Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

I saw this movie this weekend. Without spoiling it for anyone, there is a main character who is a female witch. Not so much the stereotype though, with lots of ethical challenges.

FYI

8 Likes

Is it America? I hope it’s America or anyone else besides the Scarlet Witch.

6 Likes

Ohhhh thanks for the heads up, @anon87969570! :raised_hands:

I keep hearing about this movie, but I haven’t seen the other Doctor Strange movies so I’m worried the latest one might be hard for me to jump into too… did you enjoy it, Ron? Is it something you’d recommend watching? :blush:

3 Likes

To be honest, I’m not really a fan of Marvel movies or superhero movies, mostly because it seems that you have to see every movie and every tv show to understand the one that you watching. I did enjoy the ethical dilemmas and the character growth. There are some scenes that stuck with me, but I think their version of the multiverse is ridiculous. I was less confused because my daughter had months before told me about Spiderman No Way Home, in ridiculous detail.

I did enjoy it, but that could have been the company I was in. If these movies start to become a thing for me that’s okay, but if not that will be fine too. I mention it here because of the content relating to witchcraft and magickal ethics. When it comes available on Netflix or Amazon, it’s worth a watch, but don’t feel a need to rush out and spend crazy money to see it. It probably won’t change your life, but it might be entertaining.

5 Likes

I have seen almost all of the Marvel movies. They’re a great form of entertainment, but I wouldn’t call myself a fan. True story, I once offended someone on Facebook for mistaking a Marvel hero for a DC hero. 🫢 They’re so many, it’s hard to keep track of them all! 🫣

Anyway, I’ve seen the first Doctor Strange and loved it. Without spoiling anything, the thing that drew me in was the magic system was based on drawing on the energy from our universe and other universes.

Yes, the Scarlet Witch is in Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness. She’s the main character in the Disney+ TV show WandaVision. I watched a few episodes, but stopped for some reason. I’ve read that she’s considered a “reluctant villain”, which is an interesting take.

6 Likes

@anon87969570
You’re right, but she was always just a little bat :poop: crazy. Just saying.
Was it any good? Usually these types of movies are crammed full of special effects and sometimes you loose sight of the plot.
Blessings
Garnet
PS : What an interesting subject :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

There definitely were effects, but there was a plot. It was confusing at times and I recommend watching it twice to get the full effect. I’m not a Marvel fan either, but it was entertaining enough. Again, the moral dilemmas of the characters and the choices they made to resolve them were what I liked the most, especially given the connection to magick. Im not a fan of their concept of the multiverse, but that aside, it wasn’t a waste of time.

6 Likes

To be ready for this movie you really need to be a long time follower even shipping the wandavision series on Disney is more than enough to have you completely in the dark

6 Likes

So true! Sometimes its less about the activity and much more about who you are doing the activity with :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s my problem- I’ve only seen a couple, so I was worried about being lost :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your thoughts, Ron! It seems like it could be interesting, but I’ll take your advice and wait until it’s being streamed to give it a watch :blush::+1:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.