Cleansing crystals

I’ve just received a delivery of crystals from Etsy.

A large raw amethyst cluster and tumbled stones of sodalite, moss agate, carnelian, smoky quartz, blue dalmatian jasper and red jasper.

This is a new area for me and I’m obviously some research into their uses and properties. But I was wondering if anyone has some advice on cleansing them first, both spiritually and physically (if that’s necessary).

Thanks in advance for your help.

15 Likes

@IrisW As a newbie myself with using crystals for magical/healing purposes, I’ll leave it to someone else to enlighten us in the ways of clearing and cleansing new stones but I did have to say Oh my Goodness!!! Those are beautiful! That amethyst cluster :heart_eyes: Congrats on your new acquisitions!

:infinite_roots:

Kat

9 Likes

Thanks Kat. I know there are a lot of wise and knowledgeable people here so I’m sure someone will have advice :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Firstly, the Amythest is gorgeous!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: I am in no way an expert on crystals and their properties I’m afraid. But, when I do cleanse the ones I have I usually bury them just a little under the Tree in my garden for 24 hours to send the energy back into the Earth. I know there are others ways as well though. I usually put them in a muslin bag so they stay clean but still manage to be cleansed :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Thanks @Liisa. The tumbled stones cake in a little muslin bag so that’s certainly a possibility.

7 Likes

Beautiful stones, first of all. What a find!

You can cleanse with sunlight, for a little while. It can bleach out stones like amethyst so I wouldn’t do it too much. Full moonlight is a great way to cleanse your stones and a lot of people do that.

Selenite is a natural cleanser, it’ll charge your crystals for you. I have a little selenite disk I put my crystals on and that helps.

As @Liisa said you can bury your crystals in a pot of plants or by a tree and let the earth cleanse them. That’s a good option.

Personally, I just to smoke cleanse mine. I use a palo santo stick on it and cleanse it that way.

I would not use water, some crystals react to water and dissolve a bit in it, like selenite, so there’s that. But any of the other three elements can be used to cleanse.

Anyhow, hope this helps. I’m not an expert on crystals so hopefully one of our crystal mavens will have more information for you.

9 Likes

All of the above and continuing what Amethyst said: This chart may be useful if you want to physically clean them with water: Physically Cleansing Crystals: Save this Chart!

Good luck!

7 Likes

@Amethyst and @IrisW I also cleanse mine with smoke from a Palo Santo stick, usually on the full moon. In between I use my Selenite wand and set them on it.
I’m sure the more research you do with your beautiful crystals and stones you’ll find a way that you like.
And of course, follow the link @Francisco shared too, lots of good info there.
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

Congrats on the new treasures, @IrisW! :gem::sparkles:

Others have shared some great resources for cleansing, so I’m just popping in to appreciate your crystals- they will make a lovely addition to your blossoming crystal collection! You really lucked out and got some gorgeous stones- the Dalmation Jasper is particularly gorgeous :blue_heart:

Enjoy them! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst @Francisco @Rowan and @BryWisteria all really helpful.

I think perhaps a book on crystals is the next to add to my collection. I’ll have a look through the recommendations topics.

6 Likes

whoa, Mama, those are beautiful. What is the blue speckled one. Caught my eye, it did.

5 Likes

That’s the blue dalmatian jasper. Caught my eye too.

I’ve had some selenite arrive too this morning as part of a mix kit I bought on Etsy.

So much research to do!

5 Likes

My wants one! I must go shopping!!!

6 Likes

Cool water. They’re all water safe. You could also use palo, cedar, lavender, salt lamp, salt, rice, moon, sun…I can go on all day :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

You’re welcome! There are oodles of good books out there, and each one of them seems to have a different way of cleansing crystals. I’ve even read one where you stuck the stone in the freezer for 24 hours. Just go with what feels right for you!

3 Likes