April Full Moon 🌸 Pink Supermoon

April’s full moon will be on April 8th, and it is considered a supermoon. But what’s a supermoon? That just means that the moon will be closer to Earth on this night, so it will appear bigger in the sky. According to the app that I have - My Moon Phase on Android - the moon will be 226,541 miles away from Earth. On average, the moon is 238,855 miles away from Earth (1). That’s not entirely relevant to witchcraft, but I just think it’s interesting anyway.

Full Pink Moon

Like most full moon names, April’s full moon corresponds with something in nature that takes place around the same time. You shouldn’t expect the moon to be pink, though, even though that would be cool. According to the Old Farmers Almanac, the full moon in April corresponds with the blooming of Phlox subulata—commonly called creeping phlox or moss phlox—which also went by the name “moss pink" (2). Hence the name Pink Moon!

Full Moon in Libra

Astrology.com tells us that this full moon will be moving through Libra (3). Since full moons typically highlight areas in our lives - and as a society - that need to be balanced and integrated. Libra prizes fairness and equality and, under this full moon, we may be especially sensitive to where these ideas are lacking.

Whatever dilemmas we’re facing at this full moon, we’ll want to consider every possible angle before taking action. After all, decision-making is hard enough for Libra. But with this moon quincunx Neptune in Pisces, it’s even easier to confuse other people’s concerns and preferences with our own… and harder to resist the pull toward people-pleasing. (3)

The full moon, in general, is good for many different types of magick, but I like to incorporate the signs and astrological energy into my full moon spells. This full moon would be a wonderful time to work some magick for equity, equality, justice, and fairness. This could be equality in your home, justice for yourself or others, or fairness in the way you or others are treated. If you need some inspiration, you can look at the spell below for a Return to Sender spell.

How will this full moon affect you?

I really like astrology.com for this because they have a breakdown of each sign and how the energy from this full moon might affect you based on your sun sign. I’m a Scorpio sun, so mine says this…

It may seem like business as usual, Scorpio, but what’s really going on? This full moon reveals the hidden dynamics playing out behind the scenes. Subconscious fears, hopes, and fantasies are coming to the surface now—just be careful not to go too far down the rabbit hole. (3)

Which, this makes a lot of sense for me based on what I’m currently feeling. The energy of the full moon can be felt for several days before and after, and I hope that this Libra full moon starts to reveal things in our society with the current state of affairs. One of the values that are encompassed during this time is selflessness. While some of us could stand to be a little more selfish, it is especially important right now - and verified by this full moon - that we will need to take a moment and realize that the actions we take today will not only affect us but those around us.

My full moon plans

With almost everyone home during this time, I will attempt to take time to practice a small ritual, do a small spell, and probably do some kitchen witchcraft and baking. I’ll have to wait and see, though. I normally have to play it by ear anyway.

Do you have any plans for this Full Pink Supermoon?

(1) How Far Away Is the Moon? | NASA Space Place – NASA Science for Kids

(2) Pink Moon: Full Moon in April 2024 | The Old Farmer's Almanac

(3) The Super Full Libra Moon Gives Us a Glimpse Into the Future | Astrology.com

3 Likes

Ohhhh Thats right! Thanks for reminding me, I need to make sure I am out and try to take some good pics.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I took the time to connect in my own way with Nature and designed these pages with invocations for each element:

They are available for download in PDF here! Blessed be! :pray:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! If I don’t remind myself, I swear I would forget, too lol

1 Like

Thank you got em!!! I try to keep up… so much on this site!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cant wait to celebrate the Super Moon/Pink Moon tonight! I went to the astrology.com to see what it says about my sign.

My sun sign is Virgo “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” Virgo, this quote from Oscar Wilde would make a fabulous full-moon mantra for you! This lunation challenges you to balance your need for harmony and order with your desire to live on the edge. Believe it or not, there’s a way to make it work." After reading it im still a little confused on what this means. I feel stupid but can someone help elaborate on this message a bit more?

My moon sign is Scorpio “It may seem like business as usual, Scorpio, but what’s really going on? This full moon reveals the hidden dynamics playing out behind the scenes. Subconscious fears, hopes, and fantasies are coming to the surface now—just be careful not to go too far down the rabbit hole.”

If someone can help elaborate on these two messages separate and combined id appreciate it ! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I personally prefer the horoscopes in Astro.com. I feel they include a lot more personalized information regarding transits and planetary influences.

Having said that, I love that quote from Oscar Wilde! I think it means not to restrain or limit yourself.

Let your “moderation” rest tonight, so “immoderation” can take over. Maybe do something daring or challenging (that is up to you). But I think the main message is to let go and don’t be too harsh on yourself.

And the part about going down the rabbit hole… :rabbit2: To me it sounds like not overthinking or getting too involved with thoughts, emotions, fears, etc.

1 Like

I put this list together of things you can do during a full moon. the energy was amazing last night! :full_moon:

2 Likes

By the way I LOVE these.

3 Likes

Past April Full Moon