Asking for good vibes please

Not on marriage in general, just mine :joy:

11 Likes

LOL! Still, that is a very nice pic of it!

11 Likes

We found my hubby’s first wife’s wedding dress when we were clearing out the loft at his old home. She’d told him it was off the rack, clearly not as it had hand stitched beads all over it and no label it must have cost thousands.

She’d already she confirmed she didn’t want it so my sister in law found a charity that makes gowns for babies that are born asleep and we donated it.

12 Likes

That a clever way of banishing negative energy…

10 Likes

Oh that is so sweet… I would have kept mine since i am still married but i never had a wedding dress and was dressed in a rental by my in-laws and in aqua too… I begged them to let me wear white but they disagreed as they considered white for virgins… A few years later my sister in law dressed her daughter in law in white when she wasn’t a virgin (i didn’t mind but i was upset they were hypocrites and ruined my chance). It broke my heart and still does to this day… I was 18 we got married in a local mosque and no one bothered to at least make me look decent i was so young and confused and showed up in causal clothes when my in-laws knew better than to allow me to dress as i did in such tight clothing and in a mosque too (I was knew to the religion and didn’t know much)… A month later they invited a few women to come over our place, dressed me in the aqua dress and made it like a party… On top of that they slept over our house and humiliated me asking how my night was… All in all i am so glad they are out of our life and my husband now can see clearly that they were not healthy for us…

10 Likes

I believe we deserve to be treated well regardless of sexual status. I see nothing that makes you an exception to that rule.

11 Likes

I got to jump in this conversation with a story, although it’s my daughters prom dresses…So, both my daughters graduated 2020 (in the thick of the disaster that is still haunting our world) we had bought their dresses months in advance and they were so excited for the prom. I home schooled both of them so to get to experience this was just amazing, it was a fear of mine in their junior high years if they would miss out on prom. Their prom was cancelled as was their graduation.
A few months ago, they had cleaned out their closet of old clothes, and asked what they should do with them. I told them they could hang on to them and we could have them altered into more of a party style dress and not so much prom like…OR we could trash them out just let them destroy them with paint, markers, scissors, etc. Really just have some fun releasing the negative emotions they are just reminding them of. SO that’s our plans and then they are going to put them on for pictures at the beach.

12 Likes

On the subject of of burning wedding dresses or other dresses, I think it is fine to do that as a way to cut the cord so to speak between you and unpleasant memories or a past that is holding you back. That said, understand that there is a difference between cutting the cord and acting out your anger. You cannot let go and move on if you are constantly re-activating the memories and feelings that are tied to what you are trying to leave behind.

10 Likes

Beautiful divorce release spell @Peaches I wish I had had an actual wedding to have worn a wedding dress to kinda but after month of moving from place to place and not having a house to store precious items like that I no longer even have the cute little suit that I wore to our wedding ceremony :confused: oh well maybe I’ll do something where I toss my ring off a bridge or something :rofl: love and light to both you and your furbaby. I’ll light a candle and add you to my prayers this morning

9 Likes

I absolutely agree, for me it was the perfect way to finally let go of it all. There was no anger involved, only “I release myself from the emotions and memories that hold me down so that I move forward with peace in my heart” And now here I am and it’s great :peace_symbol: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you :revolving_hearts:
The ortho appt is next Tuesday and
she’s actually doing a bit better, hardly limping now… I’m sticking with the feeling that all be be okay with her

10 Likes

Thanks for the update! I have been thinking of you both!

9 Likes

Hi all! So update… ss it turns out, Zoey has torn acl in both of her knees, apparently a common issue with bully breeds. She’ll require surgery for both legs but her left one is more urgent. It’s a $4000+ surgery but she’s my angel and worth it :yellow_heart: I was so overwhelmed with the info from the doctor that the thought of how to pay for it didn’t cross my mind. But my awesome daughter set up a gofundme on Zoey’s behalf
Continued thoughts and prayers for her will be greatly appreciated :pray: :two_hearts:

13 Likes

@Peaches i hope she does well with her surgery.

11 Likes

Such a sad but great thing to hear. How I wish our beloved pets could be in our insurance.

11 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the surgery. :pensive: IDK why but your pet was in the September Circle but not the October one. I fixed that with the updated information. Wishing your pet a speedy recovery and for you to find the funds that you need.

10 Likes

I’ll add Zoey and you to my prayers this morning @Peaches

@praecog29 if you could update the circle with a request for good vibes for me as I am starting my new job this morning I’d be extremely grateful. :pray:

10 Likes

Blessings to Zoey, and I hope her surgeries go well!

9 Likes

Thank you, I do have insurance for her but it’s not like people insurance, gotta pay up front then get reimbursed :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Thank you @praecog29 :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes