Blessings from Arizona❤️

Merry meet Sisters and Brothers!
I’m Moriah and I recently came across Spells8 and knew I had to join! I have been aware of my magic since childhood and come from a line of Hereditary Natural Witches and Shamans. I follow a more solitary and eclectic path combining my Norse and Celtic roots and traditions of old. My magic is inspired by the divine through my connection with Odin and Arianrhod guiding my path. I am more drawn to shadow work and healing the wounds of past lives and childhood, and am very aware of and call my inner dualistic nature and am always looking for new knowledge and like minded souls. :black_heart: Be blessed and abundant in spirit and wealth :black_heart:

8 Likes

Merry Meet Moriah,
Welcome. I hope you find this a good fit for your practice. I lived in AZ for 26 years. (Mostly in the Phoenix area but 2 years in Prescott) I’m home in OH now. I consider myself a newbie, but with a life long interest in the craft. I look forward to your posts! I hope you share some of your practice with us so we can get to know you better. :slight_smile: Blessings

4 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome Berta!
I love OH and the east coast, my grandparents lived in Allegheny County PA and I always loved how alive and charged the nature is there! Arizona has its still alive spots especially near Prescott which I visit often, as nature and the connection and to the Ethereal Aether of the 9 realms is a very important aspect of my craft.
I am sure I’m going to love it here and look forward to having a safe space to share my craft with other liked minded and beautiful souls and getting to learn and share wisdom with! :heart:

4 Likes

LOL… I have cousins in Kittanning and Butler. It is a small world … there is no hiding place. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Super small world my parents are actually moving back to Pittsburgh and my fiance and are about to move to Beaver County in Monaca

4 Likes

Coming full circle… at least we will be neighbors! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Merry Meet @moriah! I’m Kasie, from West Virginia. You must have such a wide range of knowledge. That’s so great! I’m looking forward to learning from you!

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Welcome Moriah! :wave:

I think you’re a perfect fit for this Forum! I especially liked your introduction and your mindset, looking for new knowledge!

We share and learn, nourishing each other with bits of wisdom! :slight_smile: Feel free to explore the Forum, the lessons, the spells. Comment on any topic you like and make yourself at home!

5 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome Kasie! West Virginia is beautiful and has such fascinating history woven inside it especially in the folklore and legends from when it was first colonized. I absolutely love history and West Virginia was one of my favorites when I was studying supernatural phenomena and legends and lore of colonial america!

3 Likes

Thank you so much Fransisco, I appreciate your support! I absolutely love the energy here and can’t wait to dive into the plethora of knowledge in all the topics as well as share some of my practice with all the beautiful souls here :owl::black_heart:

5 Likes

A very merry meet to you, @moriah! :heart:

Thank you for the lovely introduction- sending greetings from Poland! :wave: Your magickal path is truly wonderful- you have so many exciting areas of interest. I can’t wait to talk with you more!

Feel free to make yourself at home here in the forums. You are warmly invited to any of the current Activities- there are weekly challenges, group rituals, and other fun things happening throughout the forums :sparkles:

If you have any questions or knowledge to share- please feel free to reach out with a message or post! We all love to learn from one another here :books:

I am looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I have a book on local folklore and magic, I just haven’t gotten around to reading it. Sounds like you know more that the book, that’s neat! You’ll have to share something in Witchy Wisdom sometime, I’d love to learn more!

4 Likes

Hello @TheTravelWitch so great to meet you!
Thank you for the warm words and welcome, it is so refreshing to be in such a welcoming and open environment! I have to admit my magical path has been one that has caused isolation from others at times; most times when people hear that I follow the path of my ancestors (as that is what they have called for me to do) their first thought is blood sacrifice and what the common belief of pagans i.e. “devil worship” which is not the case. While modern times seem to be evolving the minds and reawakening us to what is true and what has been molded to fit the narrative, there is still much to be discovered.
My gift and blessing from my ancestors is one that allows the shadow of the soul to speak to me and communicate what needs healed not only for the individual but for the ancestral lineage as well. This also allows a more open access to the akashic fields or collective consciousness if you prefer that name instead. Because of this, I know finding this beautiful site is not by chance, but by divine timing as I have been feeling the call to begin sharing what has been shared and taught to me, and this is the perfect place to start!
I am polishing up my first topic I intend to share… spoiler alert it is touching on lore and legends of the americas and the superstitious practices of the colonists, and how it all points to magic being more real than we’ve been led to believe and how to reconnect with yours. I hope it will be helpful and that it stirs minds to dive deeper and discover those hidden doors of spirit that we all seek to unlock, and that it brings a blessing of learning from others as well.
I look forward to talking with you and the rest of the Spells8 community more and hearing and learning about all your magical lives and practices. Until then be blessed and abundant and may Freya’s Tears shower your lives with abundance. :black_heart: :owl:

2 Likes

@Amethyst Funny you mention the topic of magic and folklore of West Virginia as the topic of Lore and Legends of the Americas and the Superstitious Beliefs of the Colonists is the topic of my first post I am working on. I hope you will find it interesting and informative! One of my primary areas of my magic practice is working with the ancestors of my family as well as the lands we live on, and allowing their message to be shared and received when needed. If you have any particular interest or legend that has always interested you I would love to have the opportunity to discuss it with you, I’m a bit of a history nut if you can’t tell lol :nerd_face: and the more taboo or uncommon history of both the ancient world and the modern world has always been the area that has always called to me for as long as I can remember lol so needless to say I have acquired a wide range of topics that I love sharing and discussing with others who share my insatiable thirst for knowledge and truth.
I look forward learning from and getting to know you and your practice more and until then may you be blessed in both spirit and mind and prosperous in all you claim yours :black_heart: :owl:

3 Likes

I’m sure I will! That looks very interesting! I’m not originally from WV, so I don’t know many of the local legends. I’m much amused by the local cryptid beasts we have around here but I don’t take that many of them seriously. I look forward to learning from you! And getting to know you!

Blessed be to you too! :hugs:

4 Likes

You are very welcome, @moriah :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know many witches in the same boat. Unfortunately, pagan practices and other spiritualities have gotten a bad rap in the media and people often jump to incorrect conclusions about what witchcraft really is. Luckily, times are changing and there is more content taking a fairer and positive perspective on witches (like this article and this article!)

Ohhhh- I am so excited to read your post about magic in the Americas and historic lore- it sounds wonderful :heart_eyes: I can’t wait!

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Merry Meet! I am also in Arizona and love he desert and the vibrations of the area here.

4 Likes

Welcome Moriah. My name is Brad originally from Oklahoma now living in Eastern Ohio. Hope you enjoy your time here. Blessed Be…

3 Likes

Greetings, @river! :heart:

It’s wonderful that you have a deep connection with the desert :desert:. It’s a pleasure to meet you- welcome to the forum!

3 Likes