Arthritis & CO, know your onions!

With these friends who needs enemies?
I just read an article that there are some healthy foods that trigger sensitivity to this and other similar conditions, such as: tomatoes or citrus fruits, to name a few.
It goes saying that moving to gluten free vegan diet would improve condition, as vegetarian diet along with fasting.
Reducing red meat consumption or smoked meat helps.
Reducing junk food and sugary snacks or drinks.
Veganism or vegetarianism is not my cup of tea. As a Taurus, don’t come “huffing and puffing” telling me what or whatnot to eat.
I think I now my body better as I am human after all… There are many days I have the power to make changes, but some days I rather throw caution to the wind and enjoy a tasty ice-cream.

6 Likes

I have my days that I like to clean my system from all the bad habits when eating. In those days is the only ones I’m vegetarian, fasting is also another good choice you point out; specially for rituals.
After those days, Fire House, McDonald’s singing: California here I come! :musical_note::notes:

5 Likes

We are only humans…!
Life is mor fun when we behave badly.
I keep saying: I know I am doomed, so at least let my go out with a bang, that is a full belly​:joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I totally agree with you! :rofl:

4 Likes

We are 2 birds of a feather now!
I believe we cause more harm to our bodies feeling miserables than stumble on the occasional stepping stone along the path.
I have my night cravings when I can not sleep and get an overdose of movies, but next day I am as happy as daisy eating steamed vegetables only🤭

4 Likes

Oh, dear, I’m afraid that if I became a vegan, I’d bite the 1st cow I passed and get trampled. I don’t eat much red meat but like foul and pork.

3 Likes

@Garnet
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: that’s the spirit!.:+1:

3 Likes

I just don’t eat meat because I don’t like it. I hate when it gets stuck in my teeth! But I do love a good steak and potatoes! I can cook my a$$ off to please the next person! Geeze, I wish could have a get together at my place…dinner and drinks on me!!! :cut_of_meat::beers:

5 Likes

I’m sure you would make an excellent host.
Roast oven potatoes or proper homemade fries and juicy steak straight out the pan with a side salad and a bottle of read wine. Anytime, anywhere, anyplace!
Years ago I went for a meal with a girl friend. We were so into conversation that forgot about our food. There was nothing wrong, but conversation was more enjoyable. The waiter kept coming asking if everything thing was OK. Of course it was, otherwise he would be the first to know. In fact, there was something not ok, him, interrupting my conversation.
I have found on occasion that “picking up your scort’s brain”, is far more thrilling than
your favourite dish. Words are more than just that, well chosen, feed our souls.
We just need to take the time, make an effort, and then, if all was according to plan, magic happens.
We should have to feel never too old or too tired or too frustrated to play the game.
Nowadays we favour clean cuts to other parts of the animal. It’s quick and convenient, but nothing beats humble cuts slow cooked overnight. Allow time to work, the dish will mature and will reward you with the most wonderful flavours.
Meat will melt in your mouth. No need for sharp knives or disappointment because the steak has gone cold quickly.
I love the moments in Dexter, when all they eat is a juicy hot steak out the pan and a cold beer.
Such caveman!

3 Likes

I love how you worded everything so nicely! I do believe that the longer you cook the meat, the better it is! Falls right off the bone! Tenderizing is a favorite of mine too!!

3 Likes

@christina4
Exactly my point. Good deeds come to those that wait. I’m just a debutant. When basic needs are covered we are inclined to be more playful. In this case, words.
As I begin to feel more comfortable in my own skin and more confident speaking English, I look for new ingredients to enrich my vocabulary. It reminds me this wildlife short clips on Facebook. Animal charities and wild life resorts strapped for cash enticing us to part with hard earned cash.
They show big cats playing like kittens with humans or different species.
They have they basic needs met and can afford to get playful.
Our behaviour is very similar and mine is not exception.
Love food and talk about food. And sometimes I forget that I have been blessed with other senses, such as smell.
No need for talking then, just allow the mind to work, meditate while eating.
Slow down serves a double purpose: satisfy my stomach and feel my soul to the rim with happiness.:taurus:

2 Likes

I eat fairly healthy but I don’t pay much attention to health advice. It changes all the time. Eat healthy, exercise, die anyway. When that changes, I’ll listen.

4 Likes

You are right, love beef, but hate flossing. :tooth:

3 Likes

@Garnet
Don’t we all?:rofl:

3 Likes