Chai Swirl Cheesecake Bars

Chai Swirl Cheesecake Bars

Active Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 35 mins
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: 1 square)

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons (3 oz.) unsalted butter, melted
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
2 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
5 teaspoons chai tea latte powdered mix (such as Oregon Chai)

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, salt, and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 8- or 9-inch square pan or baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 9 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.

Step 2

Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Reserve 1/2 cup of the batter in a glass measuring cup. Pour remaining batter over cooled crust.

Step 3

Gradually stir in chai tea mix into reserved batter to combine. Dollop chai batter over vanilla-cream cheese batter, and gently swirl with a knife, being careful not to press into crust layer.

Step 4

Bake at 350°F until almost set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

7 Likes

YES PLEASE!!!

Making this when I get off work this week. Woooowooo - maybe I’ll put a little love, attraction and passion in there and feed it to my hubby. :wink:

4 Likes

Chai and cheesecake- both the flavors and the words seem to go together (is it just me, or is there something fun about saying “chai cheesecake”? :joy:). What a delicious recipe, @Amethyst- I’m drooling reading it! :drooling_face: I wish there was a way to just download the finished product and enjoy it immediately! :laughing:

Thanks so much! :heart:

3 Likes

Seems like the perfect vehicle for some love work, doesn’t it? So glad you like it!

Don’t we all? Hee! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

I showed this recipe to my husband and after I explained to him what chai was (and not Chives lol). I got a very enthusiastic “ooooooooooooo”

Tonight is my work Friday and I fully plan to make this Wednesday night. I think I’ll take photos and share with you guys.

2 Likes

I’d love to see and hear how they turn out! Thank you!

1 Like

Lookie I made your cheesecake @amethyst … well sort of. I had some trouble finding chai powder so I improvised and used raspberries instead. I just simmered them with a little sugar and otherwise followed the recipe perfectly. Kept a little raspberry on the side for garnishing. The absolute best cheesecake recipe I’ve ever tried. Super simple steps to making and DELICIOUS. The crust came out almost caramelized and the cheesecake so creamy and decadent. Thank you so much for sharing with us so I can add this to my book.

3 Likes

It looks good! So happy that it came out well for you! Yum!

2 Likes

Goodness, that looks amazing @LadyAuld.ofChico! :heart_eyes: Is there still some left? I’m on my way haha :joy::plate_with_cutlery:

Raspberries are such a great addition to the recipe! Good for you, enjoy it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Haha!! You are adorable! Come on down. Much to my dismay yes there is a lot left. I wish they would hurry up and eat it so it would stop tempting me.

2 Likes

Hooray! :partying_face: Hahaha too much cheesecake is the opposite of a problem in my dessert-loving opinion :joy: Snacks and desserts don’t last long here- gotta go fast or it vanishes! :laughing: :+1:

Thanks, Lady Auld, and enjoy your yummy treat! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes