Bitter cherry juice as an remedy?

Isn’t civilization wonderful? Out with the old, in with the new. America, instead of preserving its heritage tears down wonderful old buildings to build a skyscraper.
Modern medicine has forgotten that we didn’t always have antibiotics or anti inflammatory medication.
Mountain and herbal remedies are making a come-back, thank the Gods.
Gout ran rampant in our family, Dad, Brother Bill & I out of a family of 5.

Gout is a common & complex form of arthritis that can affect anyone. It’s characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, swelling, redness & tenderness in one or more joints, most often in the big toe.
An attack of gout can occur suddenly, often waking you up in the middle of the night with the sensation that your big toe is on fire. The affected joint is hot, swollen & so tender that even the weight of the bedsheet on it may seem intolerable.
Let me tell you I used all the dirty words my brothers ever taught me when I had a flair-up.
The meds the doc gave me weren’t working & it got so that even a wind hurt. My brother Bill called & suggested bitter cherry juice. Someone else suggested CBD (the new cure all?).
It was certainly worth a try.
How much Cherry juice should you take?
Despite the fact that research strongly suggests that cherry juice can treat gout, there isn’t yet a standard dosage. The amount of cherry juice that you consume should depend on the intensity of your symptoms.
The Arthritis Foundation suggests eating a handful of cherries or drinking a glass of Tart cherry juice per day, since the available research noted improvements in people who drank a glass every day.
To me bitter cherry juice was seriously nasty, But after a week or 2 the Gout symptoms were gone.
However, it’s always best to talk to your doctor before pursuing any treatment, as they might be able to give you more specific directions on dosage.
There are different types of cherries used to produce juice. Tart cherry juice is sour to taste & provides a higher amount of anthocyanins compared to black cherry juice, which is sweeter in taste and has less anthocyanins. Anthocyanins promote anti-inflammatory processes in the body. Both are great, nutritious options.
Other benefits of T. Cherry juice
Helps post-workout recovery
Fights inflammation and arthritis pain
Reduces swelling
Boosts immunity
Regulates metabolism and fights fat
Helps you sleep
Blocks cancer growth
And best of all it kept me from ripping off Richard’s head for no reason other than he walked past me and made my toe throb.

12 Likes

I’ve always found cherries to be a tasty treat, but I didn’t know about their usage for gout. That’s amazing to hear they helped you fight off the flare-up, @Garnet :cherries: :astonished: Thanks for sharing what worked for you- I’ll have to make a note of this! :pray::heart:

2 Likes

Cherry juice and the fruit itself is great for many things like depression, anxiety, insomnia, heart health, muscle pain, muscle damage, inflammation. But yes tart cherry juice is more effective. Thank you so much for the post!! I kind of forgot about all the benefits. :pray:

3 Likes

I have had arthritis since age 20 and gout also runs in my family. I drink about half a cup of tart cherry juice at night almost daily. I think it really does help joint pain! I also take low dosage naltrexone which has worked better than any RX arthritis med. or OTC pain killer I have tried. I crush it and mix it with distilled water. Then I use an eye dropper to take 4.5 mil. It is MIRACULOUS for inflammation. People are using it for MS. The trick is not to take too much. Less is more. It’s an Rx. that only comes in 50 mg tabs – that’s why you have to pulverize it and mix it with water. It’s so cheap. I think that’s why it may not be prescribed more often :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s amazing! Especially for those seeking out a more holistic approach to medicine.

2 Likes

Dearest Mary!
Just looked up naltrexone, how marvelous. Its basic function is for alcoholism, Opioid use and my little pointy ears perked up to read it also
is a novel therapy for autoimmune conditions such as lupus, fibromyalgia, MS and usually does not exceed a 4.5 mg dose.
Thank you so much for bringing this drug to my attention.
For you my little chickadee a pair of wings
and 25 Garnet :heartpulse:

6 Likes

I do not mean to upset you with my comment here!

I have tried them and did not make a difference.
Why people insists on drinking large amounts of juice, undiluted?
A diabetic like me would know that despite the benefits of drinking cherries, sugar concentration weights heavier on its benefits.
Would anyone eat a kilogram of apples?
Let’s no forget the benefits of fiber.
I have read that that little tail attached to the cherry improves memory.
Once you crack the stone, you can enjoy the seed. Although bitter and containing cyanide, can be beneficial in small amounts.

2 Likes

I read recently a long list of
anti-inflammatory foods that can alleviate certain conditions, but although better than painkillers, may take a while before you can ripe the benefits.
Have you seen this handheld device?
I have been using it for a few weeks now, and I can tell you, I am converted.
My sciatica is more manageable.
You can use it, everywhere?-on your body, except the eyes.
As the matter of fact, I bought 2, so I can apply it on both knees.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

@mary25 - Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have psoriatic arthritis and I’m going to try this! :heart:

4 Likes

In UK cost around £850.
I bought a second one on eBay so I can target both sides of a knee with 2 laser guns.
Recharging batteries should lat one year and hadheld 10 years, I have been told.
Some people moans about the price.
I say, no more chiropractor, no more GP, no more painkillers.
Can we put a price on that?
I was sceptical, but I am leaving proof that it works. I usually time it for 10 minutes and use more than twice a day, basically, everytime that my limbs hurt.
I suggested to people to share the cost with friends an family, but it will be paid off in no time.
You have no idea what is like being able to stand on my feet without the pain.
The best cure is to admit that we have to live with the condition. Pain and health walk hand in hand.
You have 30 days to try it for free.
If you have any questions, ask me, I should be selling it😂

3 Likes

Combine this gadget with other therapies and antiinflammatory foods, all berries are.
Grapefruit it’s fantastic and so are cherries.
Meditation, yoga, massage…to name but a few.
Target the pain anyway you can. A live of misery caused by pain it’s not worth it.

3 Likes

Good luck with CBD. Did not work for me.
It helped me to relax, as orfidals (anxiolitics) did.
My best choice? one or two tumble glasses of vodka and tonic.
Sleep like a baby day and night.
If am sleeping I do not feel pain, is a win-win for me.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I love eating linseeds to fight inflammation.
I grind them to powder, Steamed vegetables and pour stock on it.
Tastes less gritty!
You can have the oil, but looses potency soon.
Better use the powder as soon as it’s grinded.
I eat a handful daily. People suggested 1 or 2 spoons because may cause constipation. No problem, add more vegetables then.
Cherries and cabbage, Pols know a thing or two about the benefits of this vegetable.

2 Likes

You are most welcome – I hope it works! There are lots of studies if your doctor hasn’t heard of this. Once I told her about them, she was willing to let me try the Rx :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am so glad! :slight_smile: Thank you for the wings! :heart:

2 Likes

You are quite right, drinking any juice isn’t for IDDM.