Crystal wrapping

Can anyone help me discover what kind of material is being used to make these really neat wands? I want my wand to look like these!
Any suggestions? I just love how the crystal is attached to the wand!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Wow. Those are beautiful but expensive. Here, I got mine from Amazon and it’s oak. Clear Crystal Oak Magic Wand. Its very nice, sturdy and smooth. If you click on the brand, Merlin’s Realm, it’ll show all their products and they have several wands.

Sorry I can’t help you identify those wands you show. If I don’t see the tree, I haven’t got a clue. Heck, I don’t have a clue half the time I see the tree without a guide.

7 Likes

Could it be dry clay? They look a bit like the wands in this tutorial which are made with clay and hot glue. You could also ask the seller about the materials and the process.

7 Likes

Beautiful! As for the materials, I agree with Francisco- it could be hot glue painted with gold metallic paint, or some kind of dried and attached clay also coated with paint.

It’s amazing what people can do with some basic materials and a lot of creativity! :grin::sparkles:

7 Likes

Awsome your right it’s probably hot glue gun like you said thanks so much! I appreciate everyone”s input!
I just want my want to turn out a certain way and I think it’s gonna turn out really good!
Francisco I just might take your advice and ask the lady how she did it! Just come out and say I love your wand, how did you do it?I wasn’t sure if she’d be willing to help.
Thank you very much everyone!
Jeannie

7 Likes

If your wand is made of wood, you can split the end in five separate strands about three inched down or less, then boil it. Like spaghetti it will become pliable. Wrap the base so it won’t split further then wrap the five wooden strandsaround the base of your Crytstal. Use tape to hold it in place. When it thoroughly dries it will return to being hard. Remove the tape.

7 Likes

Francisco,
This is perfect, I think this is it and it’s called dry clay not wet clay. I am getting all the wiring tonight!
I want it to be perfect :star_struck: Thanks Francisco!

7 Likes

Just getting all the materials together! I just need to be patient thank you :blush:

8 Likes

That’s exciting! Can’t wait to see the final result!

7 Likes

So I have been waiting I guess I made a mistake and somehow the purchase didn’t go through so I had to re-order everything and hopefully soon I will be able to do my project. Sorry for the delay. Soon I hope I will start my project and everything will be awesome!
Jeannie

7 Likes

No worries, @Jeannie1! I’m glad you were able to catch that something was amiss with the order- hopefully everything is worked out and your package is on its way to you :grin: May it arrive safely and soon :package: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

@BryWisteria I realize this an old post but I can tell you from experience hot glue for crystals on a wand=no bueno. At least it didn’t for me. It worked for. Little while but eventually I ended up wire wrapping my amethyst to the handle and my howlite tip. The glue just doesn’t agree with the crystals. Not to mention the heat kinda messes up the shape and cracks/craters the stones. :pensive: I’m sad to say that this is a project that hot glue just isn’t the best pick for. The glue is good for making raised decorative markings on the wood and such… Pretty much everything except for the crystals. And that’s a hard thing for me to admit. I’m also an artist with a home studio and Facebook shop and hot glue is one of my FAVORITE tools and my go to bonding method. And I’m not afraid to admit that I’m honestly not very good at wire wrapping ANYTHING so this was almost disheartening/discouraging to me when I realized that I would need to wrap the stones to my wand but it didn’t turn out too bad and I’m very happy with my wand. (Though I did accidentally dislodge my amethyst on my handle during while casting my circle last night and will be fixing it later on today)

10 Likes

@Jeannie1 I made mine out of a muscadine Vine. I feel like wands have the same rule as the craft which is it doesn’t really matter what it’s made of it’s the energy you put into it. I feel like wands should be like altars, ya know. Set an intention and focus the intended energy on it while making it but make it your own. When I was looking for the perfect stick for mine and I looked for 3 months I told my husband what I was looking at sticks for (because he has a good eye for sticks since he makes walking sticks) and he agreed to help me look but his words to me was “darlin I’ll help you but ultimately you need to pick the stick because you need to pick one that speaks to you and that feels right to you. And you should take your time and don’t rush it because you will know it when you see it. It’ll scream “this is the one” and you’ll just know.” My husband did not even practice. He only decided a couple of days ago that he wants to learn how to harness and use his gifts and practice alongside of me but he has always been supportive and he was absolutely right. When I found my twisted muscadine Vine I knew instantly that I would make a beautiful wand out of it. And actually once I cut it to the appropriate length it had enough left that I’m going to make my husband one out of the other end of the vine and give him my wands twin as a gift when he’s ready to start his spell work (I’m kinda starting to help him learn by making him research and having him to guided meditation with me like I did) I’m still very much a baby witch myself as I’ve only been practicing for about 6 months but when I started I dove all the way in and did round the clock research but I feel confident enough to at least help him get started. I gave him his first little starter kit tonight. (Sorry I’m strayed off topic) but your wand looks amazing and as long as you are happy with it then that’s all that matters.

8 Likes

Your wand is gorgeous, @phoenix_dawn ! :heart_eyes: I love all the colors- it has such bright and joyful energy :sparkles:

Thanks for the tip about hot glue and crystals- I love hot glue for most decorative things (and most quick fixes too- it’s my usual go-to lol) but it’s good to know that hot glue may not be the best choice when it comes to a long-term adhesive for crystals. I wonder if “cold” extra-strong glues (like Gorilla Glue) would work better than hot glue when it comes to attaching crystals :thinking: I agree that wire wrapping can be tricky to master, but it does have such a lovely aesthetic for witchy tools and jewelry! :sparkling_heart:

Thanks again for sharing your experience and your lovely wand too, Megan! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Megan,

When I get home, I’ll get the finished wand and show you how beautiful it turned out. I learned the hard way, not to use hot glue gun on crystals. I ended up using copper wire to attach the crystal. Really this is all trial and error. I am not really good with the crystal wrap but I managed. I need to start over cause I used an electrical light to power :battery: the wand so it would light up. The glue ruined my light.

I figured, I don’t need the light anyway!!:slightly_frowning_face:since I have two ill try again. I just don’t know how to get the light on right without damaging it. I’ll send you a picture later today!

Blockquote

Very cool you made your wand out of muscadine Vine! :clap: :clap:
I definitely need to direct my energy more and that’s on the real!!LOL

Blockquote
My hubby likes to go with me too and helps along side of me! I am glad yours does too! That is really nice of him!

Blockquote
My wand really spoke to me and I had to have it! I really like to investigate all different tress and undress them to see what it looks like when you peel the skin off!LOL
I just got a Mazinita and supper

stoked about it! I love the point and the way it lays on the table. So there are many things to consider!

Megan12, good chatting with you!
I had fun! Love and Magic!
Your wand is so beautiful I love all the colors and know I want to put a charm on mines!
Blessed Be!!
Jeannie

7 Likes

That’s gorgeous! @Jeannie1 have you thought of wire wrapping the light as well? I’m thinking about going to the dollar store and getting a small little strand of lights and attaching to the length of my wand. I just don’t know how to hide the bulky battery box :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

:pentagram:Megan12

[quote=“phoenix_dawn, post:36, topic:4922”]
have you thought of wire wrapping the light as well?
[/quote]. No because my stick already has wire going all around, I could take the wire out then try to wrap the wire around but there was no way it became impossible without damaging the wire.

After everything was said and done I saw this guy who had a neat light and so I went to michaels and it was way over priced so if you do find a light at the dollar tree I will be very surprised. I was going to try a different source of light too cause that light did not last that long at all and the wireing is ugly if you cant hide it. It was hanging out and I dont want anything just hanging there. I just might get a different light source and try the dollar store too! That could be an idea to try out to see how it turns out. Like you said earlier the light has a bulky ugly button on the wire and makes me very unhappy :rage:!lol That’s why I came across the hurtle. I even tried laying clay down to implement spirals for the Goddess energy to flow in me to hide the button.

Also, I really like wood burning on my tools because you can use pagan symbols.

I wanted to try different ideas out, for example if you use epoxy on the Manzinita it really defines the wood and gives it a beautiful gloss. You might want to try it. I will try epoxy I think on the Manzinita and maybe burn some symbols before I use the epoxy.
Warning bulging button lol!
Jeannie

Blockquote
I think you should try going to the dollar store and attaching some light your wand is already blinging! :smiley: If you do that it will really pop! Your wand is really magical. I would like to incorporate some more color for my wand and add beads. I just used a neckless that was really long and wrapped it. I cant wait to find some more beautiful strands of beads to incorporate for the wand!
Jeannie
Blessed Be! :infinity:

7 Likes

I love your wand!! The shape is perfect. Mine has a similar swirly design.

7 Likes

So I have added making a wand to my to do list, and I searched magic wand images to get some ideas. About halfway down the page adult toys started showing up…

I live on the side of a mountain, so wood should be easy enough to find -in fact, some juniper and maple might both be available. If I can do it, is there any magical reason why I couldn’t make a wand by wrapping the two woods together? (Yes, you can bend wood!)

8 Likes

None that I can think of. I think it would be beautiful to combine the energies of the two types of wood. I would love to see it if you decide to make one.

8 Likes