Casting a spell for someone else?

Hello! I am New to wicca and I have a few questions and wondering if anyone could help me out ^^
I’d like to know if it is possible to cast a spell intended for someone else , my parents and my brother and very stressed and struggling with money and I want to help them in any way I can , I’m wondering if I can cast a money spell that would take effect on them and help them with their financial issues
What kind of spell could I do to help them and what would the instructions be ?

Thank you so very much for the help ~~ <3

6 Likes

Hi MidnightVixxen!

It is very possible to cast spells for someone else. Some people prefer to get permission before casting magick for another person, but that is entirely at your discretion. If you’ve never done this kind of spell before, you need to decide on a few things.

1. How are you going to cast the spell?
  2. Will you use the moon phases or sun phases?
  3. What ingredients and supplies do you have on hand for this spell?

You can check here for some ready-made spells, and check here if you’ve never cast a spell before.

Here is a simple spell you can use to help bring abundance to your family.

You will need…

• A green candle (if you don’t have green, white works - or any color you associate with financial abundance
  • Matches or a lighter
  • A writing utensil and piece of paper
    OR
  • A photo of the person (or people) who needs help
  • A silver coin

Instructions

1. Place the photo on your altar or working surface. If you’re not using a photo, instead, write the names of the people you want to help on a piece of paper.
  2. Place the silver coin over the photo or paper.
  3. Light the candle and let the wax drip over the coin and photo/paper while chanting the following:

Money goes where green wax flows
Hardship falls away;
My family lives with ease each day
And stress to the wayside goes.

1. Repeat this chant three times while letting the green candle wax drip over the coin. Each time, visualize your family being enveloped in a green and gold light, swirling around them and bringing a smile to their faces.
  2. After repeating the chant, stand the candle upright and, if safe to do so, let it burn out. If not, snuff out the candle and let the magick do it’s work.

This spell is best done during a waxing or full moon if you choose to use the moon phases during your spellcasting. You can also burn dragon’s blood or some form of mint incense during your spell to aid in the magick.

Remember to follow fire safety, too!

You can also write your own spell. Just visualize what it is that you want and let your heart and your Gods do the talking. This spell that I provided to you was written on the fly (just now!) and I find that is the best way for me to practice magick. I hope it works well for you.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this spell and tips! You’re being a great help ^~^ I will write this down for the next full moon ~

3 Likes

You’re very welcome. We’re always here if you need help, have questions, or just want to chat about your experiences.

3 Likes

That spell looks great! We also discuss casting spells for someone else and staying protected on this topic.

Edit: There’s also a more recent discussion about casting a spell on another person here: The ethics of consent before casting

@MidnightVixxen If you want to add herbs to your ritual, I would suggest basil, thyme, or rue. They could be fresh or dried, place them on the paper, or if you have them as essential oil, use it to dress the candle.

If you are petitioning a deity (I use Hermes but there are tons of good fortune and money deities) you will want to have an offering for them and say a prayer.

You don’t HAVE TO have a deity or offerings- each way of doing spells is tailored to each persons comfort level and what works for them.

Good luck! :moneybag::moneybag:

4 Likes

Thank you for the extra tips ! You’re all so kind :3

3 Likes