Black Salt Recipe

Great recipe! The pictures look great!!

I have some black salt I bought from Etsy but I’m sure homemade works best!

Update: I tried the recipe and created a printable page for it too!

Printable: Black Salt Recipe with Egg Shells

How-to-make-black-salt-with-egg-shells

Thanks for sharing @SilverBear!! :smiley:

15 Likes

Thank you! I love making my own…as I feel the charcoal/ashes already have a magical intent to them, I have salt, and we eat eggs…soooooo totally cheap! #Frugal

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I’ve never made black salt before, but I definitely will one day lol

5 Likes

Hello,
I’m new and I adore your posts. Can you help pls, what do I need except black salt to drive away those who want to hurt me, or for my protection?
My path is positive and polite.
Thank you,
Ana

8 Likes

Bayleaf and sage are great herbs for protection. There are many things you can do…sage cleanse your home and yourself. Burn bay leaves…add this salt mixture to window sills and door frames…or you can add a combination of those things inside a satchel or glass jar…or if you are more eco friendly – can add inside a toilet paper tube.

I suppose the protection would also depend on what are you trying to protect yourself from? Real people or spiritual protection?

I have a home blessings jar you could follow - Home Blessings Jar - 🌿

Hope this helps!

8 Likes

I made a huge bottle of black salt and went outside and sprinkled all around my house.

6 Likes

As i do not have and charcoal, what kind of ash can be used? wld ash from a backyard fire do the trick?

5 Likes

That is also fine! You can use ash from your fire-pit, incense, or charcoal. I have used ashes from my fire pit many times. It’s the loving intention you place within your ashes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :green_heart:

5 Likes

That’s a lovely recipe, thanks for sharing :blush:
Is there any way to substitute the eggs with something else?

4 Likes

You don’t need to add the egg shells. I do that for an added protection. Our neighbor has chickens and we get a ton of eggs…lol I wanted to use some in the black salt to give an added “KICK”.

You can just use salt and ash. This is called witches black salt. Not to be confused with the black salt used in Indian cuisine.

5 Likes

After reading this I sat in front of a fire for about 2 hours last night. I used it as an offering and also to relax. I now have a ton of ash :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Beautiful! I use a lot of my ashes from our Fire pits in the summer. These types of fires have a lot of good mojo. Great stuff for spell work.

3 Likes

Ahhh sounds lovely, @Katt! :two_hearts: I hope you enjoyed your relaxing time by the fireside, and can find a good use for all your new ash! :fire: :blush:

I have to admit, when I was reading the first post about black salt the first thing that came to mind was Icelandic black salt! I didn’t know that India also uses black salt in cooking- I wonder if it’s similiar to the volcanic salt?

The black salt I saw for sale in Iceland was sea salt that got its color from the volcanic ash :volcano: :

When I first saw it in Iceland, I thought it was really amazing- and although not the same black salt as your wonderful witch’s black salt, this volcanic salt could have uses for fire or cleansing magick :+1:

I don’t know if I would eat it, though… I know activated charcoal is a somewhat controversial subject right now. It started as a dietary trend a while back, but now studies show it may not be healthy to take internally: Is Activated Charcoal Messing With Your Medication?.

As a very powerful detoxifier, black salt from activated charcoal may actually interfere with medications. However, although internal use is being debated, many people agree activated charcoal (and black volcanic salt) are great for certain skincare routines! I’m using it as a facial cleanser now, and it’s been working wonders for my skin :star_struck:

5 Likes

Interesting never heard of Lava salt. Cool! I use charcoal toothpaste! :smiley:
I probably would not ingest witchy black salt… Blah! LOL

3 Likes

Ohhhhh I’ve seen charcoal toothpaste a few times, but I’ve never had the chance to try it! Do you think it works well? :tooth::sparkles: I’d be worried about it dying the sink black- do you find that it washes off easily, or do you really have to scrub to get it off? :soap: I’d like to give it a try sometime! :grin:

2 Likes

Never have an issue with it staining. Has washed away very easily. I use a product called NATIVE.

4 Likes

Ohhhh it looks like NATIVE has a lot of interesting products with activated charcoal- I’ve only ever used deodorant sticks, but their natural deodorant balm looks tempting :eyes:

Thank you for sharing, @SilverBear! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Me? Well I am lucky enough to have a woodstove and ashes weekly…but in a pinch?? I just scrape off the burned stuff when I cook he he he just kidding I make hubby eat it anyhow ha ha ha

2 Likes

I collected ash from my fire pit and because I do not have any charcol I figured I would use the charred wood that was left, I hope it has the same effect.

3 Likes

That is pefect. You are good to go!

3 Likes