Apps for the Moon

Folks here are probably already aware of this, but just in case…

I have two apps which tell me about the Moon’s phase, rising and setting. One is One
Weather, but my favorite is called Moon Phase Calendar. Not only does it give phase and rise/set info it also tells you what astrological sign the Moon is in and you can view this in calendar mode. But best of all, it has a compass feature which lets you orient the phone to North and it will show you where the Moon is!

And it’s free.

13 Likes

I use an app called Phases of the Moon. I like that I can also use it as a widget on my homescreen which shows the current Moon Phase :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you, @anon87969570 and @IrisW. I love trying out new apps and services. Today I was going through my moongiant email reminder and I thought we are blessed to live in a time like this with this many tools and this much information related to the craft.

If you are interested in more apps, we ahve a thread here. Good Witchy apps

9 Likes

Thanks for these tips! I love the app Co-Star, as well as Daff Moon. Daff moon shows the exact coordinates of the sun and moon, as well as the times of the rising, setting etc plus several other planets. It’s the best thing!!!

7 Likes

I prefer to use an app called Luna Solaria for my phases of the moon. Coordinates and times of rise and set for both the sun and the moon. It also shows the astrological signs and the positions of the planets… I did have to pay a small fee to unlock all of the controls so be advised.

Also I love this app called Wicca Plus (iPhone) because it’s pretty basic however you can modify the app to suit your practical needs. For instance after I’d get my gems and crystals I’d take a picture of them with their name and useful information about each crystal and store them within the app. That way if I ever came across one I forgot the name of and use of I can just look for it in my folder on the Wicca Plus app. This works for any type of section you wish to create. It’s a customizable Book of Shadows app for anyone who uses it. That’s pretty neat I thought.

6 Likes

I also use Sky Map which gives uou a 3D interactive map of the sky.

7 Likes

Yes, I love Co Star!

6 Likes

I have this one, too! It’s probably my favorite one!

7 Likes

Downloaded Moon Fase Calendar last night and I love it!

5 Likes

Woohoo! I’m so glad I could recommend something you like!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! :full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes