DIY aroma stones with essential oils

DIY stones

I was trying to find information about what rocks can have essential oils on them and came across this recipe. I thought this was meat and I think instead of candy treats I may do Halloween essential oil stones to hand out!

9 Likes

Great idea. Thanks, @NoName!

I was thinking of that the other day, and we can also give that to the children instead of candies. hehe

7 Likes

That’s really interesting- what a fun craft idea to make your own scented “stones” with salt and oils :star_struck: I’ve always used volcanic rock/lava beads to hold essential oils, but this sounds like it could be fun too :blush:

That’s a really cute idea! If you do, I would just suggest clearly labeling that the rocks are not candy to prevent anyone accidentally eating them.

Epsom salt is a laxative and some essential oils are poisonous, so it’s best to make sure no one gets them mixed up in their candy bag and accidentally ingests them.

If anyone gives this recipe a try, please show pics! I’d love to see how they turn out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing this fun idea @NoName! :heart:

2 Likes

I saw stones and thought “ooh, a crystal post” :grin:
But is a wonderful idea, I’ve never heard of these before. Thanks!

5 Likes

Me either! Not even sure how well they hold up but worth a shot. My original google search was about crystals :joy:

2 Likes

I was thinking about this. I think I’m going to use pink Himalayan salt. However I believe all salt can be used as a laxative so not really sure it would matter the type you use. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I think Pink Himalayan salt could work as a substitute (and I bet it would look beautiful as well! :star_struck: ) but you’re right that eating a big mouthful of any kind of salt would likely have some unfortunate consequences for whoever ate it :sweat_smile:

Hopefully, making them on the larger side and sticking a do not eat label on somehow could hopefully prevent any accidental ingestion :pray:

Good luck and have fun if you’re crafting them, @NoName! I hope they turn out beautiful for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes