Divination Discussion 🎄 Let's Get Cheerful!

Way to go to everyone that participated in last week’s Divination Discussion to answer Mr. Novus’s question.

YAY! Thank you all for participating!

@Amethyst used their Goddess Guidance oracle to let Mr. Novus know that he needs to be able to stand on his own and do what he can to protect his family :mask:
@Francisco used a modified horseshoe spread to let Mr. Novus know that his troubles will soon pass him :horse:
@praecog29 blessed Mr. Novus with an oracle card reading, reminding Mr. Novus that he has a lot to be thankful for and now is a time of silent observation :thought_balloon:

It can be difficult reading for someone else, especially when that person isn’t used to asking for help. Wonderful job, everyone, for connecting to your cards and practicing a bit of divination. It is amazing to see each and every one of you pulling through and being inspired to answer these questions.

Great job everyone!

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Ready for the new discussion?

The holidays are coming and it’s time to be inspired, grateful, thankful, and cheerful!

Image Source

This week we are looking for inspiration in the decorations we see around us. When we think of the holiday season, we usually think of Yule trees, wreaths, ornaments, and lights. There are bright and cherry things wherever we look, even in the midst of the global health crisis. Seeing the bright colors, the trees, and the wreaths reminds me that everything is cyclical. We go through cycles ourselves, just as the world moves through cycles.

This week, I want you to look around at the holiday decorations – wreaths, trees, lights – and get inspired to come up with your own spread or reading using whatever divination method you prefer. Want to come up with a new divination method? That’s fine, too. Maybe you see figures, shapes, and ideas in the holiday lights as you pass by decorated buildings. Maybe you decorated your tree and gaze into it, looking for insight into the coming year.

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

What to do?

:christmas_tree: Create a new spread inspired by holiday decorations.
:christmas_tree: Share your spread with us!
:christmas_tree: Use it to read for yourself or, if you feel so inclined, share it so we can try it ourselves.

New to Divination Discussion?

How does it work?

• Each week, starting on Thursday, I’ll be posting a new hypothetical divination question.
    For anyone that doesn’t have a divination method or wants to make it a little more challenging, I’ll have another option available for you.

• During the week, use whichever method you feel comfortable with to answer the question. Draw as many cards, throw as many bones, or pull as many runes as you need. Any spread you think will work is okay to use that goes with the challenge.

• Write about it here in the comments and share any pictures you may have taken!

• Discuss your interpretation and the interpretations of others and help out where you can.

• Ask questions! If you’re not sure how to interpret something, please ask. Many of us have personal experience or other sources that we can share.

What’s the purpose?

When we are learning a new method of divination or just practicing, it can be hard to get good practice without actually doing anything. Practicing this way with a hypothetical situation gives you an idea of questions that might be asked and it gives you practice in how to respond if you’re reading for someone else.

Guidelines

Anyone can participate – from new beginners to seasoned readers alike – to benefit from this discussion. To make sure we’re all on the same page, I’ve got some guidelines for everyone to follow to make this a place of safe and constructive discussion.

1. Any divination method is okay - use what you’re okay with.

2. This challenge will run from Thursday of one week to the end of day Wednesday the following week.

3. If you do not want feedback on your interpretation or reading style, please say so. The purpose of this challenge is to learn and discuss with everyone else.

4. Please use trigger warnings if your interpretation involves any mention of the following.

Trigger Warning Words (click me)
  • rape
  • abuse
  • violence
  • self-harm
  • other sensitive materials

To hide words, phrases, or content in your writing, highlight it, click the gear button up top in the formatting, and select either Hide Details or Blur Spoiler

Be sure to get your interpretations in before Wednesday, December 30th!

Remember, there aren’t necessarily wrong answers. Divination is often very personal and that’s why interpretations are fun and good practice!

Need more information on different divination methods? Check out these sources.

:crystal_ball: Cromniomancy, Capnomancy & Other Little-Known Divination Methods
:crystal_ball: How to Use Dice for Divination
:crystal_ball: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Fortelling the Future
:crystal_ball: Tasseography: Tea Leaf Divination
:crystal_ball: Fortune Telling with Regular Cards
:crystal_ball: Whole Tarot Video Course
:crystal_ball: Talk Tarot with Me at Round the Cauldron

7 Likes

Ooh! I’ll kick this one off with a :christmas_tree: spread!

So I was going to do this as a card to represent each month… but then figured I’d dig a little deeper, so instead each card represents a sign of the zodiac and relates to key aspects of that sign. Hopefully that makes sense :sweat_smile:
So I started with Capricorn as 1 at the bottom and worked up.
E.g. of how it might work (use questions which work best for you):

1. Capricorn - What have I achieved in the past year that I can carry forward to the next? What are my plans for the year ahead?
  2. Aquarius - What improvements can I make? What activities or projects could I take on?
  3. Pisces - How can I be more creative? What is blocking my ideas/creativity?
  4. Aries - Which area of my self should I focus on? What will bring me energy?
  5. Taurus - How can I look after my mental health? What do I need?
  6. Gemini - Do I need to communicate/connect with someone? Could I change the way I am communicating?
  7. Cancer - How will my family/home life be feeling this year? What areas of my home life should I focus on?
  8. Leo - How will my love life be? How could I stand out more/bring attention or interest?
  9. Virgo - Should I be more practical or organised in certain areas? How can I help others?
  10. Libra - How are my relationships? Do I need to focus on any in particular? What should I meditate on?
  11. Scorpio - What do I need to banish or release from my life? Where will I find my strength or power?
  12. Sagittarius - How can I prepare for new experiences/adventures? What truths will be discovered?

I had so much fun with this and had a super interesting reading from it! Thanks for the challenge, @MeganB :kissing_heart:

edit: actually considering adding a second Capricorn at the bottom as number 13 (as the year begins and ends with Capricorn and to symbolize the tree growing :heart_eyes: :christmas_tree:):

1. Capricorn - What will I achieve this year? What do I need to do in order to achieve my goals?
6 Likes

Ahhhh I missed the last one- apologies Mr. Novus! :bowing_woman: Hopefully I can be more organized this week- there’s not much extra time but there is certainly lots of wonderful holiday inspiration to get me going! :christmas_tree::grin: Thanks for the fun challenge, @MeganB! :heart:

That is gorgeous, @Limeberry! :heart_eyes: A tree tarot spread that draws on the Zodiac- I am impressed! :clap::two_hearts: And I love the idea of Capricorn twice to complete the cycle- brilliant!

4 Likes

That’s a great idea :evergreen_tree: I love this spread and actually was inspired by the Yule Trees, too. I just haven’t posted my spread yet :sweat_smile: I love that you made each card a sign of the zodiac to play off what those signs represent. It looks great!

You’re very welcome :clap::two_hearts: Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

5 Likes

I am totally stealing @Limeberry’s tree idea :star_struck: and modifying it for my own purposes. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… :rofl:)

I tried adding a 13th card per Limeberry’s edited in suggesting but it looked like an arrow so I cropped it out of the picture. :upside_down_face: This uses the 12 signs of the zodiac and adds in random crystals. I mixed up the crystals and randomly dropped them on the cards to make it looked like a decorated tree. Using the largest crystal on each card, I could combine the crystal and the card and the zodiac together for a reading for each month.

5 Likes

That’s a clever idea :face_with_monocle: Good job!

3 Likes

Oh I LOVE this!!! Wowowow :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you. :grin: I totally stole your idea but I loved it so much. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Okay everyone, I’ve finally gotten moved and this will be starting back up here this week! This one will close on 2021-01-07T05:00:00Z EST (Eastern Standard Time) so you still have time to get your entries in! I’ll be doing mine here shortly :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats on your successful move, @MeganB! :partying_face::house_with_garden:

And thank you for the deadline extension- I will add it in to this week’s Merry Meet Monday with the new date! :blush:

3 Likes

Just a reminder that today is the last day for this discussion!

This discussion will close 2021-01-07T05:00:00Z EST (Eastern Standard Time)

3 Likes

Okay, so with the move and everything, I never actually had a chance to share this tarot spread I made. It fits perfectly with this discussion, though, so I’ll share it here. If I remember, maybe I’ll share it everywhere else next year :rofl:

This is a tarot spread I made, like a lot of you :laughing: that was inspired by the shape of a Christmas tree.

I was inspired by the shape of the tree but also by the cats that I have and what they do with the decorations at the bottom. So, here goes!

The bottom row (cards 1, 2, and 3)

These are the low-hanging parts of your life. Drop them. Get rid of them. Smack them off your holiday tree like a cat playing with sparkly ornaments. They no longer serve you and you’d be better off without them.

The middle row (cards 4 and 5)

These things will sustain you through the holiday season. Maybe your family sucks. Maybe you’re alone. Maybe you have too much family and you’re always stressed out! Lean on cards four and five to get you through the stress of the holidays.

The star at the top (card 6)

This is your light at the end of the tunnel! We know cards four and five are going to get you through the season, but card six is your driving force. This is going to move with you after the holidays, so hopefully, it’s a good one!

:candy: :christmas_tree: :candy: :christmas_tree: :candy: :christmas_tree: :candy: :christmas_tree:

This tarot spread was meant to have a bit of fun and bring some lightheartedness to reading tarot because oftentimes, it can become a bit serious. It might be too late to use it, or you can use it for any other upcoming holiday season. The choice is yours!

:candy: :christmas_tree: :candy: :christmas_tree: :candy: :christmas_tree: :candy: :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Ohhhh I love this tarot spread- so festive and cheery! :christmas_tree::heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.