Crystals Galore! What's your favorite?!

They’re a great tool for grounding and shadow work. I like the idea of bracelets but I don’t keep them on for long. But yours are beautiful :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m amazed by the power of crystals but; Lapis is probably the most intriguing. Mosques use it for their domed roofs. It has a connection to the ancient Sumerian Gods.
It is my belief that they were ancient astronauts that came here and brought our souls here and placed them into the animals they created; humans. There’s something in Lapis that connects us to our soul’s origins.

8 Likes

Wow, @Neptune! Such a lovely collection! That’s great!

My favorites are my amethyst.

And my new Blue Adventurine palm stone I got for Yule.

It just looks like air or water currents stopped in stone to me. I love it!

11 Likes

Absolutely stunning collection, @Neptune! :heart_eyes: I love how you sorted them all by color- your stones make such a beautiful crystal rainbow display :rainbow::gem: You are clearly a crystal lover- is that a huge rose quartz in the back left? It looks so beautiful :two_hearts:

Crystals bracelets are a perfect NYE gift, @CelestiaMoon- they are lovely! :prayer_beads:

A very neat stone, @Limeberry! I admit I don’t know much about Blue Apatite- what work do you usually do with this pretty piece? :blush:

Congrats on your new Rhonda, @Christina4! She is stunning :sparkles:

I am in awe of your new Blue Aventurine, @Amethyst- look how it sparkles, it’s perfect for Yule! :star_struck:

Like others have said- it’s so hard to pick one favorite! :laughing: I also go through phases of favorite crystals. But my little orange Aventurine has come with me through numerous adventures around the globe, so that’s a classic fave of mine :orange_circle::two_hearts:

Thanks to everyone for sharing- I just love seeing all the gorgeous treasures! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I really like it and the fact that it was sent to me by a dear friend makes it even more special.

6 Likes

Yes! The history of lapis lazuli with ancient Sumeria…the blue eyed statues. The votive statues were usually always looking up and always had blue (lapis) eyes. The heavens had layers, each layer had a color. The highest layer was blue. The lapis lazuli eyes symbolized that they’re seeing the highest heavens. Whatever you see or focus your attention on is the direction you’d move in. It was in a way a ritual to propel themselves to heaven.
I hope I explained this well! Damien Schools Echols made a video explaining what I said.

7 Likes

There is a huge industry for crystals in the Western world and other places know this. A lot of the crystal mines outside of the U.S. use unethical ways of obtaining the crystals that they then sell like child labor and exploitative wages, and they get away with this because they’re not regulated. I’m not 100% versed in the nuances of it and I definitely can’t speak from a professional standpoint. There is an argument to be made, though, that the majority of crystal sellers aren’t obtaining their crystals ethically. I’m just going to leave some links here, but I recommend the Borealis Meditation Podcast because Kat is actually planning to talk about this very issue in the next episode, I believe. She’s a geologist, animist, witch, and pagan currently living in Singapore. She’s amazing at what she does and she always provides A+ information.

These articles are just meant as food for thought, honestly. I haven’t been able to find quality studies or articles in just a quick Google search about the ethics of crystal mining outside the US. I’m sure they’re around, but I just haven’t had the time to dig into it.

I’m not educated enough to speak on the entire subject, but crystal mining – and mining in general – just give me bad feelings. That’s the only way I know how to describe it :woman_shrugging:

And this isn’t meant to be a downer, either. I don’t want anyone to feel bad about their crystals or their love of crystals. We can’t really escape the reality of mining and how our society basically runs on the destruction of the planet. I just think it’s good to be conscious of where your crystals, and other ingredients for that matter, are coming from.

7 Likes

It’s a great stone for motivation, energy, willpower, beauty, and as a result is often used to improve self-image and aid weight-loss! I’d like to think my little chip apatite chip bracelet helped curb my appetite a little over the festive period :rofl:

Yesterday I was creating a bath for motivation, creativity and inspiration when the stone came a-glinting… I ended up concocting a little skin toner with witch hazel, jasmine, frankincense and clove :laughing: I was just hoping for some motivation to tidy and reorganize my room!

8 Likes

she’s gooooooorgeous!
I loooove rhodonite :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Both such beautiful crystals @Amethyst :heart_eyes: I now neeeed a blue aventurine!

5 Likes

Your collection are so pretty, Don’t real have a favorite crystal as yet, however if I had to choose I would go with the Clear Quartz Crystal, the Master Healer.

6 Likes

Very interesting to know this, I can definitely say that I have learnt something today. Thanks for the info.

5 Likes

You’re welcome I’m glad to have helped! :sparkles::gem::sparkles:

5 Likes

I’m definitely drawn to blue stones & the different Tiger’s Eye stones. I have a few different quartz stones, but I need some more towers or points. I only have a couple of smaller ones. But I also adore geodes or clusters of stones. Those are beautiful. My favorite one is amethyst. I have it up on a shelf with a piece of selenite behind it. If I can safely get it down I will post a picture of it.

7 Likes

It feels really calm when I hold it too. Very nice!

4 Likes

A little good advice…wash your hands after touching tigers eye stones. It has asbestos. Tigers eye is toxic. Some say tumbles are ok but I’d still wash my hands. I have some but I’m ok with using it just be advised, ok. I am not trying to scare you away from your fav stone! Or anyone for that matter.

6 Likes

Thank you for the tip! I had no idea that it has asbestos. I will make sure to wash my hands when I am done with it.

3 Likes

I did not know that! Thanks for the useful bit of information! Sheesh, you’d think they’d tell you when your buying some. Is it in all colors of tiger’s eye?

2 Likes

If you break it up or chip at it, wear a mask. :mask: Other than being toxic, it is a great stone. Cinnebar is another toxic stone!
Cinnabar (otherwise known as mercury sulphide) is the single most toxic mineral known to man. … The problem with Cinnabar, is when oxidized it produces methyl and dimethy mercury, two toxic compounds that cause terminal damage to the nervous system.

6 Likes

And here I have a bit of cinnabar too! I hope it’s not real. Gads.

3 Likes