Book recommendations…

Good morning from a super wet and coronation-y UK.

I’m trying to get some new books on my kindle, specifically to learn. Does anyone have recommendations for the following (doesn’t have to be a e-book!)

• Paganism as a whole - history, learning etc.
  • Hedge witchcraft - I’ve got an allotment and I’d like to grow a lot of herbal things.
  • Kitchen witchcraft.

And oddly - any books about magical places around the world, occultism like ghosts, folklore, legends etc.

I’m hyperfixating on learning stuff at the moment to distract me from being told I have ADHD and potentially autistic.

11 Likes

I am finding this one enlightening

7 Likes

There is a book with a lot of information on different things. It’s called The Ultimate Book of Shadows for the new generation Solitary Witch by Silver Ravenwolf. I love that book. It’s written for teenagers, but there is so much information. I call it my witch bible. Lol!

7 Likes

These are some of my recommendations!

10 Likes

There are a few books I have come across when going through Kindle…

The Green Witch’s Garden by: Arin Murphy-Hiscock
Paganism: A Beginner’s Guide by: Sarah Owen
Pagan Portals: Hedge Witchcraft by: Harmonia Saille
The Little Book of Earth Magic by: Sarah Bartlett

Those are the ones that I have come across in my Kindle searches or seen within the forum. I haven’t read them. I am a fan of the Pagan Portals books on such subjects as a kind of starting point. :smiling_face:

@missa has a much more comprehensive list that may be helpful & definitely keep you reading! :books:

9 Likes

@Shadeweaver and @Nyxie_Rose i 2nd this book. Its amazing.

Ummmmm Nyxie i have alot of books on pdf that u could save to your kindle if u want

9 Likes

Oh really? That would be amazing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think you turned me on to it in the Hedge challenge. :milky_way: It’s just the witch I want to be. :broom::purple_heart:

7 Likes

Oooh, yay :slight_smile: I’m not 100% sure what kind of witch I want to be - but I have this horrible habit of murdering plants (even a cactus and a bamboo!!) and I just wanna learn to grow things that aren’t only food, but I’d like to maybe make a bit of herbal medicine too.

7 Likes

I don’t have a one stop shopping suggestion but I highly recommend Scott Cunningham. Here are some of my favorites

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner - Google Search

Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen - Google Search

Magical Herbalism: The Secret Craft of the Wise Magical Herbalism: The Secret Craft of the Wise - Google Search

Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs - Google Search

5 Likes

I don’t have too many recommendations outside of what’s already been said :blush: I want to say that many of what you’re looking for will be in more specific books. So if you’re looking for the history of paganism, you’ll have to look into different cultures and their beliefs to get more specific. Celtic paganism’s history is very different from Norse paganism’s history, for example.

The same is true for growing anything. You’ll want to learn about your growing zone, the climate, what will grow where you are and what won’t, and maybe look into container gardening if that’s the case.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.