April 2022 ⭐ Collective Reading Check-In

I don’t know about you, but I sure have been through a lot in the month of March. Even in my personal yearly reading, March has just been a lion :lion: the entire time. It’s hard to believe that it’s just about over, though, and with that comes our April check in. Let’s look back at how March has played out, then look to the future of what April has to bring. We are looking back at our collective reading → Peering into 2022 :flower_playing_cards: Collective Tarot Reading to see if anything new has come up for April!

Let’s look back at the card I pulled for March to see if it was relevant.

March 2022: Knight of Wands Reversed :wand_tarot:

This knight is also ready for whatever is thrown at him. He is dressed in battle gear, holds his staff, and his horse is rearing up. The entire card is full of energy, yet when it is reversed, that energy is going absolutely nowhere. The Knight of Wands points to a period of restlessness and impatience. There will be things going on that are out of our control and that makes everyone angry. The energy of this month may be volatile and our self-control will take a nosedive. Be cautious with your words and your actions.

The three extra cards I pulled for March were The Nine of Swords Reversed, The Ace of Cups Reversed, and The King of Cups Reversed. For me and my life, I know this has been an accurate reading. With all signs pointing to emotional battles and struggle, it has definitely been a month of mental hardship. I am reminded of my own battle gear, sort of like the Knight of Wands, and how I have been restless and almost impulsive this month because of some challenges I have faced.

On a grander scale, there is still a lot going on in the world. Many people are in crisis, many countries face terrible situations, and many people on a smaller scale are having to make big decisions that will impact them for the rest of their lives. I am crossing my fingers so, so much that April will be better.

How do you feel about March? Did it play out for you like the reading or did you have a different experience?

:cloud_with_rain: This month, we are looking at the month of April!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of April has us looking at the Page of Wands Reversed.

April 2022: Page of Wands Reversed :wand_tarot:

As the messenger of the Wands, the Page is decked out in their finest robes. However, upon closer inspection, they also wear a suit of armor under their silks. As the page looks into the distance, so too does the peacock that sits on his shoulder. The reversed position of this card indicates that the impatience from March will follow us into April. However, it appears that we’ve given up. Laziness and apathy are two words that follow this card around when it’s reversed. It appears that whatever is going on that is out of our control will take its toll on us, causing us to be bored and apathetic.

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on April. This month, I decided to pull from my Somnia Tarot deck. As a note, I do not read this deck with reversals anymore because it no longer feels right.

:wand_tarot: The Two of Wands sees a figure looking out a stone circle into the distance. There is a celestial body in the sky in the background, though it is unclear if it is the sun or moon. As the figure holds a lit candle in their hand, a candle is also lit in a sconce on the wall behind them. This card beckons us to plan for the future, whatever that future may hold. I take this card as saying, we already know that things will be rough, that some things are out of our control, but we can still plan for what we can control.

:cup_tarot: The Six of Cups sees two figures filling buckets and helping one another. This card calls for us to be generous, but there’s another underlying message. When need to take time to remember the happy moments, to reach back into our lives when things were good to remember where we’re going in the future. If the Page of Wands Reversed is any messenger, then this card tells us that to fight the apathy and boredom, we have to remember the things and people that we love.

:ladder: Judgement calls to us from the bottom of a ladder, shrouded in a white cloth. This is a good reminder that whatever choices we do (or don’t) make right now will have life-long consequences. If you decide to stew in your unhappy memories and let apathy control you, how will that affect you 10 years from now? What if, instead of throwing up your hands and giving up, you instead choose to fight with kindness and action, remembering that you aren’t the only person struggling? Judgement will come for everyone one day in one form or another. What consequences will you bring upon yourself in the future based on your actions in the present?

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Nine of Pentacles

• success, abundance, and reaping the benefits of our hard work

:star: Goals of 2022: The Knight of Swords Reversed

• impatience, rudeness, and an overall aggressive manner in endeavors
  • fighting for what we believe in

:star: Obstacles of 2022: The Nine of Swords

• collective trauma, guilt, and shame
  • hiding away and regretting our decisions

Putting it together…

It seems most of us have gotten the message for April loud and clear. We are being warned of apathy, boredom, and a general disinterest in everything around us. With this warning, we are better equipped to plan for those times when we feel less than good. A friend of mine has recently said they are putting together a list of happy memories (and I find it fitting, honestly – you know who you are) to help them in a time of need. Maybe we should all be putting together a memory book to help us focus on the good times when all our mind wants to do is see the bad?

In any case, this is always a good reminder that our actions, or lack of action, has consequences for ourselves in our personal lives. It also has the potential to affect our families, friends, and others around the world. How will you approach your apathy and boredom?

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think April is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I used to have a blog post all about it but when my website crashed I lost everything. I’m still in the process of brining all my posts back.

11 Likes

As you know from my Freebie Friday readings, @MeganB, your March reading was dead-on accurate for me. I like the three extra cards you pulled for April and love the idea of keeping a happy memories journal. As for the card of the year, goals, and obstacles, I am seeing them differently than I did in January. This year has been about letting go of attachments to outcomes, surrendering, and allowing for me. That doesn’t mean not fighting for what I believe in; it means trusting in the Universe and knowing that It has my back. Success, abundance, and prosperity are built right in with the nine of pentacles, and I need to let go of trying to control the outcomes, forcing things that are not in my control, and allowing the good that the Universe has in store me.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s been pretty irritatingly accurate for me, too :laughing: I like that your perspective has adjusted as the year moves on in regard to the card of the year, goals, and obstacles. I am inclined to agree with you in regard to the goals. Fighting for what we believe in might end up being abandoned for trusting what’s going on in the Universe, deities, etc.

I guess only time will tell!

8 Likes

Thank you @MeganB for everything you do! I have been listening to your Podcast and love it. You are a blessing!

5 Likes

Aww thank you so much, Ostara :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: That means a lot to me!

5 Likes

Hi Meghan, thank you for the monthly read. I feel there is a general malaise and dissatisfaction with life in general. My sister and I were just talking about this; she trains lawyers and no one is showing up for trainings. It’s like everyone is fed up. I think we all know we have a lot to be grateful for but some things are really upsetting, like the war in Ukraine, this blasted Covid that keeps coming back in new forms, food and gas prices, global warming, etc. I mean, nuclear threats? I thought that went out with the 80s! March was a bitter pill for me to swallow, too, personally, although I remain hopeful that the outcome just means that something better will come down the road. But yes, we all have our personal Putins, and sometimes I wonder why people have to be so wretched when it is just as easy and so much more fun to just be kind.

How to respond to all of this bleah! and not give up entirely? I don’t mean we have to be inauthentic with emotions but there seems to be some value in at least going through the motions. I think it’s legitimate to check out from the world and be angry or sad. That’s been my week, for sure. But I also pushed myself to make the herbal tea, do some exercise, eat a vegetable, wash my hair, declutter a closet and these little things help me feel a little better everyday, even though I feel like I am walking through water to do them. Annoyingly, this forced regimen of self-care works for me :slight_smile: LOL sometimes I think I would much rather remain justifiably grouchy and mad at the world but the flowers are blooming and there is that spring message that maybe things will work out in the end. So, yes, April. I am almost afraid of what will happen next but if I can’t fix the big stuff, at least I can go for a walk.

5 Likes

These readings are always appreciated- and I think I really needed to hear this line in particular:

Oof. That just hits home for me right now. There is a lot going on out of my control at the moment and it can easily lead to spinning wheels and that apathetic feeling the cards are warning about.

Just gotta focus on the good things and put energy towards the things I can control :muscle:

Thank you so much, @MeganB! :heart:

5 Likes

I love this so, so much that I’m going to make a poster and put it on my wall :laughing: this is 100% true and I love that you shared this. And you’re right! Sometimes the big scary things in the world can seem so overwhelming. If we stop taking care of ourselves and just choose to be, as you put it, justifiably grouchy and mad at the world, then we’re missing out on so much goodness in the small things that help us keep our perspective.

Whatever comes, I hope April is good to you :pray:t3:

Same for me, too! Sometimes the words just flow right out of my fingers and when I proofread my post I get smacked in the face :woman_facepalming:t3: with my own words!

Focus on the good things! That’s a good motto to have right now :heart:

5 Likes

I love this and needed the reminder, your Friday readings were so accurate for me. I am generally my biggest roadblock. I needed to see this today.

As always thanks Megan.

5 Likes

Of course :pray:t3: happy to help! And I’m glad to hear that my readings have always resonated with you :blush:

3 Likes

I actually have this goofy, oh the memories attached to these songs playlist that is absolutely everywhere. Like from the Andrews Sisters to Carly Rae Jepsen & all kinds of in-between. Then I have others that my daughter & I play on the way to school with her best friend. Then I have a playlist of songs that just generally make me giggle or smile or feel good.

I would have to say that the March reading was the same for me as well. I made it to the end though! So I’ll take the small victories as they come. :smiling_face:

I just have this general feeling of I’m there, meaning wherever I was supposed to go on my journey, I made it. So at least for the New Moon, I am going to refresh my altar & just have a nice relaxing night.

3 Likes

Three cheers to making it to the end :partying_face: :tada: It seems like that’s the most to celebrate right now lol I’m going to be doing a New Moon/New Month reading for myself tomorrow since it’s the new month but also the Aries new moon. I’m curious to see how that’s going to play out.

4 Likes

This has been completely correct and I’m struggling lately with the motivation to find my happiness in the present, grieving 24/7. I am trying to go into April with a much better mindset than I have for a while. I’m trying to get that motivation to climb out of this depression from grieving losing my child’s father and moving forward in my life for our future. It’s been hard, but this is correct and definitely what I needed to reassure me how I’m feeling and what I’m wanting to do, is just right. Thank you!!!

4 Likes

I think I may use my Celtic Tarot tomorrow to do a reading for myself tomorrow… stealing your idea :smiling_imp: :rofl: I haven’t used any of my cards for reading in a while, just one card draws really that have been making a lot of sense.

2 Likes

@Janae_Rochele I’m so sorry for your loss :people_hugging: I can’t imagine what that must feel like. Just know that wherever you are in the world, you most definitely are not alone :heart

@Siofra_Strega Yes, do it!

3 Likes