Cartomancy ✨

Do any of you use card decks in your practice for fortune telling or divination work? If so what all do you work with ? :grinning:
Oracle, Tarot, Lenormand, Gypsy, Angel, Color, etc?

Here’s my Oracle deck!

I had it for about 8 years now and I use it all the time! Oracolo dello Sciamano means Shaman’s Oracle and it’s from an Italian maker. It was given to me by a coworker who wasn’t using it.

What I love about the illustrations is that they are so raw that I never get used to them. So in every read they trigger a “first impression” reaction which is very useful.

It is a bit weary so I’m always thinking about getting a new one. What do you recommend?

2 Likes

I use tarot cards on a daily basis, and even offer tarot readings through my shop on my site. I find that tarot is one of the easier forms of divination to learn, and I’ve been reading the cards for several years now. I have three decks: Shadowscapes, Wild Unknown, and Hanson-Roberts.

Hanson-Roberts Tarot

Shadowscapes Tarot

The Wild Unknown Tarot

Each one came to me in a different manner. The first - Hanson-Roberts - was gifted to me by my mother-in-law. She said she had held on to them for many years not knowing what to do with them but when we came to live with her, she knew they were meant for me.

The second was a gift to myself. I love the art on the Shadowscapes deck immensely and felt pulled to it.

The third was a gift from my boyfriend. I had my eye on the Wild Unknown deck for a while and he bought it for me.

Each deck has it’s own personality and temperment. Brighid, my Goddess, also has a preferred deck to speak to me through. She prefers I read with the Hanson-Roberts deck when I ask Her questions or for guidance. I guess She just likes the art and temperment of that deck. I’m not sure.

Anyway, I enjoy tarot a lot, and actually have several resources on my own site for tarot if anyone else was interested. You can find those resources HERE, and I also host a video series called Talk Tarot with Me on my YouTube channel.

1 Like

@Francisco & @MeganB Love the decks you have! Megan, the shadowscapes deck is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: How long have you been reading cards for ?

I have been reading mine for a few months now. I have 3 so far. “Everyday Witch Oracle” by Deborah Blake, “Animal Totem Crystal Deck” by Healing Crystals, and “Art Nouveau Lenormand” by Lo Scarabeo.

I’ve been reading the cards for about eight years now! I don’t have any oracle decks yet, but they are on my radar. I’m glad to see you have a variety of cards as well!

1 Like

I’m the opposite. I always use the Oracle deck I have and I’ve been a bit shy of getting a Tarot deck because there are so many cards with so many meanings to study.

But recently I found a practitioner that explains a way to start reading without having to memorize all the meanings, this is the couse “Tarot Oracle”, and it’s a lot more intuitive and creative work, so I’m going to get a new deck this week to get into the practice with Tarot cards.

Let’s see how it goes! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@Missa I use so many different types of cards! I have 35 different types of oracles and tarot cards and I can never choose which ones to use so I put the number ‘35’ out of 100 in a number generator and the number that is picked I use to pick what cards I work with, otherwise I’m in my room all night trying to make a decision.

I mainly use tarot and oracle with my favourites being the Rider-Waite and the Romance Angels cards for love readings, I have a steampunk and sherlock holmes tarot set that I need to work with a lot more though.

I would like to learn more about Lenormand, seems such an interesting and diverse skill to have using playing cards.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Wow, @ruby! I could not imagine having that many cards. Firstly, I wouldn’t have anywhere to store them! And I, like you, would not be able to make a decision on which cards to work with for the day. I applaud you!

1 Like

I think using a random generator to pick a deck is actually a great idea, it’s kind of like drawing a card to see what deck you will use… gets you in the mindset really quick I imagine! :laughing:

3 Likes