Does adding sweetners (such as sugar) in tea dilute their magickal or health benefits?

I used to add sugar in my tea until just now as I’m sipping plain chamomile tea.
I like putting sugar in it for obvious reasons–to turn down the bitterness of the teas.
Can I add like 1 or 2 teaspoons of sugar and still get full effects on whatever the tea is being used for?

7 Likes

That’s a great question @jada1 :thinking:

7 Likes

Sugar corresponds with Love & Lust, so I would think that it would add to whatever you have it in for romance or relationships. I may be wrong, but that’s how I would interpret it to be.

9 Likes

It’s self-love. Because drinking some teas without a sweetener is torture! LOL!

9 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, sometimes honey is a good sweetener too

7 Likes

I can’t buy honey, I love the taste of that stuff too much. I can just sit and drink it like a treat. Dangerous for a diabetic. LOL!

7 Likes

I can’t see where sugar would effect spells or recipes.

6 Likes

Thank you all for your replies :heart:

7 Likes

Adding sugar or sweetener to your teas only has an effect if that’s what you want. When we add things to our drinks for spells, we usually charge those ingredients and ask for their assistance. Just adding it to your tea to sweeten it up a bit won’t do anything other than sweeten your tea.

10 Likes

Thank you :heart: I can’t stand the bitterness :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

Yeah, I normally can’t either :rofl: I add either raw honey or agave syrup to mine :bee:

7 Likes