Astrological Highlights for the Week Ahead
After a slow and uneventful week last week, this week brings with it a BIG gear change Be prepared for several blasts of energy, as the celestials experience no less than 5 major transits across the next 7 days!
Mars Enters Sagittarius 13th December 2021 4:53AM (EST) 13th December 2021 9:53AM (GMT)
Mars leaves paranoid and moody Scorpio for its tour of adventurous Sagittarius on the 13th December. Here’s a few things to bear in mind for this transit:
- In Sagittarius, Mars is motivated by ideals. We can feel restless and confined during this transit and bothered by routine.
- We may have lots of energy to direct at projects and challenges - but be weary of setting your sights too high as we may abandon projects quickly if we run out of steam!
- Mars in an Air sign brings movement, travel, and social connectivity. We will more feel spontaneous, curious, and extroverted. It’s an excellent time for strategising and devising useful tactics to achieve our desires and goals since Mars shapes our drive and ambition.
Pace yourself during this transit!
Mercury Enters Capricorn 13th December 2021 12:52PM (EST) 13th December 2021 5:52PM (GMT)
Mercury is leaving bold Sagittarius and moving into stable, friendly Capricorn this week, bringing with it a much needed filter on personal communications! Things to expect during this phase are:
- In Capricorn, Mercury is methodical and our focus is sober and practical. We are better able to concentrate, and our conversations turn from dreamy and valorous (in Sagittarius) to realistic and sensible.
- It would be wise to remember that it’s ok to dream, during this phase! Also, be weary of those negative influences of Capricorn that may lead us to come across as cold and pessimistic.
- This is an excellent time to brainstorm collectively. Make plans with friends, family and co-workers now
A great time to make some serious plans!
Full Moon in Gemini 18th December 2021 11:35PM (EST) 19th December 2021 4:35AM (GMT)
GEMINI - Air / Mutable
RULING PLANET - Mercury
3rd HOUSE - The Mind, Thinking, Communication, Siblings, Interests, Social
COLOURS - Yellow, Red, Green
CRYSTALS - Moonstone, Clear Quartz, Tigers Eye
Message: Talk it out!
Travel and communication seem to be key themes this week and these are further enhanced by the Full Moon in Gemini, bringing them sharper into focus
The Full Moon in Gemini is chatty, with an urgent need to know everything. Gossip can be rife around this time, as we struggle with the overwhelming desire to simply TALK Full Moon in Gemini generally gets a bad rap, largely due to the more negative aspects of Gemini’s nature, which include impulsiveness, unreliability, and nosiness.
There are many positives to the Twin sign, however! Gemini is outgoing, intelligent and FUN They love witty banter and socialising with loved ones.
Gemini Full Moon Activities:
- Words, words, words! Gemini loves all things words! Reading, learning, writing, teaching, debating, talking, talking, talking! This sign is stimulating and inspiring Use this time to read a book or learn a new topic. Have a long conversation with a loved one or write a letter
- Party Gemini’s live to entertain! And, when on this side of the twins, exude positivity and good vibes. This is a great time for a gathering with your loved ones!
- Travel - staying on theme this week, this placement is an excellent one for travel and discussing travel plans.
- Full Moon are known to be great for releasing. Why not embrace this phase by planning a release ritual with a Gemini flavour?? Use this spells8 meditation to draw on what you want to release, and speak it out loud to the universe! Scream it, why not?
Venus Retrograde in Capricorn 19th December 2021 5:36AM (EST) 19th December 2021 10:36AM (GMT)
Its that time again! Get prepared for the possibility of the dreaded return of past loves, as Venus goes retrograde 19th December 2021!
Yes, there are more than a few potential negative side effects of Venus retrograde - issues with self love, old arguments with loved ones recurring and money issues to name a few - but there are a few positive side effects to be gained, if only we seek them out Lets start with the negatives and end on the positives…
Possible negative side effects of Venus Retrograde:
- During this phase, we have the potential for self-sabotage in love relationships There may be an underlying feeling of not being “good enough”, attractive enough, or loveable enough… Which can lead us to making bad choices such as…
- Affairs. Think before you act. You may be inclined to act impulsively during this time. It is often said that a Venus Retrograde is like a Mars Direct - sexual aggression is a strong factor at this time.
- Venus retrograde has a nasty habit of bringing toxic ex’s and old friends back into our life’s. Be wary of who is sending you messages around this time. If you have cut cords with people they may attempt a reunion as Venus reminds us of past loves. Remember, you cut these people out of your life for a reason.
- Money is very much in dear Venus’s remit, so please be cautious with your spending during this time! Unhelpfully, this transit coincides with Christmas, when many of us will be spending more money than usual anyway. Curb impulse buys. Now is not the time to overspend - do not be tempted by unnecessary loans or credit cards.
Possible positive side effects of Venus Retrograde:
- Couples can bond by aligning around a long-term vision during the retrograde - this is aided by Capricorns organised in mindset. Remember, Mercury is in Capricorn too! Use this time for positive communication, brainstorming and planning with your loved ones Combine that adventurous energy we’re getting from Mars in Sagittarius, and that big air energy we’re getting from the Full Moon in sociable Gemini, and you have the perfect recipe for planning family trips and long term big moves in your relationships!
- Well timed and managed shadow work on love, self love & money issues could be advantageous at this time. Balance the pros and cons though please! If you feel vulnerable during this transit, it may not be the best moment to go down that route. If you are feeling comfortable, however, you could use this time to meditate on confidence issues, money concerns and issues you have in your love life. See if there is anything you could change and release in order to move forward, lighter, healthier and happier.
- This Venus Retrograde has the benefit of being in the Earthy sign of Capricorn. Capricorn is grounded, stable and secure, adding some much needed balance during this time - advantageous flavourings for this type of transit.
Happily, Venus spends a relatively short amount of time in Retrograde with this one lasting until 29th January 2022. Once this turn is over, we wont experience another Venus Retrograde for 18 months - 23rd July 2023- where she will retrograding in the BIG energy sign of Leo… We can all look forward to that one
Chiron Direct in Aries 19th December 2021 11:32AM (EST) 19th December 2021 4:32PM (GMT)
Time for some much needed relief, as Chiron the “wounded healer” turns Direct in Aries!
Chiron entered Aries on 18th February 2019 and will continue through this passionate sign until 14th April 2027, when it will enter Taurus.
It started its Retrograde journey all the way back in July 2021, and during this time has been asking us to explore deeper into those wounds we unknowingly carry around that affect our lives and relationships.
When Chiron turns Retrograde, it asks us to slow down and reflect. It wants us to gain more knowledge about what has gone into making us the individuals we are, with a big focus on childhood pains.
When Chiron stations Direct, we are being given the opportunity to embrace a new way of approaching our relationships. We are being directed to move forward free of pain We are being asked to find closure on the themes that emerged during Retrograde and are encouraged to release that pain.
It would be a good time to meditate on our wounds and participate in a Burning Ritual, under the sign of Aries.
Lots of contend with this week folks I hope you enjoyed the break last week!
Love & Light to All
These words are my own, any questions please ask