Beginner Book Idea!

I really want to join the next reading group and I am honestly so scatter brained with all of the books out there. I’m very very new to the craft and I’m not sure where to truly begin.

Maybe I need to read a book on Wicca. I’m into chakra healing, crystals, manifesting, meditation, and so much more as I learn each day on here. BUT - I know there’s lists out here of books. So I just wanted a recommendation of where anyone thinks I should begin with a great book where I’ll have more of an overall understanding if I must say.

Best Wiccan book ideas would be probably be best for me to start with. But honestly, I’m open to any chakra healing, crystal books, etc.

Thank you. If I need to be redirected to a different forum category, I’m sorry haha. I’m learning still​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart: and figured opinions would be amazing. :heart:

7 Likes

You’re in the right place- the Recommendations category is a great place to seek recommendations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The first list that comes to mind is this Best Books for Wiccans List- especially, the section Best Books for Beginner Wiccans

Best-Books-for-Wiccans-360x240

The books featured there are some of the “classics” in magick that are best geared towards beginners. They are referenced quite a lot, so they are great foundational reading materials! :books:

For a vast collection of magickal books of all genres, I recommend checking out the Book Reviews from Book Club- there are a lot of books that have been shared, and folks write a bit about what they thought of each. Do a search for “beginner” in the discussion and you’re sure to find quite a few books on all kinds of themes! :gem::herb::blush:

I hope you can find some wonderful books @Janae_Rochele- good luck and blessed reading! :books::heart:

7 Likes

For a classic I would recommend Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham. It’s a bit dated but it’s a classic for a reason.

For a newer beginner book, I would go with Witch Life by Emma Kathryn. I read it for the book club a couple of months ago and it was really good. Hope that helps!

8 Likes

@BryWisteria & @Amethyst: Thank you so much for the information. That IS one that I have saved in my favorites on my phone. (Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practioner) – & I knew that’s the response I would get for a beginner. :laughing: SO, I know which book I am purchasing now! :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

5 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad I could help!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Janae_Rochele- I hope you can find the perfect book( or books- there certainly are a lot of good witchy ones out there! :blush:)

Blessed be and happy reading! :books::heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.