve tried teaching it to the children in my class.! You have a natural talent with words.

We can sometimes see the aurora here in scotland (when there are no clouds :rofl:. They have an eerie but beautiful and mesmerising appearance).

Thank you for sharing.

7 Likes

Aww thank you soo much @Cosmic_Curiosity! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I believe I learnt my way with words from the magic that is all around us! :sparkling_heart: Thank you again! :hugs:

6 Likes

WOW. Great job! I have a painting of the northern lights but it just doesnā€™t capture the real thing, you know? But your words make me think about them and really wish I could see them! Beautiful!

6 Likes

Thank you dearest @Amethyst! :smiling_face: I too wish I could see them even for once! :innocent: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Wow, you paint with words the way the Aurora paints with light! I am so happy to have inspired such beautiful creativity from you. You really are a gifted poet. :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks love @Melora_Fae :hugs: :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Everything about this is so beautiful- I love how it reads like waves! The way you formatted the poem makes it dance and flow, much like the Northern Lights themselves :milky_way: :heart:

You brought the lights to life so beautifully here, Smriti- this was such a delight to read! Thank you so much for sharing your talents :pray::blush: Will this one find a home in a new and upcoming poetry book of yours? :open_book: :grinning:

Much love and blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Oooh yes! @TheTravelWitch_Bry I was planning on it! Thank you love! :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s so beautiful @Solasta_Amore! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Like liquid magic flowing in the skyā€¦ :relaxed: :milky_way:

Iā€™ve been to the land of the midnight sun, but I havenā€™t been there in the winter, when itā€™s dark all day and dreams mix and blend into reality :relaxed: :sparkles:

My father has, and he tells me that you can actually hear the waves dancing! ā€œPeople say that the auroras donā€™t make any sound, but Iā€™ve heard themā€, he says, and I believe him. Maybe not everyone is able to hear them. Could be something with their hearing, or their hearts. :sparkles:

4 Likes

Oh I loooove this line!!!

Oh my goodness! Hearing the sound of Auroras is definitely a little to do with hearing and everything to do with hearts! :sparkling_heart: :face_holding_back_tears: I bet you would be able to hear the neon waves splashing various hues in the dark sky, when you see them, too! :kissing_heart: :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.