Check this book out

I just added it to my amazon list too!

2 Likes

If anything it should give us some ideas of what to do for spells. Then we can write our own. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to writing my own spells or rituals. I really like a bath ritual before doing any spellwork that day or even a crystal meditation.

2 Likes

@Susurrus Due to physical reasons I don’t dare get in the tub, but I did find some nice sage soap so I can shower with it before doing any rituals. That should count, right?

2 Likes

I have the same kind of limitations, so all I have is a walk in shower with a built in seat. I improvise all of the baths. I use a pot and a scoop to pour the water over me after I have shampooed and washed.

2 Likes

That absolutely counts, @Amethyst! Using sage soap is a great and creative way to get the magickal and cleansing properties of the herb :soap::herb: Ritual baths and showers have the same purpose, and can be equally cleansing! :sparkles: There was a topic a while back about how to adjust the elements of a bath ritual into a shower ritual, with some very creative ideas! If you’re interested it is: Bath Improvisation :shower:

Best of luck to everyone with their baths, spells, rituals, and witchy reading! :books::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

That might work. Thanks for the idea. Now to get the potion into the bathroom without swamping myself. LOL.

2 Likes

Thanks, @BryWisteria! I’m glad it counts. LOL. I don’t know if I can do that bath improvisation without spilling everything. I’m not all that graceful on my feet. And the sage soap smells so nice. But I may try the improvisation one day, just to see if I can do it. We’ll see. Thank you so much for the link to it.

2 Likes

@Amethyst I hope it works out for you, the bath improvisation has been wonderful for me. I am still looking for some eucalyptus to hang from my shower head. I think that would be wonderful when I’m feeling under the weather.

2 Likes

@Susurrus I hope it does too. We’ll see like I said I have problems with balance so I’m not sure about carrying a tub of water into the bathroom.

I think Wal-mart sells eucalyptus back in its floral department. I’m not sure, it’s been a while since I’ve been in that part of Wally World.

1 Like

@Amethyst your Walmart has a floral department? Wow, we don’t have that, we have the basics I guess. We have a small food section and even smaller refrigerated section. I would love to go to a bigger Walmart and see what they have there. Both of my boys work there in the electronics department. I will have to see if maybe our other floral places have it!

2 Likes

@Susurrus we have three Super Wal-marts in the area. With a big grocery store, craft and floral, and everything. I wish I could get in there easier but it’s just too difficult for me. I bet your sons could help you figure out if you could order some from a different Wal-mart.

Heck, I bet any good floral store could order you some eucalyptus. It might be a bit more expensive but it would be worth it to have on hand, especially since they say this flu season is going to be bad, what with Covid going around.

2 Likes

@Amethyst It sounds like I have the same type of mobility issues. I have hEDS and I have to wear braces on my knees and ankles, plus I have a rollator walker that I need to use when I venture out of the house. I usually bring someone with me to stores to help me lift things and get around. I believe we have a Super Walmart in Plymouth, that’s about 45 minutes away from me. My balance issues is why we remodeled the bathroom to add a nook and a built in seat with a handheld showerhead and a stationary shower head. So now it’s more of a walk in shower with glass doors. I understand completely.

2 Likes

I don’t have a rollator walker but there are days I wish I did. A friend has one. Mostly I’m obese to the point where it’s easy for me to lose my balance. They took me off one of my meds that was making me eat so there’s hope I’ll lose some weight and get a bit better. I like the idea of a walk in shower, I just have a bench in a regular bathtub that’s not that big, and I have to tuck the shower curtain around my bum to keep from leaking on the floor. LOL.

Us mobility challenged people have to stick together! :grinning:

2 Likes

We really do! I lose my balance because of my ankles and knees. My ankles just decide to go out and my knees hyperextend while I’m walking then there’s my knee caps that just do what they want unless they are held in place. I usually use the walker in the stores or when I will be on my feet for a little while and may need to sit. I have it decorated with different stickers that I made for hEDS and Fibromyalgia. I really should do a mental illness one too, but that one will have to wait for now.

2 Likes

Ouch. Knees and ankles going out sounds like it hurts like heck. I usually use one of the motorized buggys at the store, because I’m shopping alone. I bet your rollator looks cute with all those stickers on it. :sparkles:

What I’ve repeatedly wished for is a book for Wiccans who are disabled. I find it difficult to stand to cast a circle three times. Someone who writes that is really going to make some money I think. We’ll see if it ever happens.

2 Likes

@Amethyst oh that is a great idea! I usually sit on the edge of my bed and cast it around me to include the bed when I am having trouble standing.

I was thinking of using the seat as a makeshift altar. I just need to get a little altar kit that I can put in the living room if I ever need it. It’s not a must have because right now I love my little sanctuary in my room and spend a lot of time there when I am home.

2 Likes

Thanks! I figure there are a lot of us who have trouble standing. Using your seat as a makeshift altar sounds great! That’s a really good idea.

2 Likes

@Amethyst, thank you! If I can think of anything else that I have improvised I will let you know. There are a couple of things that I do differently because of my limitations. I’m learning to improvise with a lot of things to make it easier for me to be out and about.

2 Likes

Its good that you’re able to get out. I know it’s a challenge with that rollator, it’s pretty heavy. Well done! :clap:

2 Likes