Blue Moon / Halloween 🔵

Hi guys! :sparkles:

I know it’s a time away but once August ends I start getting really excited for Halloween! :jack_o_lantern: My favourite time of year! :orange_heart:

Are there any rituals or special things you guys do on Halloween? Is there anything different you’re planning this year?

This year we get a Blue Moon falling on 31st October and I can not wait!! :blue_heart::blue_heart::ghost: Apparently this only happens every 19 years…

Farmers Almanac- Blue Moon :large_blue_circle:

I feel like I should do something special in honour. :heart:

Could we plan a group Ritual?

Love to hear your thoughts :thought_balloon:

10 Likes

Ooh! Im all in if we plan a group activity :slightly_smiling_face: Halloween :jack_o_lantern: is my fav holiday and my daughter’s :family_woman_girl: birthday. She was born 10/31/13 at 6:31 pm. Three’s and one’s. She’s 6 1/2 and already loves witchy things. But anyway, what I do for Halloween is have a big birthday/Halloween party :partying_face::balloon::tada::dancer: during the daytime :sun_with_face: When evening :first_quarter_moon_with_face: rolls around, I usually do a ritual, it’s always different. I’m hoping to do one together as a group with all you beautiful people! :pray::thinking:

6 Likes

I think a group ritual would be a wonderful idea as well! I didn’t realize that it was a blue moon but I knew it was on a Saturday. The town is in a big kerfuffle about whether or not to allow trick or treating because of the pandemic. I know in the early weeks of October I am going to Salem with a good friend of mine. So I’m hoping to pick up some things from there. I’ll have a little bit of money and my walking shoes on… I’m very excited about it.

6 Likes

I’m super stoked! My best friend and I are trying to come up with some sort of little trip or special event to go to. Halloween has always been my favorite (I dresses up as a witch from age 4-12 lol) and its extra special this year! A group activity would be a great addition to my plans.

I’m hoping that my financial struggles get better so that I can continue my subscription here. I’ll miss you guys SO MUCH if I have to take a leave of absence. Send good vibes my way!

6 Likes

@haley I understand that issue too! I’m sure you will make it through this patch and we will continue to be able to talk to each other. Sending positive and loving vibes your way!

5 Likes

A group ritual would be fun!

5 Likes

@mrs My family celebrates Samhain in a very different way than most people because it’s my middle child’s birthday! For birthdays, we always let the birthday celebrant create the entire menu for the day, and I cook their favorite meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We usually go trick-or-treating and show off our fun costumes (we’ve done Five Nights at Freddy’s, Team Fortress 2, and The Wizard of Oz among others), but I doubt we’ll get the chance this year. We don’t usually do a ritual until the next day.

5 Likes

I just read that theres going to be two full moons in October! Exciting! :smile:
I have no idea what Im going to be doing yet but we should totally plan something on here for all of us! It would be a way for all of us to celebrate and feel included :relaxed: :blue_heart:

ABOUT OCTOBER MOON NAMES

"The earliest use of the term “Hunter’s Moon” cited in the Oxford English Dictionary is from 1710. Some sources suggest that other names for the Hunter’s Moon are the Sanguine or Blood Moon , either associated with the blood from with hunting or the turning of the leaves in autumn. Some Native American tribes, who tied the full Moon names to the season’s activities, called the full Moon the “Travel Moon” and the “Dying Grass Moon.”

In the book Wicca by Harmony Nice she writes this about the October Moon!

October || The Falling Leaf Moon
(aka Travel Moon, the Dying Grass Moon, and the Blood Moon)

• “…The Falling Leaf Moon is the time when the hunting and slaughter seasons are near and the energy shifts critically around this time. The darker days and colder nights are here and we honor our ancestors at this time of mortality…”

• “…Crystal and stone correspondences are obsidian, tourmaline, and onyx. Herbs and plants are apple blossom, mint, and sage. Tree correspondences are apple and yew. Colours for this Esbat are black, silver, purple, and blue, and the element is Air.”

7 Likes

That’s pretty cool! What a good read and find that was! I had no idea! I’m really excited I like to do full moon and new moon work. I’m still learning the other phases and the zodiac meditations to go with them.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, yes, @mrs! :confetti_ball: I’m so glad I’m not the only one SUPER EXCITED about Halloween… two months early! :laughing: It’s my favorite holiday (and favorite time of year too!). And yesss Full Blue Moon on a Saturday- it’s going to be quite the occasion :full_moon::bat:

Sounds like there are lots of other Halloween birthdays- @PuppetMama and @christina4! I’m another (almost) Halloween birthday, the day before: October 30th! Since I was born on a Blue Moon, this Halloween Blue Moon sounds like it’ll be extra special- I really can’t wait :full_moon::sparkles: I didn’t know it was also called “The Travel Moon”, @marissa! It’s really perfect for me- thanks for sharing that! :grin:

I spent last Halloween there, @krissie117! If you decide to go, enjoy it- I’m not sure how big the festivities will be this year, but Salem is always a lovely spot to visit :heart:

3 Likes

Didn’t I add you for the free subscription for here? @Francisco gave me a free code and I shared with as many people as I could remember. I’m not sure how to find that link but you’re more than welcome to use it, too! You’re a very much part of the family! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I gave you the free subscription too. Weren’t you able to use it? Hmm. Did you change and save your settings? I have to find that post!

2 Likes

@christina4 yes I remember her being in it. I will check mine too, I remember @haley being there.

They aren’t having all of the festivities but we are going before that to do some shopping. I have my walking shoes all ready for it! There are some things I am looking for that I want to see if they have before I go hunting online.

2 Likes

OK guys, so it looks like a group Ritual is a popular idea! :sparkles:

The moon is due to be in Taurus so I’ll do some research and come back closer to the time with some ideas! :grin:

7 Likes

@mrs, Thank you so much for organizing this. It’s a big deal. If you want any help with research give me a hollar. I have a couple of books on Samhain I can look up stuff for you. :hugs:

5 Likes

@Francisco helped me out with it last night! I must have missed that post, but thank you so much! I teared up when he messaged me. You all have been so helpful on my journey & the thought of getting cut off was really scary! I’m so grateful that you all feel that I belong just as much as I do! :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you @kasie that would be a great help :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Oh I would love to do a group ritual :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks for bringing it up @mrs!

3 Likes

Just pm me or something and I can look stuff up for you. I know I have a good recipe for pumpkin seeds in one book. I made them one time.

3 Likes

You’re a wonderful blessing to the family!

2 Likes