Can you do that? šŸŽ“ Tarot Misconceptions

@MeganB since I am just starting out I chose the traditional Rider-Waite deck to learn with. I am just using the Major Arcana because I felt too overwhelmed trying to make sense of the numerology behind the other cards as well. :confused: Once I get a better sense of how, I plan on learning the rest of the deck. I also picked up a tarot based on Edgar Allan Poe, he was into the metaphysical knowledge. Very interesting deck and the book that came with it is mind blowing. I have a Blessed Mother oracle deck that I use on occasion but not often. Lots of good information for me to look into and I will definitely be joining your Youtube channel for more information. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is a great starting point. Most modern tarot decks are based on the imagery of the RWS deck, so once you learn that one you should be good with the others. Iā€™ll have to look into the Poe tarot deck :bird: (also kinda irritated thereā€™s no Raven emoji @Francisco) :laughing: Anyway, I look forward to hearing more about your tarot journey! Donā€™t forget to join in on the Divination Discussion :christmas_tree: Letā€™s Get Cheerful! that we have going on, too! :sparkles:

7 Likes

@MeganB I set a bookmark to remind me to participate since this is such a busy time of year for me.

6 Likes

Wonderful! Canā€™t wait to see what you come up with!

5 Likes

I havenā€™t done a reading since April. I did a reading for a nurse at one of the Hospitals I was guarding for COVID19 Screening.
The woman was distressed about an issue in her life. After work we did the reading.
I had her shuffle the deck hand over hand, no riffle shuffle. A few cards fell out of the deck. I always keep my cards in order, Major Arcana 0 to 21, then Swords, Wands, Cups, Pentacles Ace to King.
I had her then spread the deck out in a Horseshoe pattern exposing a little bit of each card. Then I explained the Celtic Cross spread, and had her hold her nonpower hand over the cards running her hand over all the cards until she felt a twitch or sudden pull. I told her to trust her fingers to find the right card.
In the beginning I told her to keep her question to herself. I feel that if I know, it may bias me in some way.
I had her draw the ten cards explaining the purpose of each position first.
I canā€™t remember all the card positions but, Judgement was her second card, Page of Swords her third card, Two of pentacles her fourth card, Reversed Empress her fifth card, eight of pentacles her sixth card and the Sun as the outcome card.
Turns out, her adopted son had just gotten out of prison and is living at home. He was convicted on drug charges. They spent a fortune on lawyers. She wanted to kick him out of the house.
I could see that in the cards but could also see the Page of Swords, her son was upright so trustworthy. The eight of Pentacles in the near future meant learning a trade, it had to be her son since sheā€™s a nurse and her husbandā€™s a Teacher, they already have professions. The Sun meant a New Dawn for all of them. So, I hope she didnā€™t kick her son out of the house.
Thatā€™s hiw I read, when I get an opportunity to.

5 Likes

:raven:

Thanks for the suggestion! Find it as ā€œravenā€ :+1:

6 Likes

Yay! OMG That makes me soo happy!

:raven:

6 Likes