Beautiful sunset

The sky is absolutely gorgeous here this evening after a rain shower…

13 Likes

Very nice, is this considered a crimson sky?

10 Likes

I have no idea. But it caught my eye through my front door and I grabbed my phone quickly to take a picture. Even more stunning in real life.

We’ve got a saying here (not sure whether it’s just here) “Red sky at night, shepherd’s delight. Red sky in the morning, shepherd’s warning.”

10 Likes

Gorgeous picture! Thank you for sharing!!!

10 Likes

Oh it was nowhere near as beautiful all the way up here :heart_eyes: I do love a red sky :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Yes, my mom tells me that all the time. She is from England. Grew up in Houghton and Wyton. My great uncle owned a placed called Three Jolly Butchers. It is still there and I would like to visit at some point.

11 Likes

Beautiful! It looks as though the clouds are on fire!

8 Likes

:flushed: nature is so beautiful :sparkling_heart::heart: thank you for sharing this!!!

10 Likes

I really like the colors. That’s an epic photo, Iris!!

Do you know what’s the warning for?

9 Likes

So gorgeous, thank you for sharing! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I love the fiery sky is so bright!
Blessed be!
Love :two_hearts:

9 Likes

We had the same warning growing up! :star_struck: Just slightly different: “Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.” (I wrote a bit more on this in Methods to Read Nature and Predict the Weather)

I imagine the difference is because my family has always lived by the sea, and originally came from southern England :grin::+1:

Absolutely beautiful sunset! :sunrise_over_mountains: :heart:

8 Likes

Poor weather I’m assuming. I grew up in a farming area but not from a farming family.

8 Likes

@IrisW is right :blush: if the sky is red in the morning it means there’s a higher chance of rain that day :heart:

7 Likes

That’s good to know about the red sky in the morning!

I’m sure it’s more accurate than our local news weatherman :laughing:

6 Likes