Charging my herbs

How do you bring out the magic in herbs and crystals during spells and rituals?

12 Likes

When I do this, I look up the herb or crystal’s magickal properties. I then think of a word that sums up its’ entire properties. For lavender, I’ll say, “I invoke the calming energy of lavender.” For chamomile, “I invoke the cleansing energy of chamomile.”

13 Likes

I’ll ask the spirit of the herb directly for help with whatever I’m needing. For example, if I’m working with calendula I might say something like this: “Spirit of Calendula, I call on you to aid my work. Please lend me your soothing hand as I work my spell.”

11 Likes

All of the above, plus: The herb itself is powerful as it is. So I may not feel a need to charge, cleanse or bless it before using it.

But, like Megan mentioned, I do still chant an invocation as part of the purpose or intent of the spell, e.g. before drinking my tea.

10 Likes

As others have mentioned, I use a simple chant. I’ll ask each one to provide whatever energy I’m using it for as I’m adding it to the spell/burning it. I generally will “cleanse” whatever I’m using while I’m cleansing my space simply by moving my incense around the containers and asking any negative/unwanted energy to leave.

6 Likes

Thank you all for your experience :pray: :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you kindly

5 Likes

I appreciate your advise :pray:

6 Likes

I love this to be honest it makes great sense…

3 Likes

I’m glad it makes sense for you! :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.