Any reading suggestions on scrying?

Hello there everyone! I am very interested in scrying. Is there anyone who can share their experiences and or wisdom? Also open to opinions as always! Any videos or reads to share on scrying please share!

11 Likes

Ooh, let’s see your mirror when it arrives! :black_heart:

It’ll be funny if we get another situation like @tracyS’s TV where there’s always something. :joy:

9 Likes

For sure I will use the password to open it. And before I snap a picture I will ask it to show itself to us :wink: I will be snapping pics no fash I’m guessing? I need to look up some techniques before I get it

8 Likes

Yep, on-board flash, like that which comes with a phone, is generally a no-no for good photography. And in this case, it’s likely to just add too much contrast to the resulting photo. So you’ll be more likely to lose subtle differences in highlights and shadows. And you’ll want those subtle differences to spot things.

7 Likes

Hi @Devenne,

Woohoo! Congrats on jumping into scrying- I hope you will have a lot of fun! :crystal_ball: :blush:

There’s an introductory guide to scrying with some advice about methods and how to get started it that you might find interesting! Here it is:

There was also a scrying challenge not too long ago- you might browse through the entries shared by the Coven to read about various experiences and methods of scrying for ideas. Linking it here:

→ Weekly Witchy Challenge: Scrying :mirror:

Wishing you all the best- blessed scrying! :mirror::sparkles:

10 Likes

@BryWisteria thankyou for this information my lovely friend. :rose: I will definitely look through the scrying challenge :grimacing::wink:

9 Likes

I always had difficulty scrying. Instead of releasing focus, I used visualising techniques.

Well, I suppose I ought to start by saying that I always considered the tool as having a life and personality of its own. That in mind, I would request it to work with me.

I’d imagine a rainbow from my heart to the tool, and I’d cross that rainbow like a bridge. At the surface of the tool, I would stop to tell the personality my intentions (eg. learning to scry) and ask the awareness within if it would be my teacher and helper. If the answer were yes, there would be a doorway and the rainbow would continue to the heart of the tool. From there, I would have a conversation with the personality I found on what I knew about the subject and let the personality express itself. Since every personality has an individual set of interests or specialties, I would then use the tool based on whatever specialties I felt in common. I’m not sure how well it worked as scrying, but the consecration connections were fantastic!

9 Likes

It’s my pleasure, Devenne! :blush: :heart:

Good luck and have fun with your scrying! :mirror::sparkles:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Why does it feel like there’s something on the left side. :thinking:

7 Likes

What do you feel. Unfiltered.

6 Likes

I hadn’t said the password yet. I was getting ready to take a few things in there so when it comes time to go in there it’s all ready. I want to cast my circle. I thought about putting a cir le of black salt around the mirror? Before I open it. I’m trying to decide my intention right this moment help. Lol

7 Likes

I don’t know, honestly. It’s strange and new seeing a mirror like this. It’s just like… Something passively there. Perhaps watching over you?

The eternal dilemma. :laughing: Is it better to have broad/open or specific questions with a scrying mirror?

6 Likes

I’d like to talk with Lucifer. I don’t know what I want to ask to be shown. I obviously want to know of his knowledge. I just don’t want to waste his time. So to speak.

7 Likes

Not sure if this helps, but when I do tarot readings with Lucifer, they tend to be about claiming personal power through organising, making change, recognising limits, discarding things, recognising what needs constant work, and determining what fulfillment looks like. :thinking:

7 Likes