Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches

Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches

Ingredients:

3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from 1 chicken)
2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1⁄3 cup)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 mini baguettes (or 1 French bread baguette cut into 4 portions), split
4 romaine lettuce leaves

Directions:

Step 1

Place chicken in a medium bowl. Process anchovy fillets, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. Gradually add olive oil, and process until smooth; stir in Parmesan cheese. Pour dressing over chicken, and toss to coat.

Step 2

Stir together mayonnaise and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush cut sides of bread evenly with mayonnaise mixture. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Cook bread, cut side down, in a hot skillet, until toasted and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Divide chicken mixture and lettuce leaves evenly among bottoms of toasted bread; cover with bread tops.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Oh I bet I could get my son to eat this with me. I have another chicken salad recipe that he loves. & I know he likes everything in this one. Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! It seemed a good picnic type of sandwich. Glad you liked!

3 Likes

Everything about this sounds delicious… except for the anchovies :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth: Gonna have to pass on those slimy little fellas! :laughing: I love everything else, especially the note about using French baguettes :yum::baguette_bread:

You’ve got me craving chicken salad sandwiches, @Amethyst! Thanks so much for sharing :heartpulse:

4 Likes

That’s what is so great about this recipe, you can leave off the anchovies! Glad you liked, love!

2 Likes