Blessed be from North-Eastern Indiana USA!

I am a Pagan Viking guy without kids, and not wanting any. Located in the USA, in a place with too much corn, north-east Indiana. I like women that are not a shield-maiden. All those other guys can have all the shield-maidens. I like women who are kind, caring, creative, and appreciates a smart spiritual oriented guy. I am a combination of Wiccan, Norse-Pagan, Hindu, and Buddhist. My idea of a good time (when there is no covid in the world) is to visit as many Hindu temples as possible, and spend lots of time doing spiritual practices, meditating, chanting mantras, doing yoga, pondering the philosophical aspects of life, and going for long walks to commune with nature. I might also be persuaded to come out of my hermit philosopher cave, to go out dancing, and other traditional kinds of date activities, by the right kind of girl. I am a rather strange mix of a traditional and non-traditional guy (part hippie too, but only the good parts).

I am doing the best I can to be maintaining my mental and physical health, in this crazy chaotic world. I tend to mostly, other than the occasional indulging of my cookie addiction, eat healthy, and I am vegan for its health and spiritual benefits. I don’t smoke, and rarely drink, and no 420 here. I am slightly, but not completely a fan of 50 Shades, though I don’t agree that it is exactly how that stuff is done, haha. For those who like funny codes, I am an INTP, with Sun in Virgo, Moon in Gemini, and Libra Rising. I enjoy talking to attractive women that feel they have what it takes to convince me to come out of my cave, please feel free to drop me a message. Have fun (or even invite me for us to have fun if you like). -Volmarr the Hermit Wizard Philosophical Viking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also enjoy regular silent meditation practice.

Meditation is very important for witches, wizards, and magicians! The reason for this is that to most effectively do magick and spells, we must keep our mind focused on whatever goal we are working the spell for. When we do regular meditation it trains our minds to be better at this, thus it greatly increases our skills at magick and spellwork. Meditation is actually the single most important key practice to developing magickal skills. Without a regular meditation practice we are not anywhere near as likely to succeed at spells and magick work. Also meditation helps to develop self awareness, which is very needed for anyone who is on any magickal based path such as witchcraft. Meditation itself is an act of magick as we are transforming our minds to be more strong and powerful! Blessed be!

I am a male Wiccan/Witch. I work with Hindu and Norse deities mostly, but sometimes some of other pantheons such as Greek/Roman, Buddhist, African, or Celtic deities. Even since my youngest days I remember sensing the magick in nature, and I had a strong knowing that witches could be either gender, and that most witches were good. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.

I first got into Wicca, tarot, and magick back around 1991. I went on to study the runes, and got strongly into Asatru (Norse Paganism) for a number of years. Later I focused on Hinduism, which is in many ways the eastern version of Wicca. I also had a Buddhist phase. I’ve also dabbled in astrology, Tantra, Voodoo, and yoga. Finally recently back into Wicca again after all these years. The spiritual journey is a path that can lead in many directions. I’ve always had a love for knowledge of spiritual topics, so have studied many things over the years.

One limitation I found with a lot of info and books about Wicca, or even Wiccan traditions is they often seem to be primarily oriented towards group work, and solitary is an afterthought. So I was really glad when I found Spell8, since here is all about the solitary Wiccan! I have been solitary the majority of the time I have practiced Wicca, and I find I do much better working that way.

I also love that all the wonderfully designed spells here at Spell8 are designed to be done with simple ingredients that you can find easy, and not overly expensive to gather them. I’d say by far this is the best overall Wiccan material I have seen in all my years of being into Wicca! Very happy to be part of the Infinite Roots Coven! Also great name for a coven too!

9 Likes

Hello, it’s nice to meet you and welcome to the coven @Volmarr

I am called as either Anne or Margaret here, A Filipino Pagan, born from 5 different intermixing races (a very distant paternal relative turns out to be Irish from the stories of those older than me), I usually work with Abba (a different Filipino deity and not to be mixed with the one called as “father” in the Christian deity) , a local green and kitchen witch in the Philippines, one who is studying the path of a Babaylan (healer/herbalist) of my country :tea: :tea:. I am someone who tends to study and research a lot when a topic fascinates me enough to do it and have patience for it even if the knowledge to acquire requires years of study :books: :books:. For health reasons I am not a dancer, what I am however is a chess or Shogi player and recently turned into a poet . :pen: :pen: :pen:

I am still unsure whether I am finally free from the current relationship I’m under, both of us were once Christians however since I diverted to Paganism after learning how to control the subconscious magick I have, the difference of beliefs will only cause more strain and danger to the present partner’s side. It is why I’d rather set him free from me if it means organized religion will not come after him for being associated to someone they would deem as “heretic”. Most of the series I’m a fan of other than those from anime are: Doctor Who or Merlin from BBC :dragon: :dragon:

If you have any questions, feel free to do so, someone will come back and answer your question to the best of their abilities, Enjoy and have fun in this website :heart: :heart:

Blessed Be,
Margaret

Side note: I’m a Scorpio under the Thoth sign and a pet owner, an INFP and someone who now studies Philosophy when free from my schedules :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

7 Likes

I agree with you there!!!

Welcome to the forum! I’m Christina and I live in New York. It’s so nice to meet you!!! Stay a while, everyone is so nice and there’s always fresh coffee and snacks!!! Lol you’ll like it here, I hope!!
Blessed be :pray:

8 Likes

Welcome to the Coven :infinite_roots: I love your introduction :heart: you will find only acceptance here :heart: I’m Liisa also a Norse pagan :grin: and an eclectic Witch from Scotland :heart: I joined this Coven a little over a month ago now and I have felt like I found a home :heart: If you need anything at all just ask :heart:

7 Likes

Great introduction! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, MA. So happy that you found your way here. If you have any questions or input for any topic, feel free to jump in at any time!

On Thursday we have the (Group Ritual - May 20) International Tea Day with Your Coven :tea:, that is a good meditative time for the coven to get together & check-in.

Have a great day! :hugs:

6 Likes

Wow. Quite an introduction! Merry meet! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the coven. :infinite_roots: I’m Eclectic Wiccan, in case you’re curious. I like mixing it all up but I’m drawn to the Greek Pantheon most of off I think. I was really fascinated with it as a little girl.

In case you’re interested, there are many Meditations on-site in case you want to find something new to listen to while meditating. Also, check out yesterday’s Merry Meet Monday - Forum News to see what’s going on with the coven. As @Siofra said, tomorrow is our group tea and that’s always a great way to get started.

If you have any questions, just give a holler and someone will pop up and help you out! I look forward to chatting with you more soon!

5 Likes

Welcome, Volmarr! :wave:

Thanks for your introduction! Kudos to you for your broad mind and eclectic faith! I agree with you on the importance of meditation, however I haven’t read 50 Shades yet :laughing:

I hope you’ll have fun in the coven and share with us more interesting spiritual tips and observations. Blessed Be!

7 Likes

Merry meet @Volmarr :wave:

Wishing you a warm welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots: Thanks for the wonderful introduction- it is a pleasure to meet you!

It sounds like you have had quite the magickal journey over the years and have explored many exciting aspects of magick, spirituality, philosophy, and more- good for you :blush:

Please make yourself at home here, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any witchy wisdom or questions to share! We are all learning and growing together here :deciduous_tree: :two_hearts:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the warm welcome Christina! Blessed be!

4 Likes

Thanks Liisa for the warm welcome! This place seems amazing! Love all the information and the great printouts for the BOSs here!

5 Likes

Thanks Siofra for the warm welcome! I will for sure try to catch some of the chats at times I get a chance to! Blessed be!

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome Amethyst!

I for sure will be trying out many of the meditations in time! It is great all the spiritual devotionals and daily spiritual activities available here! Blessed be!

4 Likes

Thanks Francisco for the warm welcome! This place is amazing and I want to thank you for creating a place that is focused towards solitaries! So many groups, traditions, books, information sources are all focused mostly towards group rituals, and hard to adopt towards the need of solitaries. I love that all the information here is structured with solitaries in mind! I also love how all the amazing spells are designed to be easy to do, using mostly herbs that can be gotten at the grocery store! All these things make the performance of Wicca much easier for people to do, and is well needed for sure! Love too all the amazing printable BOS pages!! I shall be over time adding more and more of them to my BOS! I love too that it is a modern well designed website, very accessible, very attractively designed! You and your staff have done an amazing job on it! Also I love the very professional well voiced (by a very nice to listen to voice) videos too! I look forward to seeing how things grow and expand here over time! It is great too that the staff, including the owner himself, make new people feel welcome! Blessed be!

6 Likes

Blessed be TravelWitch and thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward for sure to getting to activities of the Infinite Roots Coven!! I hope too in time that activities of the coven are added for more times/days too! Is nice to have online rituals which us solitaries can get to from time to time, as our schedules and times permit! This place is amazing by the way, and thank you so much for being one of the staff members that help bring it to us all!

6 Likes

It’s funny how some practitioners are empowered when working within a group and others mostly when they practice on their own, at their own pace. I like to have this support network where we can be solitaries together!

Thanks @Volmarr for your amazing feedback! I’m glad that you are learning a lot from all the information here. Keep it up!! :books:

6 Likes

You are very welcome, @Volmarr- I’m so happy to hear you are enjoying the site, forum, and resources! :books: :sparkles: I hope you enjoy the activities as well- and know that while the staff-run activities happen every week, every now and then someone will create an activity or fun challenge to share with everyone :blush: If you ever have an idea for a fun activity, please know you are very welcome to bring it life!

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@Francisco yes that is exactly how I am, I feel more powerful doing my own rituals, but I like to still have people I can connect to and interact with that are also Wiccans too.

Also I tend to be very particular and like to do things my own way, thus this also makes me much better to be a solitary! Groups tend to have too much of a dynamic where you have to be willing to follow a hierarchy, and I don’t do well in hierarchies, is what I have found.

Even the whole idea of the witch, is someone who sort of does not tend to like to conform, but instead sit on the edge of the village, so they can do their own thing, but yet still have some contact with others when they choose to, but on their own terms. I am totally this way really!

7 Likes

@TheTravelWitch, nice to know! How does one bring it to life here? I am very curious about this! I certainly would be willing to do something like lead a daily silent meditation session or something like this. Been to some which were in Zoom, and that was great for creating a sense of social interaction that was really nice.

4 Likes

On Thursday, there is a zoom meeting that’s lead by @MeganB during the tea time post. Maybe you could talk to her, she’s a moderator here.

6 Likes

Very nice @christina4 ! I will try to make it there! Do we do the tea ritual during the meeting, or before it?

4 Likes