Can someone be Wiccan and also follow another faith?

A word for it, is multitasking.
Many centuries ago, there were 5 cultures living in harmony the South of Spain.
Proof of what you ask, is the legacy that those cultures left on the actual society.
But something went horrible wrong:
Isabel of Castille, a Portuguese upstarter princess, joined forces with the second wealthiest kingdom in the Country.
They’ve got rid of the lesser cultures.
They’ve won the battle, they freed the Country from infidels, but lost something greater: Humanity.
By the way, Isabel of Castille, really turn heads at the time, like many other queens that have to fight for they believes in a world ruled by men.
Nothing much have changed since then!
If you ever visit La Mezquita de Cordoba, you will understand what am saying.
It’s a travesty. Christians kept the Mezquita, but build a Catholic totem at the heart of this magnificent extructure, to remind infidels who remained in power.
The winner takes it all, not necessarily the righteous!
The lesser cultures I spoke earlier where offered the chance to convert. For a short while there was peace. Those who stayed were massacred.
Speaking of Holocaust in the name of Christianity???
“Those free of sin throw the first stone”.
I have to live with that guilt for the rest of my days, it’s sad indeed.

8 Likes

Exactly my thoughts!!! :raised_hands:

10 Likes

Agree with @Amethyst

Doesn’t mean you cannot explore the tenets of other faiths and learn and take from and appropriate into your personal practices that you feel comfortable with, it would be very enriching that you do that, comparative religion/practices. Keep one foot in the door sort of deal. Don’t be too concerned about labels, a lot of people here are eclectic, such as myself, space is very safe and nurturing here for that. If you want to compartmentalize your practices, living ‘separate’ lives, that’s fine and well too, it’s no one’s business. At the end, you do what is needed (w/o causing harm of course) to live the best most beautiful life you can for yourself, and in turn brings joy to those around you, friends, family, loved ones, etc.

10 Likes

Well put, agreed!

11 Likes

You’re welcome! All you can do is follow your heart and do what’s right for you.

10 Likes

I wrote this in June of 2020 and I posted it here in October of 2020. It discussed my journey from Christianity to Wicca. I’ve since moved on from Wicca to a form of paganism. Here are some random thoughts I’m having but I’m unable to string them together tonight.

Islam, properly understood and practiced, is quite possibly the most pure form of monotheistic faith coming from the Abraham tradition.

“Paganism”, not Wicca, is quite possibly the closest we can get to the ancient religions predating modern people.

While polytheists will gladly embrace a monotheist, the same can’t be said of the inverse.

IDK what any of that means for you but I felt like each needed to be expressed. Like others have already said, it’s possible to use the term “eclectic witch” to combine Wicca (or more properly, “paganism”) and Islam into something that works for you. That “something that works” will be beautiful and life changing for you. I wish you the best on your personal journey. :hugs:

9 Likes

Well put Ben @praecog29 you’ve got such a beautiful mind :grin:

8 Likes

Thank you that was beautifully expressed. I know that it is going to take sometime until it feel more natural combining the both into my life and practice, i get the reason i asked really, is i was not sure under what label or term i should be researching when leaning about Witchcraft. However, i have come to be quite fond of Wicca and it’s practices, so what i am going to do is add Wicca elements to my practice and go from there and see where it leads me…

9 Likes

And your right! It is not really more the label if i am being honest (however it is nice to know what you can be called if someone asks), it is more what should i be researching under, what title. But like i said to Ben, is that am am happy with learning about Wicca and incorporating it’s practices into my idea of Witch practices and i will go from there…

9 Likes

I too was baptised as a child as i was born into a Christian Anglican family and then decided Islam was right for me at the age of 15, and now i am 31, i still strongly hold this faith. The reason i had changed my religion at a young age was i felt something was missing, and even until very recently i still felt that way… I was always drawn to little things here and there that related to Witches and Wicca, however it never really clicked as i did not know that such a religion and community of Witches existed! When i landed on this by accident it was like i ran smack bang into a wall and suddenly i could connect things i was always so unsure or confused about.
Right now at this moment even with so much new information, i am exactly where i want to be :blush:

12 Likes

Same here, my religion frowns upon it as well, however Witches do exist but usually in forms of old men where they incorporate religion to assist people.

10 Likes

If you’re comfortable here and you feel like you’re in the right place then most likely you are either way we’re blessed to have you

12 Likes

Thank you very much!

11 Likes

BOOM! :boom: Beautifully said!!

10 Likes

Just seen this. Hello from a fellow biker!

9 Likes

Hi @IrisW :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve been sitting on this question for a while and now that I finally have some time, I want to give a short answer. My thoughts based on my understanding of Wicca and other faiths is that sometimes you can be Wiccan and follow another faith. I know you’ve said you’re Muslim, and I honestly don’t know too much about the tenants of Islam and what it says about having other deities.

Wicca is a duotheistic faith system that worships two distinct deities usually referred to as the God and Goddess. If the second faith in question specifies that you cannot have any other deities then no, you would not be able to practice both faiths cohesively. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t be a witch and practice another faith.

It can all get a bit complicated depending on the second faith involved. For example, I know in some Christian beliefs you cannot have any other God besides the Christian God. In this sense, no, being Wiccan and Christian would not go together. However, you can be a Christian Witch.

I hope this makes sense :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Believe what you believe, practice what you want to practice in support of your beliefs, and let somebody else worry about what to call it.

8 Likes

My friend if you have not read the life of pi you should. Not watch the movie either read the book. You might find it answers all your questions. I have been around many many faiths in my life. I hold many bits and pieces close to my heart. I have found in my mind that what I know is there is much I don’t know. I found in that book the protagonist also loved each and every one of the faiths he held close equally high in his heart. It seemed only those who only held one of the faiths that had a problem. Of course my thoughts might only be worth what they cost you as well take from it what you find of value and leave anything you don’t.

8 Likes

I honestly enjoy your posts and responses to other’s. So enlightening for me.

Everyone has differing views/opinions and I love that absolutely no one gets judgemental. Something I’ve obviously experienced in the past. Every time I come on here I get new insight which helps me in finding my own path. I just want to say I adore everyone here and thank you all for being awesome you! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes