Crystal Witch - where to start

I’ve decided to look into becoming a crystal witch. What good intro books would you all recommend for me to look into this path?

I’ve found a free one on Kindle Unlimited:

Wicca Book of Crystal spells by Lisa Chamberlain

Is she a good author?

15 Likes

Warm greetings @christinastillion!

I’m afraid I don’t read too many crystal books (I know I’m missing out!) but I can vouch for Lisa Chamberlain- I just finished her book Wicca Book of Herbal Spells and I really enjoyed it (I posted a full review in the previous session of Book club).

I haven’t read her book on crystals, but if it’s anything like her herbal spells book I’m sure it’s one I would enjoy! :open_book: :blush:

Apologies I don’t have any other books to recommend- you might browse through the Book Club Reviews Masterpost, and I know there are many great crystal experts here in the forum who may have some recommendations for you! :sparkles:

Good luck and I hope you’re able to find some great books to help you on your journey! :gem:

9 Likes

@christinastillion oooo oooo oooo u should definitely speak to @Susurrus i truly believe she could help u

11 Likes

Hi! I’m here! I will get back to you in a little bit with some good resources to get you started on your crystal journey! I have a couple of books, sites, and apps that are really helpful & I also took classes for crystals & healing… so I will see what else I can come up with! I promise to be back. :smiling_face:

We have others in the forum that are well-versed in crystals as well & a couple or a few that went to through the same courses that I did… so they may have some other resources for you too! :heartpulse:

• Side Note: yes, Lisa Chamberlain is a great author on varied subjects & she breaks things down very easily for the reader. I haven’t read her crystal book, but if it’s anything like the others I have read, I’m sure it’s a good start on your crystal journey! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
11 Likes

Oooo that would be awesome @Susurrus :heart:

9 Likes

HI, just popping on to say I haven’t forgotten… my day just got a bit busier. Once I can have a few minutes… to the bookshelf I go! :smiling_face:

9 Likes

@christinastillion I’m back… honestly I started with these 2 books. As I got crystals, I kept the information cards & pieces of that stone in a bag with the information cards.

After a while you start being able to identify them better as you work with them.

I also have 2 crystal oracle decks. 1 is Wild Crystals from Tamed Wild & the other is Radiant Crystals by Bouchette Designs. I only use the cards that I have a stone that matches. The others I add in as I get them. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I used the Rock Identifier app when I forgot what some of the smaller ones I have are & for quick info, the HealingCrystals.com app is good too. You can search by stone then just click on more info.

After learning that way & working with them & learning more from the site & forum :infinite_roots: I took classes :face_with_monocle: :school: to become an Advanced Crystal Practitioner.

Then its just knowing what I have :nerd_face: & what my intention or purpose is for them. So I still have books :bookmark: & the apps & my info cards :card_index: too. Also the work from the school for reference based on what I’m doing with them & in which form.

12 Likes

Judy Hall, Krista Mitchell and Ashley Leavey are great crystal teachers! The lat 2 have crystal healer courses. Good luck on your crystal journey! If you have any questions, just ask. Ive taken the crystal healer course and the advanced course.

10 Likes

Ooh, Healther Askinosie is great! How could I forget her!

10 Likes

That was the first book I got about crystals after I was doing my search on the internet & came across Energy Muse! It’s a great book! My daughter will use it when she has questions & I’m not around to help her out. I even have a crystal journal booklet for her so she knows which stones she has been given or picked out from my collection. :laughing:

I knew you had also taken the Advanced Practitioner Course, but didn’t know if you had anything else to add & I didn’t want to put you on the spot :grin: @Phoenix_Rose. Both @christina4 & I took the crystal classes through the Love & Light School - Ashley & she also has Mimosa Spirit Shoppe (Love & Light School Store :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) & there are some free downloads but also great crystals & things to purchase as you are able to or would like to based on how you work with your crystals.

8 Likes

Hello, @Susurrus, I cannot add much. A lot of what I have learned, I have learned from my mom over the years. She is always reading. I don’t have a book off the top of my head. I am realizing a lot of what I do/know has come from her mentioning things to be over the past few decades. However she hasn’t ever really directly taught me as she pulls back if I start asking more than a couple of times. But thanks for thinking of me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I can’t add much to what @Susurrus has recommended. I do love Lisa Chamberlain. I own several of her books on Kindle (maybe all lol). She does an excellent job of explaining things, no matter the topic. I have dinner a quick glance at her crystal book but haven’t done a real read of it yet. I’ve been focusing on herbs and tarot at the moment.

6 Likes

Hi Megan, I see my suggestion was removed, but I don’t know why. She asked for suggestions and I gave a suggestion with a link. What did I do wrong?
thanks
Garnet

4 Likes

Hey Garnet! :wave: I sent you a message – check your messages :blush:

4 Likes

Y’all have no idea how happy I am to have stumbled across this. It is exactly what I didn’t know I was looking for and will be a great help after a recent revelation

4 Likes

The be all and end all book on crystals is “Love is in the Earth, THE Crystal and Mineral Encyclopedia, by Melody” a 965 page resource for all things crystal.

another general book is

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach

by Robert Simmons , Naisha Ahsian

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.