Denzel would like to introduce his baby brother 🐾

Well everyone, as many of you have met my main little man… Denzel. My most loyal and best friend.

Denzel would like to introduce you all to the newest member of the family, his new baby brother … at 13 weeks… please meet Dillon

We went for a very long drive over the weekend to Toodyay to where Denzel was born to pick him up.

Mum and I have thought about getting a puppy, for a few years now for a companion for Denzel so he had a bond with someone after we lose Sari who is getting close to 16 as D is only 6, he would have many years on his own. So we decided it was time. So far so good, at first D really was not sure of him and I was worried that we had made the wrong decision. But this morning for the first time they were playing chasee together.

16 Likes

Awww! So very cute! Although Denzel looked like he was considering throwing the puppy out the window there for a moment. Dillon looks like he’d be cute enough to get big brother to like him though! Congrats!

7 Likes

He’s really cute indeed :blush:

5 Likes

Awe they both look so cute :dog: :dog:

4 Likes

Ahhhhhh look at your pups- they are both so sweet, @Jessica72!!! :heart_eyes: Oh my goodness Dillion has stolen my heart- look at his cute little face in the car, he is the definition of adorable :dog: :two_hearts:

I am sure Denzel will be a wonderful big brother to Dillion- congrats to all of you on the new member of your loving family! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh my goodness!!! How cute!!!

5 Likes

Adorable. Dashhounds are very loyal smart breed. My parents have one and he loves watching TV and barking at the dogs and cats he sees. Lol

5 Likes

Ahhhh! One of my favorite breeds. I have two males myself. They are so adorable!!

7 Likes

@Amethyst :rofl: Thank you and OMG you’re right. D does have that look on his face that he’s plotting the fastest way to dispose of puppy doesn’t he?!

@NickWick, @debra2 and @robin77 Thank you all :blush:

@TheTravelWitch Thank you :blush: We have been very blessed. He is a lot like Denzel and is a really good little puppy.

@brad1 Thank you :blush: and you’re so right! They are so smart and loyal. But need to add tenacious and stubborn into the mix, well for Denzel especially. :laughing:

@JaniceMarie Ah! you have a long-hair too! May I say that both boys are looking most handsome in their bow-ties! Thank you so much for sharing a photo. I know what you mean. It’s just a ‘dachshund thing’ isn’t it? Once they stomp their little paw prints on your heart. That’s it! It’s so nice meeting other dachie people! This is our little long-hair Sari. She’s almost 16. Denzel absolutely adores her. He’s never been alone since he was a puppy. That’s why we decided to get Dillon so he’ll already have a bond with someone when that horrible day comes that we so lose her. Oh and that’s Darla in the background haha.

6 Likes

Aww, I love their little bow ties!

It’s difficult preparing for that day, isn’t it? Yours are all so cute in the picture, especially Darla. Then again, I’m a cat person. LOL!

4 Likes

Oh my! we have 7 rescue moggies. Darla, Faith, Buffy, Lilly, Elijah, Miles and Bagheera. Elijah and Bagheera are both :black_cat: I’ve had at least one black cat all my life lol!

4 Likes

These are some photos I have on my phone…

Miles - he’s my other boy with D

Buffy - my beautiful old lady

And Bagheera- the baby of the bunch

6 Likes

This was my baby Noah my best riding buddy and partner. He lived a happy 22 years.

7 Likes

Aw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: welcome to the family Dillon! He’s so adorable :star_struck:

5 Likes

Aww, they’re so cute! I had a black cat and a tuxedo cat that sadly passed on. Now I have max who is a tabby/white cat. No matter if I wear something dark or light, he has fur that will contrast with it! LOL.

Bless him! He was a cutie. How did you get him to wear his little glasses?

4 Likes

@charlaine oh Noah what an amazing man! Bless him. 22 years is incredible. What a life full of amazing adventures. What a dapper sausage in his riding goggles. Thank you so much for sharing your photos. He was a very handsome man.

@Amethyst yup cat fur goes with everything. I like to think of it as kitty glitter.

4 Likes

Thank you :blush:

4 Likes

Start them young. Yeaching them thatbtheybare okay. Get ones with removable lenses then treat like mad with lots of praise. Then start using the lenses. He also had earplugs so that his hearing wasn’t hurt.

4 Likes

Glitter is about right, that stuff sticks to everything. Both the glitter and the fur!

How very cool! I got my cat when he was about six months old so I was too late to collar train him or anything. Then again dogs take better to training anyhow, they want to please their alpha. Cats are just like, pfft, yeah, right. LOL!

4 Likes

You have an adorable riding partner there! My Yorkie loves rides, but I am scared to put him in a separate seat. He rides in his pouch that sits across my chest.

Love the pictures!

5 Likes