Deck garden

Pretty pics from my deck

13 Likes

You’ve got happiness on deck, @Undomeher- these are gorgeous! :blossom::sparkles:

I especially love the blue morning glories- that is such an intense and pretty color to see :blue_heart: :blush:

Blessed be!

8 Likes

Those are so pretty! :heart_eyes:

What are those interesting red ones? :hibiscus: They remind me of sunflowers.

8 Likes

How beautiful!

8 Likes

Thank you! They are black dahlias.

8 Likes

Gorgeous flowers :star_struck:

I just got new Dinner Plate Dahlia bulbs to plant & Spider Lily bulbs too!

I haven’t decided if I want them in the ground or larger planters for the yard.

You have a gorgeous collection @Undomeher

8 Likes

Ohhh I love them even more now :heart_eyes:

I need to figure out what kind of flowers will survive here in Florida :laughing: we get a lot of rain and wind during the summer months and we have a million different kinds of bugs. I just need to be better about it, I guess :woman_shrugging: You’ve got a wonderful collection of flowers, though!

8 Likes

I also have a deck garden and love the atmosphere it creates. Your occupants are beautiful!

8 Likes

@Undomeher These are gorgeous!! I am now planning more flowers for next year!

@MeganB Bolivian Sunset Gloxinia and Heuchera like moist, well-drained soil.

I get a lot of rain here in Houston and I use Moisture Control soil in pots. I ensure the pot has a hole on the bottom and fill the bottom with rocks to ensure it can drain well. Then add the soil and plant the flowers. I have knock-out roses and Coleus (can’t remember the exact kind). I have tried lavender but it got too much water and died. I am going to try again with sandier soil next spring.

Also, you can always plant native wildflowers.

9 Likes

Native wildflowers is what I’m leaning toward. I want to do some in my back garden where I’m going to plant my vegetable garden. I just gotta figure out how I want to do it :blush: Thank you for the suggestions, too!

7 Likes

Doing them within your vegetable garden is great! They will attract pollinators. You can also see if any are natural bug deterrents or “traps”.

7 Likes

I’ve got a lot of research to do! :laughing:

7 Likes